You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Happenings In My House

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Happenings In My House

 

This isn't really a story, but several scary things that have happened over the years in my house. The house is about 40-45 years old and we do have Holy Water and blessed Crucifixes (we are Catholic) in some of the rooms if that helps at all.

I think the first thing that happened was the scariest. In 1999, my mom and sister both saw a black figure run from our bathroom to my room. My sister said she saw it a few more times and eventually it stopped. I know my mom would not make that up, as she isn't much of a believer in ghosts.

The second thing happened about 2 or 3 years ago. I was home alone (at night) watching TV when suddenly, the lights all went out. I was terrified because that had never happened before. I prayed very hard to God because I am religious and I was afraid something might try to hurt me. It stayed off for about 10-15 seconds and then they all came back on. I know some people might be skeptical but there were no storms, nobody was working on the power lines, I didn't have lots of things turned on at once (to create a breaker fail) and as far as I know I was the only one that this occurred to in my neighborhood.

Another weird thing happened about 1 or 2 years ago. I used to sleep with my cat locked in my room at night. One night, I remember doing the normal routine, I grabbed my cat, put him on the bed in my room, closed the door, and went to sleep. When I got up the next morning my door was still closed but I didn't see my cat. I walked out into the hallway and my mom asked me if I had locked him out. I told her no, that I had no idea how that happened. It turns out that when she got up, he was standing outside my door. We both thought that was really strange.

Those were probably the weirdest things that have happened. My sister (who is not living here anymore) says that when she spends the night here alone sometimes, she hears strange noises and gets a creepy feeling. And my cat has acted like he sees something that I can't see several times.

I don't know if my house is really "haunted" but strange things do happen from time to time. What do you guys think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, catluv, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

catluv (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-16)
sds, Yes, I have talked to her about it but she didn't offer up much.

My cat didn't go outside the house. He was just sitting in the hallway.
catluv (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-16)
elnoraemily, I know! He did hiss one time, but any other time since then his pupils just dilate and he stares at nothing.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-16)
Hi catluv, what is your age now? I just wanted to confirm. The way you narrated, I think you still live in the same house. Then do some research about the house. You say that your mother is not a believer and she also said that she saw a shadow run from bathroom to your room long time ago and that your sister saw it a few more times. But what about your mother? Have you spoken to her?

The power problem could be anything and I don't think that it has got anything to do with paranormal.

But locking out the cat is something quite strange. Did you open your window for something so that cat could have gone out through the window and ended up outside. Just try to remember.

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-16)
Could be a poltergeist activity... Please get your house blessed.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-15)
Such a strange thing to have happen!

Does your cat hiss and such when it sees these things?
Or just seem to acknowledge the presence?
catluv (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-15)
elnoraemily, not that I know of! I have thought about that but I am almost positive I didn't sleepwalk.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-15)
Definitely unique behavior. The lights have lots of explanations, but the cat being locked out is curious.

Have you ever sleep walked?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: