You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Maple Hill Cemetery, Dead Children's Playground

Real Ghost Stories

Maple Hill Cemetery, Dead Children's Playground

 

Hey, My name is Parker and I live in Huntsville, Alabama. I have lived in Huntsville all my life. I'm only 17, so I feel like some people will think since I'm young, I'm joking, but I'm not. So here's my story.

All my life I have heard all these haunted rumors of the cemetery that I lived next to, and most of them seemed to be about the playground. I have been to the playground at night around 10 times and I haven't seen or heard anything. I'd go there to experience things, because I'm very curious about the paranormal. I've been there by myself and with other people and most of the time we go at night. We would play on the swings and try to experience things, but never saw or heard anything. I do have a few things that have happened there though.

The first one is when my girlfriend and her best friend and I went there around 12:00 am and we got down to the swings and out of nowhere my girlfriend's best friend started crying and having a panic attack, so we left and went home. Before we went there she claimed she could see dead people, but we just thought she was kidding.

The next time I was there it was just me and my girlfriend. We were there at around 11:00 pm and we went to the playground and played on the swings for fun. We eventually got tired and left the playground and went into the cemetary. I decided we should take a photo of a shot of about 50 off 100 graves in the picture. It was pitch black, so we used the flash. The picture came up with nothing though and after that we left. The next day at school, I was in class and my girlfriend texted me the picture and the same picture from last night showed 100's of orbs on it. The photo is on my girlfriends phone and I currently don't have it. I will upload it though in the future.

They do have tours at Maple Hill Cemetery and you should check it out sometime! They talk about the hisory and about some of the people that are buried there. Its also cool to check out, because they have about 50 buried uknown soldiers there from the civil war. Really awesome place to explore.

Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sharkbaitX37, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pacino03 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-09-27)
I have heard about "orbs of light" similar to what you have described. They are supposedly spirits but they are harmless.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-15)
Haha, not a problem, there is a lot to look at when you first join. 😊 😊 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-15)
Sonya - when you are submitting your story, please pay careful attention to the Submission Guidelines and make sure you are following all the rules.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-15)
Griff - I saw the posts while I was getting ready for work, but didn't have time to help her. Thanks 😊
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-08-15)
Sonya, at the top of the page is a 'submit your story' option. Click on there and you can write and submit your experience there.

It will be sent to the mods who will read, edit if necessary and hopefully publish it on the site.

If they don't feel it is suitable, then it will be rejected. You will receive an e mail telling you if it has been published or not.

I will keep an eye out for your first post 😊
Sonya (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-15)
how to you make a story (your ghost experiences) ? Please help me I'm new here.
Sonya (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-15)
hey guys can you please help to make a story? I haven't made a story yet of my experiences though.
Jlobeats12 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
Hi SharkbaitX37 I think the opinions are a little harsh. I'm new too and I would count this as a valid experience, what I would suggest is doing more research into your cemetery rather than just basing it on rumours. Any experience is an experience, I agree there isn't much you can find in the photo but to help you, take some more and compare it with older existing photos just so you are sure. You are only 17, it's ok for your first experiences to be this small:-)
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
The probably with orb pictures it that any sort of dust, pollen or bugs will show up like orbs.

Even a light breeze can cause hundreds of "orbs" in a photo that are actually dust particles.

The light reflects off the small particles and they are translated onto the film as round, glowing objects (the problem with having to use a flash).

I co-own a photography studio with my fiance and we have to brush down camera lenses many times because even a small spec of dust can cause an orb effect.

This does not mean that your experiences are not valid- just that pictures such as this are not really proof of the paranormal.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
Hi sharkbaitX37, welcome to YGS. I would like to say that whatever you described could not be taken as paranormal experience. Your GF's best friend might be sensitive to seeing or hearing paranormal and that might be the reason why she started having panic attack as she was not expecting anything when she came along with you and secondly, perhaps that might have been the first time she might have realised that she was able to see something paranormal.

As far as the photo is concerned, I go with BJJ on this aspect. That doesn't mean to offend you or that Maple Hill Cemetery is not haunted.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-26)
Not to be a cynic or anything, but that picture probably shouldn't be considered evidence of anything paranormal. Two reasons why I think it shouldn't be considered evidence.
First, nothing of any interest showed up in the picture at first. It was only later, after some time had passed, that the orbs appeared. Time enough for someone to possibly alter the photo as a prank. Not necessarily your girlfriend, but anyone who had access to her phone and thought it could've been funny to prank the two of you.
Second reason it shouldn't be considered evidence, you were outside. Let's assume the orbs were there all along, you just didn't notice until later. You were outside using a flash, and the flash reflecting off bugs looks a lot like orbs. There are usually quite a lot of bugs flying around at night, so in all honesty I would write off the orbs (assuming they were there all along) as insects. Dust is always another possibility, and water droplets are another likely suspect. Here's a short video you may find interesting. 😊
Http://video.about.com/paranormal/How-to-Tell-a-Real-Ghost-Picture-From-a-Fake.htm
I don't doubt the cemetery may be haunted, and it sounds like a fascinating place. Just giving my opinion on the picture, and I hope I didn't offend you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: