You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunting In A Village

Real Ghost Stories

Haunting In A Village

 

Hi everybody I'm new to this site. I\'m new in writing my own story but have been following all the experiences people share for a long time. I'm a big fan of this site.

I will be narrating you the story which my uncle (dad's friend) narrated to me. This story dates back to 2004. I still clearly remember the day he narrated the story to me, and it gives me Goosebumps every time I think about it.

It was Sunday and I invited a couple of my friends to my house and as we were all getting bored my uncle started sharing his experience with us.

My uncle was an English teacher teaching eleventh and twelfth year students. He used to teach in a boys college. I have to describe this collage location for you to understand the story better. This college is located in the outskirts of Hyderabad City, it\'s exclusively a boy\'s college and it\'s basically a college plus hostel campus. There are not many places around the collage, just empty space all around. Just 5 miles away there's a small village. As the collage is located far off the city my uncle along with some of his colleagues used to stay in the hostel. He used to stay along with a physics teacher Mr. Hari and Sanskrit teacher Mr.Raju.

The hostel was not a pretty good one more so the water supply and cleanliness. After 6 months my uncle and his two other friends decided to shift to the nearby village and take a house there. They thought it would be nice to live in a house rather than in a hostel room. So they took a two bed house in the village. It was small but a nice and clean house. The house owner was an old widowed woman who used to live next to this house. My uncle and Hari uncle shared a bedroom and Raju uncle took the other bed room. Everything was fine for a few weeks until one night Raju uncle woke up in the night and called my uncle and Hari uncle. He said that there was something in his room. My uncle went and checked but could find nothing. As he Raju uncle was scared my uncle slept in Raju uncle's room that night.

The next few days there were no other experiences. My uncle and Hari uncle had some work in the city so they left in the evening. Raju uncle was alone and he slept in his room that night. In the middle of the night someone lifted up his cot to one side that he tumbled of the bed on to the floor. He got scared and ran to the owner\'s house and he requested to let him sleep there that night. That kind old woman agreed. Next day he explained what had happened to his friends who arrived the next day morning. They really couldn't understand what was going on. Raju uncle said he wanted to move back to hostel as he couldn\'t stay longer in that house. But as the hostel was not a nice place to stay my uncle suggested he stay with his friend, Murthy who lived in the very same village.

Murthy uncle's house is a very big house. It\'s a two storey building. They stayed on the 1st floor and there's a big free space in front of the house full of mango trees and neem trees and several other plants. Days passed by without any events. My uncle and Hari uncle stayed in that same old place, but they never experienced any paranormal activity, it felt strange that only Raju uncle had those experiences.

One day the three friends decided to go to a movie. They went to city so it got late when they came back to village. It was almost midnight. My uncle and Hari uncle decided to drop Raju uncle first in Murthy uncle's house. So they dropped him in front of the gate. You have to actually walk through the free space in front of the house for about ten minutes to reach the house. So his friends asked him if he could make his way or if he wanted them to accompany him to the house. Raju uncle after a break was back to himself and he said he'd fine. So my uncle and Hari uncle left.

Murthy uncle' house has a big balcony in front of the house. He arranged a cot on that balcony for him and Raju uncle. Summers can be pretty bad in India and there are power cuts. So the house would be very hot inside. He arranged a bed on the balcony. Murthy uncle was already sleeping after arranging the bed for Raju uncle by his side. Raju uncle started walking g through the trees and free place. It was darker than usual as there were power cut and it was a moonless night. He started walking slowly with his small torch in his hands. After a couple of minutes he started feeling that somebody was behind him and following him. He was so scared his heart started to jump he fastened his pace towards the house without looking back. He reached the stairs and started climbing them when all of a sudden he heard somebody calling him Raju...Raju...

His heart sank and he ran as fast as he could. He saw the bedding ready on the balcony and jumped on to his bed and covered himself with a blanket. He was sweating and breathing heavily. After ten minutes or so there was silence and nothing else. He slowly took off the blanket to see what was happening and he saw a white figure in the shape of a woman standing near his bed looking at him and smiling weirdly. He couldn't bare it anymore and he started shouting loudly. Murthy uncle and his family woke up to check what was happening. He was so scared and crying as well as breathing heavily. They consoled him until he calmed down. That white figure magically disappeared and no one else saw it. Somehow that night passed. Raju uncle didn't stay even one more day in that village. He resigned his job and left that village.

My uncle and others were so shocked about the things happened, thy couldn't understand why that thing was after only Raju uncle, so they made some inquiries in village. To their shock they heard this story from villagers.

About ten years back there used to be an old woman in their village. She never had any children but she was fond of them. She used to live all alone as her husband died. She adopted an orphan and was happy with that kid. But unfortunately that kid died in accident in a nearby village. That old woman was so sad that even she died with that pain after a few months. That kid which she adopted, his name is Raju. So from then on that old woman was after all the people who had the name Raju in that village. So that's the story. Now Raju uncle is in Hyderabad and has never experienced anything after he left that village.

Please comment your views about this story...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, samskriti, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Hello samskriti, welcome to YGS. It is better that Raju uncle did not experience anything further. Initially I thought it was Mohini and in villages, it is quite a common feature.

But you said something about a lady, who was fond of persons, who had the name of Raju. Did you actually enquire about that or your uncle told you about this particular aspect of a lady adopting a child? Well, it happened just 10 years ago. Well, did you ask your uncle, if he enquired/investigated about it further? If so, please do post it.

A single piece of advise. I am also from India. Because our first language is not English, we may find it difficult to make others understand what we try to say. So, it is better that we form small sentences instead of bigger ones and it will be easier for us to convey the message. It does not matter if the narrative is longer. I started learning to communicate that way. Just an advise and I don't mean any offence.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Hi samskriti... Welcome to YGS nice story I really find this story somehow heart touching...

Regards,
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
rhejhen - we could differ on this because in my opinion you made it personal by telling them their grammar was awful. I would take that personally. But we won't continue with this anymore since I think you understand what we're trying to get across 😊
rhejhen (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
I don't mean to criticize. I'm sorry, just my opinion but it's not really personal.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
rhejhen - we do not criticize people for their grammar, especially when English is not their native language 😐
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
I would imagine that English is not the OP's first language.

Judging by the young adult label, they may be recently learning.

This comment from rhejhen is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
Welcome!

Very interesting that he never experienced anything after leaving the village. Rules out a lot of explanations.

Hopefully, he won't have to experience something like that again.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: