You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Uncle Rocky part 5

Real Ghost Stories

Uncle Rocky part 5

 

I have a lot of experiences that I have attributed to my brother-in-law, Rocky. I had an extremely vivid dream about having a conversation with Rocky when everything started to happen and so I assumed he was fooling with us on a regular basis. Today I was thinking of submitting a story and I realized that maybe all of these experiences aren't caused by Rocky. Some things I truly feel are Rocky's doing, other things - I'm just not so sure. I thought I would call this one 'part 5' but from now on I'll just relate the things that happen around my home. There is still the same tone of playfulness to the things that happen.

On, or around, June 14 2007, I went up to bed to read before going to sleep. I got all settled in with my book and just started to read when I heard this weird static buzzing sound. It was just really quick, like half a second, enough to get my attention. I thought it came from outside because I couldn't identify what the sound was. I went back to reading.

A short time later I heard the same sound and again shortly after that. I realized it sounded like the noise my alarm clock makes when I switch it on and push the button quickly past the radio setting. I didn't see how that could be because I wasn't anywhere near the clock. It was summer holidays so I didn't have to get up early to get the kids off to school. I hadn't even been using my alarm so I figured I either imagined the sounds or they must have been from outside. I just let it go as one of those things and put it out of my mind.

On June 16, I was asleep and had been for a while when suddenly my alarm clock/radio started blaring music. It scared the heck out of me because I had been sleeping peacefully and it was such a rude awakening. The first thing I did was look at the clock, it just registered in my mind that it was after 2:30am. I jumped up and grabbed the clock to turn it off, at first not thinking, just wanting it to shut up. Then I realized that it was playing music, which was very odd because I have never had the clock set to music, always to buzzer. I tried every switch and button on the clock but nothing was even turned on. Not one of the buttons was on. I turned the radio channel dial, the volume dial and flicked switches off and on and yet it still kept blaring music. Finally I had to unplug it to make it stop, which it did.

After I settled down from being scared out of my sleep, I started to think about what had just happened and I saw how weird it really was.

First thing odd was that being summer holidays I didn't have my alarm turned on at all. Also odd was that my alarm was set at 6:35am if it were to go off and this happened, like I said, at sometime after 2:30am. Another odd thing was that I have never had my alarm set to music wake and never ever even used the radio setting to listen to music.

At that point in time I was the only person who ever went into the bedroom, my husband's back had flared up and he wasn't able to climb the stairs. He was sleeping on the day bed on the main floor, had been for at least a week before this happened and probably for 2 weeks after as well. He was in bad shape.

My kids never went into my room, they had no reason to and even if they did, they are too old to fool around with things like that. Not to mention that their bedroom is down in the basement. They would be far too lazy to head up 2 flights of stairs just to screw around with my clock. I had unplugged the clock in order to make it shut off and never plugged it back in. When I did need an alarm, once school started up again, I used a different clock. Honestly, I didn't trust that one anymore.

Maybe it was Uncle Rocky, I had thought he was responsible for all of the odd things that happened, and there has been a lot and I still have more to tell, but now that I think about it - I wonder...

Thanks so much for reading my story, I hope you enjoyed it. I have some more things to tell (when I get the time) and things seem to happen every now and then. That's why I keep a running journal and am so specific with some of the dates, I write them down when they happen.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time!

Other hauntings by Bellissima

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bellissima, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-09)
Hi Gibson, it's funny you mentioned the alarms and such going off. I've got some tales to tell about that but I'm saving it for another story! Thanks for the info and thanks for reading!
GibsonFlyingV (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-07)
Sometimes when spirits around they sometimes tend to set off alarms and telvisions. When they do it usually sounds like static, but I have never heard of a music situation. But I hope all is well now.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-05)
Hi Shenny and Zagrebacki_Lovac, thanks, you guys, for reading my stories and your kind comments. I'm really glad that you liked them. I've read your story Shenny and it was great. As for you, Zag, I'm still waiting for one from you! I'm looking forward to it! 😊
Zagrebacki_Lovac (18 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-05)
I realy enjoy your stories very much. Its nice to be in touch with someone that you knew and died.

BEST OF LUCK 😊
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-05)
Dear Bellisima,
I enjoy all your stories very much, honestly I've read each story more than twice lol.
Please keep us updated.

Take care and much love,
Shenny.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-05)
Hi Abby! Well, if the newly discovered 'others' do start paying their way or doing the housework, then they can stay just as long as they like! Something else that may or may not be relevant, sometimes, when I see the shadows going past the doorways, they are dark, pretty much like a regular shadow. Other times they are light, not glowing or sparkling, just a foggy lighter mist(?). I wonder if they're my 'others' going past? Hmmm, I hadn't thought about that at all.
Abby (710 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-04)
Dear Bellissima,

Thanks for your kind words, as well as your comment and feedback to me.

Now, you being a full fledged sensitive, ghost hunter, ghost investigator and yourghoststories.com senior ghoster poster, you know the drill. ;) You can now start your search and research to find out who these "others" might be and how to get rid of them, if you do so desire. Ha! Ha! At least get them to pay for their fair share or do the housework around there. At least they will have radio music while they work. :)

Yet, also remember as our mothers', moms' and mums' would say, don't play or choose favorites, treat people fairly and across the board. :)

Happy ghost hunting Bellissima!--Abby ❤
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-03)
Hi Abby!
That's what I started thinking too! Most things seem to have a fairly gentle or comic tone, Rocky was a pretty funny guy. But there have been a couple of incidents that have not been quite so funny or gentle, though they aren't frightening. I've had a couple of scares but nothing threatening.
I told of the really loud gun shot sound that I couldn't find any explanation for (in an earlier story) and the clock radio going crazy. Those incidents don't have quite the same tone as a lot of the other things that have happened.
I had always assumed (you know what they say about that-when you ass-u-me things, it makes an ass-out-of-u-and-me!) it was Rocky because he died just before we moved here, he knew which house we bought from our description of location and what the house looks like, he was really looking forward to our returning to the city and the fact that we were the closest family he had (sadly to say, even his own family). It made sense to me.
I got looking over the journal I've been keeping and doing some thinking, maybe we moved into somebody else's turf! I can't rule it out, which I felt kind of embarrassed about, since I included everything in my tales of Rocky, when it might not be the case.
This time my original title was "Uncle Rocky part 5-(or not!)" but Martin didn't include the 'or not' part.
Anyway, after I've rambled on and on, I have to say that I completely agree with you, right down to the fact that they don't contribute to the mortgage payments!
I really want to thank you for reading my story, your comments and your compliments! You are on my most respected list with a few others who's opinions I value, so I really appreciate your comment. 😁
Abby (710 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-03)
Dear Bellissima,

Another nicely written story to share with all of us. I am starting to wonder though as you may be wondering, if all these occurrences are caused by Rocky. Could there be "others" living in your home that are not paying their fair share of the mortgage? ;)

Bravo Bellissima! Blessings, Abby ❤
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-02)
Athena, thanks for the compliments! I had never connected the stereo/radio incidents. I've just never given it any thought until you mentioned it. I don't know though, the stereo incident was about 14 years ago so I never put them together in any way. It was also in a different house, I'm not sure if that could make any difference to things or not. After all, these experiences are sometimes referred to as 'unexplainable' 😊 I'm amazed that I was in any way involved in making you comfortable here! A lot of people here are really nice and accepting of the things we are here to share with each other. It's good to be able to feel comfortable relating our experiences with those who honestly understand and don't judge. I'm so pleased to have such wonderful feedback from three of my most respected critics, and all in one story. I thank you all. And Athena I'll try to stay as cool as you are! ❤
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-02)
Bellissima, That one gave me goose flesh! Keep those stories coming! I am so fascinated by this theme of radio issues in your home! I would love to know why you think that is. I still haven't gotten over your Visit to my stereo story, it was one of the first YGS stories I read and one of these reasons I've made myself comfortable here. Thanks for your Coolness.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-02)
Shane and Peteys_granny, I truly thank you for your kind words and I'm very flattered by these comments from you. Your opinions are well respected and valued by me. I'm glad to know you enjoy my stories. I still have a few to tell and I hope you'll enjoy them! Thank you so much for reading and for your comments! 😁
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-01)
I ditto Granny's comment. Thank you so much for sharing your stories with us. I look forward to your next story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Peteys_granny (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-09-30)
Bellisima, I always look forward to your stories. They are well-written, thoughtful, and thought-provoking. It is a privilege and a pleasure to read them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: