You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is My Dream Home Haunted?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My Dream Home Haunted?

 

We bought our home last June, since being here very odd things are happening in our family.

First encounter was with a neighbor child. She warned us of ghosts being in our home but that's just coming from an 8 year old so we laughed it off. Next, I've been having health issues non-stop. Nothing life threatening, just not myself.

Then a couple months after moving in my stepson did something terrible which placed him outside the home. My dog won't go in basement and will bark and growl at the air behind me. We have all thought we've seen someone on our porch but when you look again there's nothing. And lastly I've started sleepwalking at 32 years old with no prior history of ever doing so.

I'm not sure if it's just a case of bad luck or something else? Also I wake from my sleepwalking close to same time between 3:00 am and 3:30 am.

We don't want to leave our home but are unsure what's happening. It's also caused a lot of tension in our year old marriage. Also my 5 year old son has been coming in our bed often saying he's seeing white swirls?

Our past home had some strange occurrences as well but nothing scary. Could something be attached to us or am I just losing my mind? Anyone who has any experience or insight on this your suggestions would be much appreciated.

Another question I have is my dogs seem to sense things but my cats seem completely ignorant of any of these incidents, is that normal? And would having my home blessed help or would/could it make things worse? I don't want to really make it angry if it is something evil.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Slemery, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Julesylou (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-29)
Hi... Rook's methods are awesome!
I'd like to add a little tho.
Whatever is in your home or is attached to one of your family members needs energy to do what it is doing. In my experience, I've seen that these things target families with an excess of psychic energy. This is YOUR spiritual energy, which is why you get sick or moody etc. Focusing your energy positively will help tremendously. Meditation or prayer is an awesome way to do this. Yoga, believe it or not does too!
Also, and most importantly: DO NOT ALLOW IT TO USE YOUR ENERGY. Say it, chant it, pray it. Get the family involved in this, teach them to know that their spirit is valuable and full of love and energy that they have to protect. Knowing the value of your spirit teaches you to be mindful of it, when you are mindful of it "others" can't just take it when you are not paying attention. It is yours (a gift from god) so, protect it--- it is yours forever.
I hope everything works out for you.
Good luck,
Jules
MissSkeptical (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
It sounds as though something may be attached to someone in your family or an object you have, if you had experiences in your other home too. This is just a personal opinion but I wouldn't worry too much for now, whatever it may be doesn't seem sinister, but if it becomes that way to isn't bearable for you any longer, get your house and yourselves blessed. I think that your cats would also pick it up if it was anything bad, another personal opinion is that dogs seem to make more of a fuss over the paranormal than cats do!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
I use a single white candle in a location as close to the center of the house that I can get and still be safe with it. If you want you can place a candle in each room.

It's more important that when you visualize the 'light' expanding away from this central point that you visualize your home in great detail... All the nooks and crannies...it's one of the reasons I suggest the 'sweeping' of the home... It gets the basic shape of your ENTIRE home fresh in your mind.

Yes this takes some time and it's also true you may have to do it more than once... I currently 'refresh' my home every 6 months. There are other members that have used this method, some have even posted about their experiences using it. I have found that it works very well...

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Slemery (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
Thank you Rook! Should I light a candle in each room or main living space only?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
Sim,

More than you may understand. Please check my profile, I have a Cleansing and Shielding Method posted there that very well could help you 'displace' a lot of that negative energy that has built up in your home.

I recommend keeping a Journal this could help you determine 'cause and effect' kind of a physical world events and emotions vs possible paranormal events. Though at this moment in time I am leaning towards a build up of negative/frustrated energy due to personal reasons within the household. If left to continue it COULD attract a spirit/entity that prefers that type of environment.

Please keep us updated, and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
Slemery (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
Rook
The wiring is all newer. And my step son is 10 and has behavioral problems. I think everything could be stress related and I'm harboring negative energy. Everything with my health happened after my step sons incident and 2 weeks later my father passed away whom I had a very difficult relationship with. I thought I was tough and could deal with everything by not dealing with anything so the more I think about it the more I believe it's my negative energy. Does this make since?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
Do you know what kind of wiring is in the home... Is it the old cloth wrapped lines or is it newer insulated wiring? The home inspection may have said everything us AOk, but I am pretty sure they did not check for High EMF...it's just not part of the inspection.

I just re-read your experience... It was an 8 year old who told you the home is haunted? Unless they had a friend who lived there before you bought the home and are mad because they are gone I see no reason to disbelieve them... At 8 a child is still young enough they could see spirits easier than older people... Has to do with age, belief systems and individual abilities.

What your step son did may have nothing to do with the home... May I ask how old he is... And was at the time of the 'incident'? I am not asking WHAT he did, that is way too personal... But his age may have been a factor... Along with previous behavior... His actions may not have been 'paranormally driven' at all.

Your sleep walking may even be a manifestation of stress rather than Paranormally induced... Did it start before or after the incident with your step son?

A journal may help determine just when/where and how often 'events' are occurring in the home and help provide a guide for places to check for either High EMF or Paranormal Activity. There are many Paranormal Investigation Groups around TAPS is not that far from you... That will conduct an investigation for free... Do not pay for one... But ask them if they will do a baseline EMF reading this can be compared with your Journal and you can see what matches up.

Now keep in mind IF you and yours are not sensitive EMF then perhaps there is a spirit (s) using any spikes of EMF in your home to 'manifest' in different ways. High EMF can be used by spirits to help them manifest... This is why DEBUNKING can be so important...

EMF is the doubled edged sword in the world of paranormal investigation... People who are sensitive to it may manifest symptoms that have nothing to do with the paranormal... Feelings of being watched, nausea, even rashes in some cases...hallucinations. It's hard to determine if its a personal sensitivity or spirits using the High EMF Levels to manifest because they mirror each other so well. This is why Journals and documentation can be so important is aiding an investigation and helping to debunk or solidify claims of the paranormal.

Please keep us posted as to any developments you may experience.

Respectfully,

Rook
Slemery (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
Unfortunately they have since moved. They were are only neighbors that are remotely close to us.
rynne (69 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
Hello Slemery, is it possible to ask the neighbors about it in a polite, nonintrusive way or discretely? Since their daughter did mention something, wondering if she may have heard about it from others in the neighborhood and someone may know more about the house?
Slemery (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
Hi Rook,
Yes these are the ones on wooden poles, makes me feel better. And yes lots of historic cemeteries we live closer to the Arcadia side of Wyoming mostly woods. Thsnks for all your info
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
The distance would be dependent on how much power the lines are carrying and the individuals sensitivity to EMF. The type of High Power lines I am thinking of ARE NOT the ones on wooden poles that bring power to homes, but the large metal towers... The more lines they hold up the higher the EMF can be. Then one must consider the transfer stations... These are intersections of these larger towers that assist in blackouts and such... If one area looses power some can be transfered from one of these... Avoiding the Interuption and keeping electricity in homes... If your home is close to one of these the EMF could be really high.

You said 'Wyoming' near the Exter town line... That is just off 95 along 138... If you exit 95 North and turn left its towards your place and if you go right its towards URI? There is a really cool historic cemetery (2 actually) down 138 towards URI (see my tale Images in the mist). I was stationed in Newport R.I. At two different times during my Time in the Navy.

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Slemery (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
Sorry was suppose to say 3 quarters of a mile from power lines.
Slemery (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
We do live a quarter mile from power lines could this be cause of for high emf?
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
There is already some really good input here. The white swirls are a mystery and so is the fact that the house has been rebuilt. Do you know why?

There are good explanations for everything else. The white swirls could be from passing cars, I suppose.
Slemery (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-26)
Hi Rook
We just had a home inspection done a year ago and everything came back fine. My home is Wyoming close to exter town line. The house was rebuilt from original foundation it 07 so I don't know exact age or history of home.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-26)
If everything from Mold and EMF have been ruled out please try the cleansing and shielding method I have posted on my profile... You may find it helps.

Question...where is R.I. Is your home (I do not mean exact address, just city or town is fine)? Another question is this... How old is your home? Third... If it's an older home do you know any of its history?

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
Slemery (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-26)
Mandy- I don't dream often not sure if I sleep deep enough as I'm ip a lot through the night.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-26)
Do you have any dreams that are out of the ordinary? Or recurring?
I feel like I can somewhat relate to what you're going through.
I would also recommend you try a cleansing, rather than a blessing. All though doing both certainly wouldn't hurt!
Slemery (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-26)
Thank you I will have that checked. And yes iv been to doctors a few times.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-26)
Have you seen a doctor about the health concerns and sleep walking? If you haven't, schedule an appointment and make sure there are no serious issues that need to be addressed. Don't assume physical issues have a paranormal cause, make darn sure you know what you're dealing with. Your health is important, so don't write it off as ghosts.
Could your stepson have just been, well there's no nice way to say it, but being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk? I don't know what he did, don't want to know as its none of my business, but people sometimes do rotten things. Sometimes people just behave badly because they want to. Think back on his behavior before moving into this house, and honestly consider if there were warning signs prior to the move.
The dog refusing to go into the basement may or may not have any significance. He could smell something there that bothers him, if there are appliances in there he may not like the noise (mine don't care for the sound of the dryer running), also high EMF could be bothering him. High EMF (electromagnetic fields) are common around fuse boxes, old wiring, poorly insulated wiring, etc. EMF can bother humans, causing feelings of paranoia, being watched, sometimes feeling sick. Since you've mentioned feeling sick, get the houses checked out for EMF. Have a home inspection done, check for wiring issues, mold, there are several things a thorough home inspection can rule out.
I would think a cleansing would be more helpful than a blessing, but go with whatever your belief system holds with if you feel it necessary.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: