You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Man Everywhere

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Man Everywhere

 

I am 16 years old and have been seeing a large and tall figure for many years now. He is rather slim and has no facial features. I can barely describe what he is wearing because he is so black and bold, I can't really tell. I have read other stories about shadow people having red eyes but I only see a lightness in his eyes when it is dark and it's more of a light I can't bring myself to see, as if it would burn me or something.

It has never bothered me that I see this figure because it has been happening for so long and is a daily occurrence. Although the first few months I was very scared because I had no idea what it was or the intentions. I still don't but he doesn't threaten me. He is just there and he wants me to know that. It has never been threatening as such but continues to follow me around and appear in lots of different places even when I am abroad.

He doesn't really have any motives just acts like a rather distant human, although his movements are fast. Sometimes I feel his breath and presence and turn to see him there. I have only recently been concerned because no one else can see him and I don't know why I can.

I was with my friend the other day who was telling me about nightmares he used to get where he would see figures but he would never see them in real life. He then informed me that it could be a demon that I am seeing and I am becoming increasingly worried. He told me his nightmares stopped after he started to pray and believe in god. He tells me when he is with me and he takes off his Christ necklace he feels very vulnerable and gets chills.

I tried to wear a necklace with a cross on it but the demon just faced me and moved fast as if he was amused somewhat. I am getting very scared because this shouldn't be happening and I am looking for explanations as soon as possible.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kirstykarla, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

basilisk193 (35 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-06)
You probably know some one kind to only you but mean to others? Spirits can be the same.
If the shadow man has never shown any intention to harm you, just ignore him like you have always do. He might actually be protective of you. Have you ever seen any other spirits or only this guy?
Shadow people are mostly psy-vamps, your friend getting chill could be the sign the shadow man is passively feeding on him and the guy happens to be more sensitive/vulnerable (his past suggests he is), but then it could just be him remembering bad memories.
If you are a Christian, then go to the Church or appropriate institutions based on your religion, it may improve the situation. Just remember, it's faith that matters.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-06)
Well, matsaw, this site does have commenting guidelines (link at bottom of page) and one of those guidelines deals with religion. Sharing one's beliefs is fine, stating one's beliefs as absolute fact violates the guidelines. Not interested in a religious flame war, just following the rules. Have a good un.
matsaw (2 stories) (38 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-07-06)
[at] bad juu juu. I see no difference in what truthseeker11 said in his/her reply from other advice given on this site, as a matter of fact it's probably the most sane, realistic advice that I have come across on here and I just don't see how he's forcing anything on anyone.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-05)
TruthSeeker11, I don't know if you've read the comments guidelines (there is a link at the bottom of the page) but please read and follow them. This bit in particular is relevant:
◾This site offers discussions on the topic of ghost experiences, with people coming from various cultures, so please avoid proselytizing or preaching, unless the author of a story specifically asks to receive feedback from that religious perspective. This site is not about religious beliefs, it is about actual personal paranormal experiences and exploring reality with an open and investigative mind so we can actually learn more about the paranormal, with the same empirical mind set that made science so successful in other fields. Religions have a lot of wisdom to offer in terms of personal spirituality, but they can also limit our knowledge of the world with old superstitions and unproven dogmas. It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact.
TruthSeeker11 (2 posts)
-4
10 years ago (2014-07-05)
pray in the name of jesus seek refuge and the lords truth wisdom and strenght, KNOW that through jesus you have power and authority over these demons they have already been defeated 2014 years ago! Do not let this linger pray pray and ask to know the truth. It reacted to the cross its not hard to see that this is not here to help you in any way its here to cause harm even if it seems harmless right now that's what they are and do, don't entertain it REBUKE IT you have power over them through jesus seek him and they will flee do not give them grounds you take the grounds!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-05)
kirstykarla - those kind of thoughts would fit into that category, I think.

Like I said, several of us have been trying to figure these Shadow Men out. Some of the theories are there are different categories that they might "fit" in. Keep in mind, these are just guesses and most likely wrong 😉 All we can do is form theories based on what we can learn from others', and our own, experiences.

My daughter's Shadow Man appeared when she was 14, right after her dad died. The Shadow Man just was there one day, like yours, and my daughter was the only one who ever saw him. Eventually he went away, just like he appeared. One day he was there, the next he wasn't.

One theory is there are "Watchers" like these, who are just here to observe. There are so many different opinions, theories, guesses, that I could go on for a long time. But you have answered my question and I have taken up enough of your time 😊 But before I go, I'd like to say one more thing. If your Shadow Man was intent on harming you, he'd have done it long before now.

And thank you for answering my question. I really do appreciate it. Maybe one day all of this information will help us have some insight into these Shadow Men.
kirstykarla (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-05)
i wouldn't say traumatic although I have had a past of suicidal thoughts and self harm but now I'm pretty much fine, thank you
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-04)
kirstykarla - you said the shadow man isn't threatening and doesn't really have any motives. It seems that you only got scared after talking to your friend, who put the suggestion of "demon" into your mind. Up until then you seemed to be, if not okay, at least not scared of the shadow man.

It's funny how our friends, family, the internet, etc can influence us. From what you have shared with us about this shadow man, it doesn't appear to me that there is anything to be afraid of. You had already said he can move fast, but because of the reaction you said you got when you tried to wear a cross, he moved fast. That, to me, doesn't prove anything except he was doing something he is known to do.

I think you are letting your friend influence you, and it's not a good thing. Just because there is a shadow man hanging around you doesn't mean it's a bad thing. It doesn't mean he is there to harm you and it honestly doesn't mean he is there for any reason that we know of.

I have a question if you don't mind to answer. When you first started seeing him, were you going through anything traumatic in your life? Sometimes drama/trauma around the age you are will draw them.

This is a subject several of us have been trying to find more about so my question isn't just me being nosy 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: