You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Cruising With The Boys Pt. 2

Real Ghost Stories

Cruising With The Boys Pt. 2

 

In my last story, I detailed the experiences I'd had with my 1989 Fairlane, but I didn't include some of the more recent things I've had happen related to the car. So here's the second part:

One night a few weeks ago I was out lapping (essentially the same as what the rest of the world calls cruising), when I saw a police car pull behind me and turn its lights on.

I pulled over, and although I was certain that I hadn't done anything wrong, police here tend to pick on younger drivers a little. When the officer got to my window, he asked me to tell my friends to "Stop mucking around, and get out from where they're hiding. They're only going to make you more trouble." When I told him I'd been driving alone, he didn't believe me at first.

He made me open the boot, and when he realised that I was the only one in the car, he went back to his car and started talking to his partner. He then came back with a breathalyser, laughed and said, "Maybe I need this more than you". Then he asked if I knew any of the history of the car and I explained to him that some of the parts had come off a fatal wreck. He told me that he could have sworn I had people in the back seat, and that when he flicked the lights, one of them had turned around to look. He then sent me on my way.

The strangest thing about this was the fact I hadn't seen any of it. The only thing that had happened that night was that the radio in the Fairlane had changed stations by itself once or twice, but I hadn't seen anything in the back seat.

Tuesday night was the weirdest experience yet though. I was driving back from a friend's place at about 1am after working on another of my cars. Despite being fine when I left his house, as soon as I got into the car I was suddenly chilled to the bone.

After driving for about 20 minutes it got colder and colder inside the car, to the point where I could see my breath. I also felt extremely drained of energy (despite being wide awake just before I got into the car), and decided the safest thing to do was pull over and sleep on the side of the road.

I unpacked the sleeping bag and pillow that I keep in the car when I go out to our house in the country, and laid myself out on the back seat. I dozed off pretty quickly, but something suddenly hit the car. It felt as though the car had been shunted by a truck, and I jumped out of the car expecting to see the rear quarter panels caved in, but it was fine.

The road was empty, and dead quiet. That's when I saw what I can only describe as a shadow-figure slide out of the open door and fly off towards the bush. I was taken aback, slammed the door shut, and decided to wait until daylight to get into the car again. However, the cold got the better of me, and I decided to try and get some rest.

When I got into the car, the atmosphere had completely changed. The inside of the car was boiling hot (I'd had the heater on the entire time since I'd left my friend's place), and instead of feeling drained, I suddenly felt as if I'd just downed two cups of hot coffee.

I drove home without issue, except one funny little glitch: The CD player refused to play anything but the Youth Group song Forever Young (cliché, I know. But hey, at least these boys have taste!). I don't think the shadow figure was one of the guys that hangs around the car though. It was just a cold, cold "entity".

Thanks for reading, guys!

Other hauntings by JohnnyG55

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JohnnyG55, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ryoku75 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
Good story there, your theory on ghosts being electromagnetic is sound, just make sure your cars battery doesn't get too drained from other entitys.

I've found that older cars just have a knack for occasional odd feelings, like other old objects, they probably attract spirits that're more familiar with them.
FollowTheWhiteRabbit (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-27)
Great stories Johnny, after reading this one I went back and read your other story - both really great reads!

Do keep us posted if you have any further strange occurrences! 😊
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
I loved the first story of this car and I love this own was well.

As tragic as the history is, I truly love reading about this!
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
I don't know about anyone else, but the officer asking, "what's the go with the car, mate," certainly makes more sense to me. You say that he was a few years older than you, and I can't help but wonder if perhaps he recognized the face of the boy who looked back at him when the light was hit. Of course, depending on context, his question could just as easily meant, "Is this yours or borrowed?"
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
Thanks for clarifying that, JohnnyG55. There was once a theory out there that strong emotions can be absorbed and later reflected by physical matter, which would explain how car and plane parts and other tangible items could prompt a paranormal event.
JohnnyG55 (4 stories) (8 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
To those that have commented about the reaction of the police officer, I'll try to clarify it a bit. I think he was trying to see if I knew there was something funny about the car. He actually asked "what's the go with the car, mate?". I doubt he'd ever experienced something like this before. Bad wording on my part I think. He was only a young police officer (I believe he attended the same school as me, a few grades above). I drive past the wreckers regularly, and I think the wreck has finally been scrapped. It was pretty banged up, and I don't think there are enough Fairlanes around to warrant keeping parts for, especially one with few usable parts.
Maria_Secretstar9 (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
Surely I liked your story but I also agree with lady-glow. But I feel sad for those boys too.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
You know that is odd about the cop. But it sounds like your boys have your back as they dissapeared when the cop put his light on. Interesting, I mean that's what you'd do for a friend, right? And it almost seems like they are allowing other entities only if they behave, otherwise they got to go. Interesting. I think you have some good people with you.
Argette (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-26)
Very strange reaction on the part of the police officer. I can only imagine he would ask that question if he had experience with "ghost passengers" before. Which leads me to the question Lady-Glow asks. Are their any other parts on other vehicles out there?
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-26)
I agree with lady-glow, the officer asking if you knew the history of the car was certainly odd. Would be interesting if you could find out why he asked such a thing.
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-26)
Wow, that second part was freaky! But lol what a funny reaction on the part of the police officer.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-26)
"... Then he asked if I knew any of the history of the car..." -It is odd for a police officer to ask a driver such a question.

Do you know if anyone else has bought parts from the old wreck? -I'm curious to know if 'The Boys' are attached to all and every piece of that fatal car. 😐
mimerkki (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-26)
The boys seem ok, but if the car starts attracting other entities, it might be more trouble than it is worth. Nice story by the way. Love your way to write.
Alaviya (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-26)
I like your experience... Sad what happened to the boys when I heard your story I researched them, such young lively looking fellas, their energies remain though

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: