You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: I Think I'm Being Haunted By Something Evil

Real Ghost Stories

I Think I'm Being Haunted By Something Evil

 

I'm an 18 year old girl and live with my mum and older sister but can't help feeling like I'm haunted.

So according to my mum, I have always had some sort of spiritual connection with the paranormal. For example, when I was younger up until I was about 12 when we moved across the country, I used to see transparent people (mainly one but sometimes 3) that had a clear white outline around the body and facial features although their expressions were always blank showing no emotion whatsoever, and other than the outlines they were completely invisible. But that's another story!

I've always been so terrified about it and even though my mum thinks I should venture into it I can't help but think it would do me more harm then good.

I Think I'm Being Haunted By Something Evil

I've had plenty of experiences but lately I feel as if something bad is following me and I'm starting to get scared.

In every house I've ever lived there is always one room I try my best to stay out of because of really bad vibes and my most recent house has more than one room I feel uncomfortable in including my own. I wasn't raised a Christian but I believe in God and own rosary beads because they make me feel safe and up until I got them I was incredibly scared of my room.

Anyway so, I need help understanding if something's after me. A couple of weeks ago I couldn't even sit in my own house alone because of the EXTREMELY bad feelings coming through me, I physically could not stay in the house because I felt like at any moment something bad was going to happen, when I got outside I decided to take pictures of my house to see if something was inside and I think I caught something on camera but I can't figure out what or if it was anything at all. All I know is that it's odd looking and definitely wasn't a reflection of something in my kitchen.

This paranormal stuff has been happening to me my whole life and it's taken a lot of courage to write any of this but I'm starting to fear that something bad is going to happen at any moment. Please help me! I want to see a psychic or medium but I fear what they'll tell me! I'll include the picture in the hopes that somebody can tell me what it could be as I've never seen anything like this nor have I gotten pictures of anything before!

Sorry if this is too long, I'm just scared!

Thank you for taking the time to read!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, curious-and-scared, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Martin (602 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-01-02)
Note: some photos provided by the author have been published.
Akshayy (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-20)
Is there anyway you can contact me coz' I think I can help. I am not a professional but I strongly believe what you're saying but whatever you've mentioned here sounds something familiar even i've had these experiences but not often but whenever I had them I felt awful. My email id 'akshayyr22 [at] gmail.com'
bbydoll (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
please contact me some how, I have a few questions, and a few ideas, you sound a lot like what my mother went through.
curious-and-scared (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
Oh gosh, I definitely do not want a spirit/entity here, not a chance!
It may seem as if I do but I really do not, there's nothing I want less. I will be trying your cleansing method but I don't know if it has just been attracted because this isn't the first house this has happened in, it just gets worse with every new house, and I've lived in quite a few...

However I do trust and value your opinion! So thank you for your advice.

C and S
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
C and S,

Depending on how long the energy has built up in your home it is possible that a spirit was attracted in... So keeping in mind that Like attracts Like I still suggest my Cleansing and Shielding Method. The sooner you can 'change the air' in the Home the easier it will be to deal with any spirits that may have 'stopped by' they may even leave because the energy that attracted them in is no longer present.

There is something else... And I do not say this to be offensive... There is a chance a spirit has been attracted because subconsciously you really wanted a spirit/entity involved. I do not know for sure... But either way a good Cleansing and Shielding... And it does not have to be mine... Would be a GOOD thing to do.

Respectfully,

Rook
curious-and-scared (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
Rook,
I only think it is a spirit because of the feelings I get, but last night I saw something standing in my lounge room, at about 12, I've always gotten the feeling of being watched from where I saw it... I also kept feeling my leg being grabbed, heard footsteps right outside my door when nobody was awake (my bedroom door stays open) and some other things went on... I don't know but I definitely feel like it's getting stronger...

C and S
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
C and S,

Please do not get wrapped up in all this...'it's got to be a spirit of some type' hype.

A spirit may have been attracted to the energy with-in your home... But if you change that then it will go away. Stay safe... Stay positive and keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
curious-and-scared (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
I'll have to look into that then, it's getting harder and harder to sleep in this house lately...
Thank you for your help
😁
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Can it harm you? It depends, it could be either a good spirit, bad spirit, or a demonic spirit. Why don't you try to contact a medium she/he might give you answers of what type of entity it is. The spirit might need help to go to the light. Who knows.

-ERizzy
curious-and-scared (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
ERizzy,
No I've never been to a cemetery before, I don't seek out haunted places but the majority of the places I've considered haunted are my own. One in particular that sticks witty me. I have been in other places I found gave me the feeling that someone was there, like my friends houses... But nothing major
If it is what you said, how do I find out? And can it harm me?

C and S
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
Hmmm... Have you been anywhere like a cemetery or any other place that's considered haunted? I also don't want to jump to conclusions but I'm thinking that a spirit has attached itself to you. I'm not saying it is, but it could be a possibility. This is just my guess.

-ERizzy
curious-and-scared (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
Drownedfish28,
I have never touched a ouija board because I realize the dangers, my oldest sister however has. I have never invited any spirits either.
But I would very much like to talk to you!
Thankyou for offering

SDS,
Thank you for the suggestions, I will keep posted

Devolisinvinium,
To clarify, I don't just grab a rosary when I think it's a demon... The rosary was a gift from my mother. Thank you for your opinion.

ERizzy,
I do feel something bad, I won't say a demon because I don't know for sure, sometimes however me and my sister get these absolutely awful smells just when we're trying to sleep that keep us awake until it's gone. I don't want to jump to conclusions but it's a completely different feeling from the people I used to see, they always had such a neutral feeling like they weren't good or bad, they were just observing. This new feeling is awful, I don't feel safe... I'm not really sure what more information you'd like... But feel free to ask

Thank you all for commenting
C and S
Devolisinvinium (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
Well if you want my opinion I have been helping a lot of people on sights such as this but I gave up on it a few years ago because of someone not liking me very much because I spoke the truth and was right. Anyway a lot of the time when a spirit demon etc is haunting or just hanging about a lot of people act all religious even if they do not have religion in their family nor in their lives.
For example people who feel scared of something such as a demon hold tight to a cross or any other religious symbol and had never believed or followed it. That pisses off demons a lot more and spirits because they are just pretty much thinking what's her problem, I think you need to look into this a lot more and not just take a rosary and call it evil even good spirits make you feel sick especially if they are close to you. Or it could just be natural causes such as emf leaking from plugs sockets etc try to look for reasons a lot of the time when stuff like this happens it can all be debunked. ^^
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
Can you please tell us what that are or who they are? Do you feel something demonic or just a bad spirit? Have you seen them before? I do believe what you are experiencing but can you please give us more info. That will be great 😊 God bless you.

-ERizzy
tacoboy (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
C and S

No, he has never hurt me, and I don't know why he does that and I can't ask him why, cause it feels like he has frozen me so that I can't ask it, although, I can still move and talk to people, but not to him, strange
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
Hi curious-and-scared, first of all welcome to YGS. I read your narrative, reply to comments.

BJJ, Rook, you guys prove to be exceedingly good when it comes to comments, giving suggestions and advise. My appreciations and kudos to both of you.

C & S, start maintaining a journal as advised by BJJ. Have a separate book other than journal to write down various causes other than paranormal that could be the reasons for your sensitivity or experiences. Try out for checking the EMF levels in your house. Talk to your mother and sister. Use Rook's method to cleanse the house. Be bold and don't get scared. That is an important point. Rook's cleansing method, he has given it in detail and is available if you go to his profile page.

Lastly, you need not be scared or afraid just because you are sensitive to paranormal.

Kindly keep us updated.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Drownedfish28 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
I have a very similar story as a matter of fact. I would trust your gut feelings. Seriously, except my case was my mom was into witchcraft. Have you ever used a ouija board? Have you ever invited spirits in? All of these things are NOTHING to play with. But if you need to talk, feel free to message me back, and we can set something up if you would like. Like over messaging or something.
curious-and-scared (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
Tacoboy,
I'm glad you believe me, I think I'd be a lot more terrified if I could see it running up to attack me, That sounds terrifying.
I always just get these awful feelings like I'm about to get hurt if I don't move or turn around or like I'll see the black shadows around me, so I'll turn around to find nothing and the feelings go away as well.
Do you know why he does it to you? Has he ever hurt you?
If you don't mind me asking.

C and S
tacoboy (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
C and S

I believe you, I also see weird things sometimes, like a weird 'person' ghost that I see walking sometimes, he walks from the right of my sight to the left, but half way he stops and turns his head towards me, and then he's always trying to attack me but when he's really close to, he disappears. And when it happens, I always see the same 'person'
curious-and-scared (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
BJJ and Rook
Thankyou! This actually helps a lot. I am very sensitive to it and I always try to find a better explanation but lately it's getting harder and harder.
& to answer your question Rook,you're correct and I can do both as well but only sometimes, I mainly feel it more than anything.

I'm probably definitely overreacting about it being evil, it's just a feeling I get... Maybe if I learnt to control it more I wouldn't be so quick to think of it as bad.

Thanks again, I'll look into the cleansing and the other suggestions:) , you've helped a great deal! Maybe I'll be able to get some sleep now
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
I second and third what BJJ has stated.

From what you have shared it seems there is a Sensitivity to the Spirit World that runs in your Family... Some of them see them... Some of them feel them (like you have described is happening to you) and with others they can do both? Is that correct?

You can learn to control your sensitivity... It takes time, research and patience but it can be done. Debunk First, Control Your Fear and feel free to ask questions.

Respectfully,

Rook
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
That's a lot more information, thanks!
I think I should clarify my opinion, I'm afraid I came across wrong. I do believe that you're experiencing something, I just wasn't sure what.
With the additional information, I think it's possible there is a paranormal element to your situation. I'm saying possible, not definite.
It's all too easy for those of us who believe in the paranormal to attribute any and every thing to the paranormal. That can cause unnecessary fear, as all bumps in the night are attributed to ghosts, all drafts of air are attributed to ghosts, it's easy to allow that belief to influence our perceptions. When a person is as afraid as you are right now, hypersensitivity to one's environment is a very real possibility. You're on edge, you're probably noticing things that are perfectly normal, but in your state of heightened awareness those things seem threatening. It's happened to all of us at one point or another, regardless of our age or past experiences.
It happened to me a lot when I was younger, I was so afraid of the paranormal I thought everything was some malicious entity out to get me. What finally got me through it was learning to debunk. It was hard at first, but I found out that a lot of the sounds and drafts I'd been convinced were paranormal, weren't. After awhile, I got control of my fear and started looking at paranormal events as an interesting topic worthy of research rather than superstitious fear. And you can bet your butt I had a lot of superstitious fear back then.
My advice, take it, leave, or cuss me for it, 😆, is three part.
1. Start a journal of your experiences. Include what happened, the date, the time, the weather, your emotional state, anything you think may be relevant. It's a good tool for analyzing and looking at the situation in a calmer way. Good tip from a member here that's helped keep me sane.
2. Try to debunk everything. Everything. Look for any non-paranormal cause for events. That's a great way to start taking control of the situation, as well as your emotional response to what's going on. It will also give you a greater understanding of the noises and quirks of your home. No matter how well you think you know a house, you learn new things in the process of trying to figure what caused that noise, cast that shadow, etc. In time, trying to figure out what caused what becomes fun.
3. Go ahead and try a home cleansing if that would make you feel more secure. There are many ways to do it, if your specific spiritual path has a cleansing, do it. I swear by sage smoke, a lot of our members swear by the method on Rook's profile. It all comes down to what is comfortable for you. If your whole family is sensitive, having a good cleansing routine to fall back on is a good idea. Sometimes a cleansing needs repeated a couple of times, but they are effective. Try a few and find what feels comfortable for you.
Ok, now I've written a big enough wall o text. Time to leave you in peace. 😊
curious-and-scared (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
Tacoboy

No it has never made itself visible. I'm always just seeing like black shadows out the corner of my eyes... Or the picture that I got, which was weird, kind of looked like someone crossing their arms but their body was blue with a white face... Didn't really see any facial features...

I'm still trying to get the photo up...
But ugh I just feel like nobody believes me at all... I wish I didn't upload this story!
tacoboy (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
C and S

I read it and only two questions are coming to my mind:
1. Did the spirit/ghost ever made himself visible to you?
And 2. If so, how did he look like?
curious-and-scared (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
Oh and Sky... It's fine, you can choose to not agree, we all have our own opinions.
curious-and-scared (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
Rook,

It isn't just in my house, it happens in some other houses but not all.
Although in my house, it happens around my kitchen area mostly, near the front door. That's where I hear things walking up behind me, the feelings of dread... My bedroom is where I feel things grabbing my legs or crawling up me and touching my head and hair, bangs coming from my closet, things like that... I hear stuff moving around in the bathroom at night when nobody's awake, like cupboards opening and closing.
The only appliances are like average household things like a fridge and microwave or stereo. All of the electrical boxes for the house are outside and nowhere near where any of this stuff happens...

I get that it could be other possibilities I do... I just don't believe it is. I've been dealing with it my whole life. Since I was a child. My mother dealt with it before I was even born, my sisters have had experiences too, not like me though. They've seen first hand, as I have too but they don't feel anything... I feel it before it happens.

I probably still haven't given enough info and I apologize but I've never done anything like this... Hopefully you might be able to give me some advice with the little info I have given...

Thanks again...
SkyBeLowUs (8 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-26)
Please don't take this the wrong way, as I know to you this feels very real. But from hearing your story from the outside it sounds like you have an extremely active imagination, and mixed with youth and hormones, well you get the picture. Do you participate in any extracurricular activities? I think getting out of the house and getting involved in something would do you a world of good. Ofcourse it feels good to think of ourselves as "special" because we can see things other can not etc... But It sounds like you could use something to direct some of that energy toward, instead of allowing your mind to run away those negative thoughts. Again I'm not doubting you, as perception is our reality.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-26)
C and S,

There is a chance your Mother is correct... That your are a sensitive or maybe even a full blown Medium... I say chance because all the things BJJ has mentioned HAVE to be ruled out before the paranormal can be considered.

Individuals can have different levels of sensitivity to EMF... What 'bothers' some people others do not notice at all... So think about when these events happen... Is it just in the house... If so where? Then... What electrical wires... Breaker boxes... Appliances are near those locations. If outside, or even near your house... Are there high tension power lines running nearby?

The MUNDANE must be ruled out before anything else can be considered... Once ruled out then, and only then can you 'explore' the possibility of your being sensitive or a Medium for Spirits/Entities and if that is the case there are things that can be done... You can learn how to either embrace your 'gift' or how to suppress it... If the MUNDANE is ruled out then what you are experiencing is Spirits/Entities attempting to communicate with/through you because they sense they could IF you understood what was happening... Sense you do not respond you just feel scared, watched and overwhelmed because you do not understand what is happening. If you would like some piece of mind there is a cleansing/shielding method I have developed posted on my profile, feel free to use it.

Thanks for sharing, please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
curious-and-scared (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-26)
I realize that you need more information and I tried to include the photo but it obviously didn't work.
I don't want you to doubt me, I can feel when something's around me. I've seen a dark shadow appear on my roof above me and my sister when she was sleeping. These feelings I get are feelings of absolute dread. I can't begin to describe it but I just know, my sister has had experiences too and it's been a lot worse lately, more than ever. I've lived in other houses with so much going on that I had to move. I'm serious about what I think it is, I've heard somebody walk right behind me, like loud footsteps just to turn around and find nothing cause I was alone. I feel my hair and head being touched or my legs, I've felt the blankets tighten around me, or the feeling as if something is crawling over me. I see things out the corner of my eyes... My stereo has all of a sudden turned on and up to full volume. I hear bangs. I've heard a voice on my sleep talk recorder that didn't belong to anyone in my family. Cords being unplugged from under the bed. The list goes on...

Thank you for reading and trying to help. I don't know why I feel threatened I just do. I usually do try and ignore it but I can't because it's getting stronger, I can feel it.

I fear that you don't believe me but I value any advice you give. I'm grateful that you're taking the time to read.
Blackkey (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-26)
Why do you feel threatened? Just ignore it... Focus your energy on positive things, like sports, social services, maybe your can volunteer in an animal shelter or something maybe you should own a dog. Pets can help improve your state and walking them is a great energy outlet. Keep in mind that most of the time these feelings you're experiencing don't usually result from paranormal events. Ignore it and live your life... Trust me it'll work.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: