You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis? Maybe

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis? Maybe

 

I'm a newbie to this site. I'm really happy to share my experience and I want answers as well.

I live in Cavite; it is a province here in the Philippines.

I don't remember when it was all started. Almost every night, whenever I'm trying to sleep or I can say half asleep, I can feel that suddenly I'm really tired or it's related to I'm totally drained just like I ran on a marathon then promptly I cannot move but I don't feel anything heavy on my chest. Sometimes if I try to sleep again right away it happens all over again, so just to be sure (I'm easy to get frightened lol). I will just stand up or have a stick of cigar before I go to bed again. Usually it happens when I sleep in my room, so just to avoid this happening I now sleep in our living room but I never really thought much about it.

Until recently, same thing happens to me (in the living room) I cannot move but the difference is that it's like I'm seeing myself lying on the bed, the position of my body, pillows, lights (I sleep with the lights on) and everything. Then suddenly I can feel someone is watching me from the bathroom, when I got there I can I see two red eyes staring at me then I finally lunge awake. I battled with myself to really go to the bathroom because I'm scared to death. I know it sounds like a dream but that was the first time I had that kind of dream. When I told my mom about it, she said that when I was younger, I'm telling her about two red eyes on my room that I keep on seeing every night and that was also the reason why I get used on sleeping with the lights on.

I don't know much about paranormal or anything about it. I just want to know what it was. If it's just a dream or something.

Other hauntings by rhejhen

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rhejhen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rhejhen (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-04)
HarrieHogwash - Thank you. I will try doing the salt thing. I do pray before retiring. 😁

Elnoraemily- Yes, it still happens to me, don't know if this is because of anxiety or stress. But this "sleep paralysis" is really a big problem sometimes I'm afraid to fall asleep.
😭

Vie_veny - I really don't know what up with this red eyes, but it scared the life out of me.
😢
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-08-03)
Jee, this HarrieHogwash really doesn't have helpful answers for anybody! 😕 😕
vie_veny (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
That happen to me many time before but I nvr see red eyes or whatever. I just can't wake up and can't breathe. It felt like someone was sitting in my chest. Super creepy at first but nw not anymore. You just need to pray b4 sleep.
hazeleyes (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
Harrie, please understand that not everyone has the same beliefs as you. I agree with you that it helps if you pray but please try to keep an open mind.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
Rhej, If this continues, I would advise you to see a sleep specialist. They may be able to help.

Sleep paralysis is not enjoyable and I am very sorry that you are experiencing it. Your body sticks you between consciousness and dreaming and takes away your control.

It sounds like you are experiencing anxiety before bed- extreme sleepiness then having to jolt up and hurriedly do something. I have that, as well, and it is not fun. I would suggest playing soothing music and maybe trying meditation, if you are into that. A nice bath calm help calm your body as well.
The body will not some natural calming down/jolting before bed. But if it is disruptive, there may be something you can do to manage it naturally.

I'm not discounting any paranormal beliefs that you have that tie into this, but I would make sure that anxiety and sleep disturbances are managed naturally if they can be.

Let us know how you are doing, pretty please, and best wishes.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
H, Comment guidelines.

Please read them.

Telling someone that your God is there only chance is not very helpful.

Neither is inspiring paranoia.
HarrieHogwash (3 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
This is perhaps an evil entity that is trying to take over your body and use you for evil things in the world, resist this vile creature, and read the bible before sleeping. I would also put a ring of salt around your bed and pray to god all mighty before retiring, he's your last chance.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: