You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Seeing Dark Angel As A Child

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing Dark Angel As A Child

 

When I was younger, I always told my friends that when I was little I had seen a dark figure in my room. And I had. The dark figure never hurt me, he (the figure had broad shoulders and was tall so I assumed that he was a man) just stood there at the end of my bed. He didn't have a face, he was more like a thick shadow. He was big, about 6'3 and he slouched. He had wings but they were folded up on his back. For a long time, I thought it had been a dream, but it wasn't.

About two years ago, I was talking to my mom about this man that she was friends with that we were living with for a while, his name was Tom. We lived with him for three months and he soon got sick with cancer and died.

Anyway, my mom had been gone one morning and when she came home, Tom was sitting at the kitchen table crying. She asked him what was wrong and he told her that I had came into his room and told him there was a man in my room who was completely black with black wings (at the time I was about 4 or 5 years old). He was terrified for me because I was so little to see something like that. My mom took me to church and told our pastor about it. He told her that what I saw was a dark angel, or the angel of death, and that he didn't hurt me because I was a child, an innocent soul.

About a month or so after going to see the pastor and telling him what had happened, he died. And then Tom died. I guess that was a sign that death was coming very soon, and it did.

I wanted to share my story because I know there are people out there that this happens/happened to or their children experience it. It's real, I will never forget this.

I believe in ghosts/spirits, but I am a STRONG believer in angels. Whether they are dark angels or guardian angels, they exist.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RosemaryLynnMay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-24)
Chewbaby76: this forum doesn't include the interpretation of dreams and I don't intend to give any meaning to your dream.
I think there is not enough information to consider it paranormal in nature.
Did you play any video games that could have influenced what you dreamed that night? Perhaps you read a book or watched a movie or even had a conversation about spooky themes that, later, reflected in your dream?

It would be a good idea to start a journal of your dreams and see if this is a recurring dream; otherwise don't worry about any weird dream and have a good night sleep.
Chewbaby76 (1 posts)
-2
8 years ago (2016-05-24)
Hello, well last night I had the weirdest dream it was dark outside I was in a familiar place. Then all of a sudden I see this black fallen Angel with a white face and black everything else. It had hitten the ground already. But still alive and flaying about with it was an old police radio boom box style with all the works and handcuffs. I asked it if it was OK then it was gone as fast as I saw it. So I'm wondering it possibly means, any feedback would be awesome thanks
snowraven37 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
wow, That's really terrifying but its also quite fascinating. 😲
mimerkki (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
This is a dream of mine, but this still goes loosely within the subject. I work as a nurse, so I see dead and dying often. Once in a while there are old ladies, who really don't give up living in spite of their poor health and high age, and who fight the death with tooth and nail (women are tough 😉). I once saw a dream of dark clad warriors, both men and women, dressed in fantastical black armours, who had come to take this old lady with them. In my dream she ran from them but darn, if my angels of death look that good, I am certainly not goingto put up any fight 😆
nilan1111 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
my grandpa died 3 years ago
My grandpa knew he was going to die because he saw his siblings (all died before) were calling him come with them and he even explained how to arrange his funerals but then he forgot what he said and he said there was a black man waiting for him what we didn't bleive him because his finals days he was talking weird and he almost forgot himself
after he died my grandma told us that black person was god of death (black angel) when a person saw black angel there was death coming
jabman05 (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
What you saw was the angel of death, neither good or bad. He is an archangel Christians believe this is Michael or Sameal (the good and evil angels of death) and in Islam he is often Named Azeal.

He is often seen by children and those who are dieing but as I said he is neutral his job is to help those who have died reach there ultimate destination to do those he has control of both Angels and demons and comes with whichever is appropriate to the person who died.

As a child who was not dieing he would not have been seen with either of those but he often visits the house holds of those who are dieing to try and bring them peace before they die, he slouches because I expect he dispares at his grisly grim task.
RosemaryLynnMay (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
To SDS-
This happened when I was 4 or 5 years old. Tom died at the time that this happened. My mom told me about this about 2 years ago. I thought that this was pretty clear in the story, but its alright I appreciate your feedback. And I am 18 years old by the way.
To Lady-Glow-
Yes,yes, no, and not that I remember. And i'm not sure why he just came right out and said that it was the angel of death, but he did. I'm sure it was a matter of opinion or something like that. It wasn't a shadow from something outside or something in the house. It was very clear that it wasn't human persay but it wasn't some figment of my adolescent imagination either.
I apologize if my story is a bit confusing, I tried to be as thorough as possible but this situation happened roughly 14 or so years ago and I'm new to this. So cut me some slack, lol. Thanks guys and gals:)
😜 😁
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-08)
Hello RosemaryLynnMay, apart from what lady-glow asked, I have some questions for you. You said that "About two years ago, I was talking to my mom about this man that she was friends with that we were living with for a while, his name was Tom. We lived with him for three months and he soon got sick with cancer and died."

And then again you said, that when you were 4 or 5 years old, Tom way crying in the kitchen and your mother took you to the pastor and he died and so also Tom.

But in your profile, you are mentioned as a teenager. If Tom had died two years ago and the pastor died a month after you saw him before Tom died, how come the incident you narrated that made your mom to take you to pastor would have happened when you were 4 or 5 years ago.

Well please do clear-off the age contradiction.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-07)
A possible answer to your question is this...

Children are closer to where our spirits come from before entering a physical body... Which is also the place our spirits return to when our physical body dies... Being young and innocent some sort of attachment may remain for them between the spirit world and the physical world... Over time this connection fades. Basiicly as we grow older we lose the connection... There are individuals who do not lose this connection... Thus we have mediums...psychics...ect.

Just my two cents without any religion attached... And believe you me I could attach some... 😉

Respectfully,

Rook
demonspiritgirl (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-07)
kids usually see ghost. I don't know why that is. But I can see them and I used to see a lot when I was little.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-05)
I have some questions about your story:
-Did you see the "dark angel" just once?
-Were you and your mother living with Tom when you saw the shadow?
-Do you know if the pastor had any health problems?
-Do you remember any feeling of dread, discomfort or threat on the presence of this shadow?

It is possible that what you took for a "black man with wings" was the shadow from something outside or inside your room. During the night and in the dark many things cast capricious shadows that with a little imagination can look like monsters.

I do not understand the pastor reaching the conclusion of you seeing "the angel of death" without asking any more questions or doing further research, but perhaps you forgot to provide this info in your story or forgot what exactly happened all those years ago.

Personally, I find it odd that the angel would let you "know" of the upcoming deaths specially if you were not too close to the pastor, but -who really knows?

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and welcome to YGS.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: