You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Older Brother

Real Ghost Stories

My Older Brother

 

I'm one of 5 siblings. When my older brother Stephen was 4 years old he died of a pneumonia and my mother was completely heartbroken. A year later in 1993 I was born and was even named after my brother, his name being Stephen Michael and my name being Stephanie Michelle.

I remember this one night when I must have been turning 6 or 7 as it was about three in the morning on my birthday. I was asleep on the couch with a severe cold and my mom slept on the other side of the couch with me. When I woke up in the middle of the night, I happened to look in front of me at my mom sleeping and there was a little boy with blonde hair and blue striped overalls looking down at her with the most sad look in his eyes.

I continued to stare at him for what seemed like minutes until he slowly turned his head my way and saw I was watching him. The boy looked startled and a little frightened that I was staring at him and slowly faded away until he was gone. I fell asleep quickly after, not feeling too alarmed as it seemed he was innocent enough.

When I woke the next morning I told my mom what I had seen and she told me maybe it was Stephen coming to see his mother and visit. I think she may be right.

When I grew older and saw more photos of Stephen from the few years he was alive, I was convinced that the boy I had seen at three in the morning was my long dead brother. He was identical to the little boy I had seen with the same blonde hair and it seemed around the same age as Stephen was when he had died. It's sad to think that if what I saw really was my brother that he was sad in the afterlife.

Other hauntings by xsmileystephx15

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Delaware

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xsmileystephx15, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

melissa_marie1122 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Your brother seems as he was unsure and scared that his mother was with another child I know it was a long while ago but I believe you guys should do something in him memory.

Maybe write a letter and set it aside and place him name on the envelope hopefully he can conclude his family loves him and will be informed of the new addition after his passing.

I'm sorry for your loss...
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Much love to your family. Losing a child is something no one should ever have to go through, but maybe your story could give her some comfort.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Hi xsmileystephx15, this is a nice experience you had. I feel that just because he had sad eyes when you saw him, it does not mean that he is sad in his afterlife. Perhaps he misses your mother badly and that is why he keeps visiting her. But have you discussed with others in the family and if so, please do let us know their views. You can also share if others have seen this kid brother of yours, who died at the age of 4 years ago.

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
Hi Steph, I think there is no doubt you saw your brother that morning. Have you ever seen him again? If not. It doesn't mean you won't again. I thought is was heartbreaking when you said he had a sad look on his face. He may have and still visit you and your family and you don't even know. Four years old is still a baby to me, your mum and family must have been devastated, I hope your mum found comfort in what you told her. Please let us know if you experienced anything else and I am sorry for the loss of your brother too. Bless him ❤
Argette (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
Very sad and sweet story, but touching. He missed his mother, I would suspect.

Your mother must have been beside herself with grief. I am glad she has you; your arrival must have been a great comfort to both your parents.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: