You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Standing In The Corner Of The Room

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Standing In The Corner Of The Room

 

When I was 12 and my small cousin was 4, we lived in St. Francis, Arkansas. I'm now 20 and just got into this site so now I was starting to just wonder about my experience when I was 12.

We used to sleep in the living room where we used to live because our house was so crowded. One day really early in the morning my cousin woke me up saying there was a man in the corner, but by the time I was awake enough and looked he wasn't there. She said he had walked away. So the next day she told her dad, my uncle, that there was a man in the room. Of course my uncle being the over protective man that he is got really mad thinking there was someone in the house watching his only daughter and his niece.

So the next night came around and I just laid there never getting to sleep hoping that I would hear the guy come in and I could yell for my uncle. I ended up dozing off anyway and my cousin woke me up again about an hour later. So I looked up at the corner of the room that she had said the man was in the previous night. Low and behold there he was, honestly I couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman, there was just a human like figure standing there facing our general direction.

So immediately I kind of freaked out grabbed my cousin and ran to my uncle's room. Obviously he woke up with the commotion and ran to the living room. I was right behind him while I had left my cousin in his room. Just as we had gotten into the living room the man walked into the kitchen and disappeared.

I currently still have not seen the figure again, neither has anyone in my family. I'm just curious as to if anyone has had a similar experience. Or know what it could have been? It didn't seem evil or anything, it was just weird and odd to us because we had no idea what it could have been.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kyuu-Doeke, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Vanessax1995 (19 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-23)
Did your uncle see him walk into the kitchen?

Much love and respect ❤
thedudebraski (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
according to numerous posts that was one of the "observers". And yes I had a similar experience years ago... Waking up from a drunken slumber to see a figure standing in front of my bed, now my room is in the basement with foiled of windows so its pitch black, the figure was even darker and fairly easy to make out... I didn't feel fear or an evil presence but I have always wondered why it was watching me sleep... I have not seen it since and am thankful it was not evil.
foxstrod (9 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
Hey kyuu, thanks for replying. As you said that those were the two nights when these incidents happened. I'm getting into a conclusion that it was just a spirit wandering off nearby when it just got a connection with you guys. And not to mention, you must be knowing that the spirits or ghosts as we say connect with the kids more easily. These kind of spirits just stand beside your bed near your foot and look upon you. Mostly happen when you give them a resemblance of one of their own. This kind of incident has happened to me near about 8 years before and that's wheniI've started my research on the paranormal. Anyways, thank you for posting your experience. Please do it if anything happens again. Cheers...
Kyuu-Doeke (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
No that was the only incident. Nothing before or after those two nights.
foxstrod (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
Hey kyuu, sometimes these are spirits having a connection with the house or wandering the places nearby. Most of these are harmless and are trying to establish a connection between you and them. But most of the time these are fragments of any incidents that took place in the house before you even moved in. But as you are describing that it went off from your living room and then disappeared I'm thinking of it as a spirit. Was that the only incident or it continued even after that?
Kyuu-Doeke (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
Lady-glow no the guy who originally owned the house and built it was the guy who rented it to us. He died just a couple years ago to.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
Kyuu-Doeke: welcome to YGS.
I guess it is too late now to do some research on the history of that house, perhaps a previous tenant or owner passed away in the place and was just curious about the two little girls sleeping in the living room.
Do you remember if a relative or close friend of your family died around that time? It could have been someone saying his last goodbyes to you.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Kyuu-Doeke (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
None of us live in that house anymore. So there's no rsslly telling what it was nor does anyone want to talk about it either.
ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
I have experienced something like this, except as an adult. I woke up one night and in the corner of my room was a woman. I played it off as the shadow from the curtain, but the next morning, my sister also said she saw a woman standing in the corner of her bedroom. That was about four years ago, and I never saw the woman again. My sister never mentioned seeing her again either.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: