You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Cat

Real Ghost Stories

My Cat

 

Almost about 2 weeks ago, my housemate and I bought a black and white 2 year old male cat. Everything was fine until almost about a week ago when we noticed some strange things.

Our cat Jaspurr started to lose his appetite and wasn't as cuddly as he normally would be, his meow changed and he has been really attached to my room. During the day and at night he will sometimes sit on the window seal in my bedroom and stare out the window doing a weird meow thing that almost sounds like a toddler crying. He even stares off at absolutely nothing and meows or hisses or doesn't even do anything just stare for about 5-10 minutes. We cannot get him to focus on us and if we try and move him he just attacks us.

After staring at what we see as nothing, he gets really scared and goes crazy, like starts running up and down the hallway and then runs and hides somewhere. We try to make him calm down but he won't.

The house can't be haunted as it's basically a brand new home and only one other person has lived here. We're all very worried and have no idea what to do and why Jaspurr is suddenly acting this way.

I'm really needing help especially because I have a baby on the way and want to make sure there is nothing evil in my house. Also, if it helps my room is the only room in the house that is cold 24/7. Yes, the sun doesn't hit my room all the time, but even with a heater on it still doesn't help as much.

Sometimes I have also smelled some very funky smells and always blame my partner's shoes but he's started to leave his shoes outside and the smell is still there. Not all the time but sometimes.

WHAT DO I DO!? Please help me...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ami1355, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

spiritwhitewolf72 (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-24)
Hi, I am cat lover too, my late cat taffy same way she seen things that we can't and I do watch that show call cat from hell * that what call my cat cat from hell* sadly she passed away 2011 I love her. Anyway I agree with others posters please take your handsome cat to the vet its break my heart to see my own pet crying even they don't have a voice like human but need our to help them. Plus animals is like your fur child.
amylou2215 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-14)
He is a male cat. Cat's have a better sense of smell, he may just smell a local female in heat. They act all crazy when they're in "love" lol
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-13)
Well, cats sense a lot of things. You know cats are super territorial. So he may just not like his new place. We buy animals like buying toys and sometimes forget that they have feelings and thoughts to work with like we do. Maybe he's just pisst and in time you guys will make up to each other. I agree with the vet comments.
pearlangel (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-12)
Cats are animals and very weird. Just like most of us cats like things in their own way.
Jaspurr (loved the name!) is one of them. 😁 😁 😐
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
I agree with Ladyglow, your new adult cat is displaying signs of being transferred to a new home with people he doesn't know. Dont force him to do anything, let him have his own space, like dogs cats too also like their own space. Entice him with toys to try and get him to interact, reward him with treats, get some catnip, but please also get him checked out with the vets, he does need to be drinking and eating.
denisemartinez22 (1 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
Usually when houses are haunted its not the house its the land the house is built on and foul smells like rotting meat in your house means there is a demonic presence in your house... So I suggest you get a excorsism done in your home its better then getting your house blessed because
that doesn't always work...
Nickideums (8 posts)
-3
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Cats are stupid and do weird stuff all the time. I own a cat who stares at walls, runs all over the house for no reason and starts yowling out of the blue. He has always done this no matter where I lived.
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Another crazy cat lady here - most of the others have hit it spot on. Cats are cats - strange furry creatures who do the weirdest stuff for no other purpose than making their people guess. I have a Snowshoe and she can make sounds that will chill the blood of anyone, she runs through the house like her tail is on fire, but is terrified of the parakeets (and her shadow - jumped 3' in the air once). Jaspurr is "new" to you and your home. He's also an adult (or atleast older than kitten), he's just working out his new life. Do you know anything of his background?

The staring out the window, he can see much better than humans in near dark, he might see another cat, raccoon, etc or maybe he was an outdoor kitty and misses roaming free.

If you are seriously worried that he is acting off, take him to the vet for a check-up. Cats hide sickness, so that way you'd be sure.

And as too your upcoming wee-one, some cats are very preojective of babies. My little sister was a premmie - first day home, our cat Patches jumped right up in the crib and watched her all day. Several days later, we heard a horrible scream, thinking it was the baby. It was the cat, my sister had stopped breathing and the cat alerted us to it. Patches did this several times, including once while my sister was in her stroller. We quickly learned if we heard that sound, to check the baby. Sadly, when we moved 2 years later, we couldn't take her and gave her to a friend. She ran away 2 days after we left (out of state). We later wish we kept that cat - turns out my sister had seizures, which were causing her breathing to stop. Patches somehow knew it.

Good luck, hope Jaspurr and the new wee-one do fine.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
If I understand ghosts correctly, some should be able to move at will (if they are not attached to a certain place).

There could be, however, an electronic field that is messing with your cat (it can mess with humans as well, giving them strange feelings and paranoia). I would check the level in your house and much sure that your field is not too high. They sell meters that can measure it and an electrician could also test it.

I would take the cat to the vet. He could be in pain and acting out because of that. Please, get him checked out to make sure that he is okay. It would be awful if he is just sick.

Cats can do weird things and cats can also be mentally ill, as well. Make sure that his medical condition is good.

I would also make sure that there is nothing toxic anywhere in the house that could be effecting the poor guy (including toxic paint, ant traps, access to cleaning fluids, ect).

Also, get him snipped.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Ok, crazy cat lady weighing in.
I wouldn't be too worried about his cry sounding like a toddler. One of mine sounds like a young child crying "mama." It can be a little startling, but it's just her. One of our boys frequently stares at stuff we can't easily see. It's usually a small insect. No big deal. He also tends to spaz out running from one end of the house to the other, he's just playing. His brother, even more eccentric.
Some of his behavior sounds like he feels insecure, probably because he's still new to the home and not settled in yet. It could be that something, not paranormal, is upsetting him. Are there other cats in the neighborhood? If there are other cats he could be reacting to their scent. Cats are territorial, and don't like other cats in their space. If they can smell another cat too close, they can get upset. And other animals (dogs, raccoons, possums, etc) getting too close, omg. Really bothers a cat.
He only feels comfortable in your room? Look for non paranormal explanations why that is. Could a roommate be making him uncomfortable? Not necessarily by being mean to him, but by giving him too much attention, or wearing too much cologne, or making a lot of noise? Cats are sensitive.
As to the funky smell, well, check under the bed, check any hidden place. If Jaspurr, adorable name, is taking refuge in there he has to relieve himself somewhere. Even if there's a litter box in the room, if he's insecure enough to hide he may be too insecure to use the box. Make sure he isn't leaving you any presents lol.
Definitely take him to a vet. Make absolutely sure there are no underlying health issues, if he isn't fixed get him fixed. An intact male is a nightmare to live with. Check out My Cat From Hell on Animal Planet, a lot of cat behavior issues explained on the show.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Ami1355 - I agree with lady-glow on so many of her points. You only got him 2 weeks ago and he's already 2 years old. Y'all are still adapting to each other's personalities; he's adapting to you, you are adapting to him.

If he was an outside cat before, or even an inside/outside cat, he may just want to go outside and this is his way of telling you that. And then again, it could be just his personality.

As I was reading your story I was silently laughing (please don't take it personally 😊) because I have one just like this. My cat Rex is affectionately referred to as The Demon Cat From Hell. And we've had him from 6 weeks old. There are times he will be calmly laying in the floor and then just take off flying across the room from one end to the other like someone stuck him with a hot poker 😆 He absolutely intimidates my kids (22 and 12). He rules our house LOL He gets pissed off when he wants to go outside and it's raining. Takes it out on whoever opened the door for him (cat has a unique personality, to say the least LOL).

I don't think there is anything paranormal, ie evil in your home, at least not by the way Jaspurr is reacting. I think he is just a cat being a typical cat. But I do agree with having him checked out by a vet to make sure there isn't something health-wise going on.

Best wishes to you on your upcoming new arrival 😊 I'd like to put your mind at ease over that as well, but not being there to see how Jaspurr reacts to people, especially little ones, I can't say he won't interact with the baby. I have a 4 month old grandson who also lives in our home and Rex doesn't bother him at all. As a matter of fact, when Colt cries, Rex leaves the room. He doesn't like children, of any age LOL but Rex has never attempted to hurt him. Hopefully the same will be true with Jaspurr. But I'd keep an eye (both) on him for several months, just to make sure.

Please, if you do take the advice given about the vet, let us know what the results are. There are many cat/animal lovers on this site and I, for one, would be interested to know what the vet said.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
rookdygin: I had have the same problem when trying to vote up someone using my iPod, but if you vote again just after realizing your mistake it actually "cancels" the red arrow and gives a +1.😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+5
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
Ami1355: welcome to YGS.
I'm not sure your problem is paranormal; first of all, Jaspurr (love the name!) has been with you for a very short time and might still be in the process of adapting to his new family and surroundings.
Do you know his breed? Some cat breeds tend to be timid and don't take change that easily.
It would be a good idea to take your cat to the vet and check his health.
Just because we, cat owners, do not always see what they are staring at doesn't mean that there is nothing, keep in mind that their vision is much better than ours and they can see in the dark.
Is he already neutered? He could be meowing at the sight of a wondering cat outside your house or answering at the love call from a female in heat.😉
Another important thing is to give him his own time and space to get used to you, cats are very independent creatures and not always react to their masters attention the way we would like them to do it.

But if you think something paranormal could be the reason for his behavior you could try a cleansing of your house according to your religious beliefs or check one of the members profile that offers a very effective cleansing method, his name is rookdygin.

Good luck and keep us posted.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
That was supposed to be a thumbs up... Curse the iPod mini screen.

Respectfully,

Rook
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
Are you waiting for the cat to DIE? Get him to a vet, NOW. Keep him out of the house until you've have a sensitive double-check. If all seems safe, & he starts it again, SERIOUSLY consider rehoming him, for his own good. (Maybe there's something toxic there)

Even though a building has not been occupied before (I.e., brand new) does NOT mean the grounds aren't cursed, or the area where it was built already 'occupied'.

But PLEASE put your cats welfare first as he has no way to explain his erratic behavior. Maybe it's EMF, or funky paint. But make CERTAIN, not just for Kitty, but for your unborn.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: