You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Running Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

The Running Shadow

 

Once, when I was very small, I saw something very strange. This is a short story but I believe it is worth telling to someone. When I was no older than six or seven years old and when I lived in a town called Wildflower Ranch in Goodyear, Arizona. I lived with my mother, father, and my older brother and sister. One early evening, around seven o'clock when it was barely light outside and the sun was setting and the sky was cloudy, I was watching a game show with my brother and sister in my my sister's room.

My siblings had gone into the living room to watch it with my dad (my mom was at work) and I had refused to go with them so they turned the T.V. off. I was laying on the floor in front of the window facing the T.V. on the opposite side of the room. The sky shown grey though my window casting a dim light. I sat there for a mere three minutes before I saw it. It was the shape of what seemed a man, and it ran across the television. It had looked at me, not with eyes, it didn't have eyes, but I could tell it glanced at me because I saw that its head was turned facing towards me.

We had a bathroom right next to the T.V. And it ran in there. But as it ran it was perfectly shaped but blurred and dark just like a shadow and when it ran it made a very faint sound as if wind were blowing through high snowed peaks. Realizing my fear I called for my sister. When she came I had told her what had happened. To my horror she told me she saw the same exact thing peeking out from the hallway. She said she had walked over there to get a better look when it disappeared. And that's when she heard me calling her. She, being my oldest sibling, was also frightened.

My dad came to take a look but wanted to think it was something from me and my sister's imagination. But I, knowing my dad, had many experiences with things like this in his lifetime and I know that for a fact for he had told me. But many years later (which means this year) my parents got divorced due to alcohol. My mother and I still live in Goodyear but only closer to Avondale. My father still lives in that house with my older brother. My older sister is now a US Marine along with my brother following her.

But ever since then I was never too fond of that house. I visit it from time to time for my dad but from time to time I still have my superstitions...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GibsonFlyingV, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-05)
Hey GibsonFlyingV, I wondered if your Dad or brother have mentioned anything to you about any other unusual occurrences happening since they are the only ones there. Have you seen anything on any of your visits? Hopefully all is peaceful at the house now.
GibsonFlyingV (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-05)
Thanks, it's nice to know that someone listens to me. Well I do hope that all of your lives are going well...thanks
Shenny (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-03)
Now that's creepy...
I hope all's well now.

Take care and much love,
Shenny.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-02)
Thank you for sharing your story. Have you had another encounters in that house or others? Do you know if your sister ha any other encounters?

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-02)
Thank you for sharing your experience with us gibson.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: