You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Was I Saved By A Ghost Or Guardian Angel?

Real Ghost Stories

Was I Saved By A Ghost Or Guardian Angel?

 

I normally don't get up to early, but there was a huge thunderstorm going on around 3a. M in the morning. It sounded like there was a war going on outside. The thunder pounded against my walls and the lighting lit up my room enough for me to see everything without any trouble. So since I was awake, I decided to ride my bike to the gymnasium for an early work out. After I was done there, I rode home which was the worst ride I've ever had. The lightning was striking everywhere and flashing across the sky like missiles being shot from the heavens. There was thunder roaring as loud as jets flying low. And the winds blew so hard I almost fell off my bicycle multiple times. I was super scared.

As I reached my apartment complex, I noticed that EVERY single gate was closed and locked. At this moment I was panicking. I rode around the entire complex about three times. And a lightning bolt struck the road far behind me. And I knew this storm was serious so I needed to get indoors fast. I couldn't jump the fence because firstly, it's high elevation, secondly they're metal and thirdly I was super sore from the gym. And after three times of riding around, a broken lamp next to a gate lit up like a star, and as I rode to it the gate slightly opened like nothing. I went inside and I looked everywhere and didn't see a single person. I don't know what I was thinking, but I said "Thank You So Much." And the lamp suddenly turned off and the gate slammed behind me. Was this an act of a ghost helping me or a coincidence?

I need opinions.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kelso_19, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

snowraven37 (1 stories) (10 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
something definitely helped you to safety. This story actually makes me very happy. ❤ 😊
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
Wow, there are a lot of nice folks out there. So... Intense thunderstorm, lightning strikes everywhere, wind blowing all over possible tonadoes. What a great time to go outside and bicycle to the jym. Please think more so you have a future. 😊
hazeleyes (1 stories) (34 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Why would you even make the stupid decision to go to the gym at three in the morning during a severe thunderstorm in the first place. I agree with elnoraemily. Next time use your common sense.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Im glad you were looked after, regardless of who was responsible, you were blessed. If it was security, thank heavens they were paying attention to the cameras. I won't lecture you about the storm. But I want too lol... Hit my family up in the mountains in Colorado and they still have issues 15 years later. And, it was from a strike hundreds of yards away... The charge traveled through the ground and up into their tent, so say the witnesses who were also blasted.
Thanks for sharing!
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
I am questioning why you decided to ride your bike to the gym when there was already a severe storm happening.

Next time, I would advise you to work out at home until the storm passes. Please don't get struck by lightning.

A landlord/manager of the unit/a neighbor with a comm could have seen you out there and opened the gate for you, possibly. If you have a security office, they would have been able to spot you on cameras (it's very annoying if you rely on a guard who falls asleep 😢).

Either way, someone/thing did something quite sweet by letting you in.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Was the gym open at 3:00 am?
I do not know if it was a guardian angel or a ghost, but definitely someone was looking after you because riding a bike under a thunderstorm was a very...er... Stupid decision.
Would it be possible that one of your neighbors recognized you and open the gate using the intercom?

Take care and thanks for sharing.
mimerkki (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Sounds that a lot of helpful coincidences happened when you were in a dire situation. I would not be surprised if it was indeed some spirit helping you out, or in:) Does it really matter if it was a human spirit or an angel? Great that you are ok. By the way, thunderstorms can be really dangerous, so think twice about going out next time.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: