You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Old House

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Old House

 

The house my dad and bree live in has been there since late 1920's and it is a beautiful house. In the middle of the woods with big nice pond. One weekend, I went to my dads. He told me a story that had happened the day before. He was up stairs on the computer at home alone. Feebee, our dog, started to bark at the door. My dad looked out the window. No one was coming up the road. Dad went downstairs and she was still barking at the door. He looked out no one was there to bark at. He went back up stairs to continue playing his game. When he heard heavy foot steps going up the stairs, he turned and no one is there. He jumped out of his chair, looked around, but no one in sight.

I was freaked out by the story. That next weekend I had a friend over. I told tarah that the house was haunted. She did not believe me. We watched the texas chain saw massacre that night. So we were all ready scared. I said "let's go to bed". Then, we heard the faucet out side turning on and the water running. We looked out the window, but no one was there. It did it again and again. Then the pool balls upstairs were rolling as if some one was playing pool. We went up there but no one was up there. She said "whitney, I believe you now!". That next morning the pictures and paintings in frames were turned side ways. We ended up moving from that house.

Feel free to leave comments.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

jonalyn (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-30)
that was really creepy...i hope I won't experience that...but unfortunately I have experienced something like that!...😨
diana (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-24)
well, I do believe you, men this thigs are scary, something like that happened to me and I freaked out. But I didn't moved from the house, I just changed to another hotel jajajaja.
whitney dampier (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-04)
Hey every one my name is whitney, I wrote these stories. But believe in the lord and hell help you from all of this .
Chloe And Rebecca (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-26)
I believe the ghost story was real because we have expeirienced it areselfs. One thing how did the little girl know there was a ghost.
kayla (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-28)
thats a good story but is it true ??????????? if so have you ever seen I real ghost I have alot of times its a little boy and I have seen him more than once I get scared when I'm alone but when someone eles is at my house I dont get scared because if I just glance at him he will be gone but when I'm alone I can sit there and stare at him and he wont move its freaky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mase (7 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-27)
well whitney your story is odd when living in the middle of the woods you automatically think something bad will happen because of movies that put bad stuff in your mind about them maybe the dog had seen something out the window like a animal and went to th edoor expecting the animal to try to get in I dont know anything about the house but it doesnt seem you done any investigating where was your dad when the tap was turning on and off and the pool balls were moving the stairs could just be the wood or whatever because it is a 1920s house you expect strange noises like this
courtney (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-27)
well mate I am use to thing like that in my house because it haunted but that just the way thing are. ghost or whateva they are just sometime dont want to go to the light they want to play game with as that all bye
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-23)
I believe you, and this experience is scary but very common with a lot of people. I think that you should find out somehow who the spirit is, maybe you could do a bit of research on the house and see if anybody or anything died in there, you know, find out it's history. If you do somehow manage to find out if anyone died in there and maybe the history(which will probably be difficult)than you could try to communicate with the spirit, or atleast try to see if it will allow you to. If you find out an issue with the spirit, you could then find a solution and send the spirit to where it should be: Heaven. for now that's all I have to say, bye and thanks for listening. :-)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: