You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Devil In The Asylum

Real Ghost Stories

Devil In The Asylum

 

I reside in an apartment building that, from what I was told, used to be an insane asylum long ago. I've been living here for the past nine years, and I've had some very ''paranormal'' experiences here over that period of time. Here are just a few:

One night, there was a bad storm resulting in a complete power outage. So there I am in pitch darkness, in the entire vicinity, not just in the building. I lit two candles encased in glass containers with paintings of Christ on each. One candle was green and the other was red (I think the colors may be of some significance in witchcraft, but the pictures of Jesus on them is all that mattered to me). The candles illuminated my whole area. They were each placed in large, open windows. I put them out before I fell asleep. At approximately 2 a.m. I was awakened by a horrifying demonic presence at the foot of my bed, but it wasn't visible. The best way I can describe its sound is like that of a cow being slaugtered, combined with a full-grown roaring lion and grizzly bear. It was absolutely terrifying from the way it sounded. I dreaded to see its appearance! While it roared at me, my chest suddenly started hurting and my body was paralyzed completely, nor could I speak. This lasted about 20 seconds, then it was gone and everything was back to normal. Then I got up, blessed the place with palm leaves and olive oil in Jesus' mighty name, and disposed of the candles.

Everything was peaceful afterward, until recently. One night out of my bathroom (the door was open and its right next to my bedroom) came the devil himself, making a most awful noise. This time I saw a dark figure, but couldn't make it out because this seemed to be taking place in the spiritual realm. I couldn't move physically, but I could spiritually, so in spirit I quickly made the sign of the cross and the evil entity suddenly vanished.

One night in spirit, even though the shade was down and I was three stories up from ground level, I saw a pair of red eyes peering at me through my window while I was lying in bed. Then I saw a little black imp running upside the wall of the apartment building, attempting to come in through the window. Suddenly, a huge angel appeared with a very large pointed sword and shooed the imp away.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tayto, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-24)
I ask that because when you mentioned the Jesus candles and their colours I thought Christmas! But you thought witchcraft...that's why I wonder
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-24)
Hi there. I have a question and forgive me if it might sound offensive to you, that is not my intention. Have you or do you mess around with witchcraft?
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-24)
I just find this story confusing and a bit hard to follow through. I don't think it's sleep paralysis only for the sake that you keep seeing and feeling things. The lying down and not being able to move is sleep paralysis for sure. But I can't figure out the meaning.
I would suggest researching those candles and see if you accidentally summoned some sort of energy through them.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-16)
Hi tayto, I go with BJJ. I think it might be sleep paralysis and I don't think that it has got anything to do with paranormal. But I have some questions. How do you know that what came out of the bathroom is devil himself? Do we have any depiction about the devil? And what about the demonic experience you had at 2 a.m. I don't think what you described is in anyway near to what you said as demonic experience except that you were paralysed. That is why I say that you had sleep paralysis. I don't mean any offence by this comment.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2014-07-15)
I can not stop myself... I have to ask this... How did the 'entity' you saw/felt coming out of your bathroom switch from being the Devil Himself to just a dark figure to an evil entity?

I do not mean to be rude but that description just struck me as odd.

BadJJ has some really good advice it couldn't hurt to do some research.

Respectfully,

Rook
GhoztGhost (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-15)
i agree with BadJJ. Because there is a possible chance of sleep paralysis as you describe it.
mimerkki (guest)
+4
10 years ago (2014-07-15)
Sometimes religious people feel, that they are constantly battling the evil forces. As a Christian myself I can give you this advise: we should focus on all the good things around us. If you are Christian, you could focus on Christ's love and how it can manifest in the world through you.

Respectfully, mimerkki.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-15)
I don't know if you've ever heard of sleep paralysis, but you may want to read up on it. It could help settle your fears.
Http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-paralysis

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: