You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Was My Imaginary Friend A Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Was My Imaginary Friend A Ghost?

 

I live in Kent, and nothing much ever happens. No one is particularly in touch with their paranormal side; they all think it is "hocus pocus". However I, on the other hand, have always been in touch with spirits.

There are a few baby photos where I'm looking to the left and not quite towards the camera my dad was pointing at my face. I strongly believe that children and animals are more susceptible to ghostly spirits and apparitions than adults because as we get older we are corrupted by the illusion which we call reality.

I had an imaginary friend as a child, but I can remember her face, her body, how she used to talk, everything to this day. I called her Lady (imaginative I know) but what if that was on purpose? What if I was seeing a lady? Maybe I didn't want to offend her by calling her a ridiculous made up name? I would sit talking to her sometimes and my mum would always look at me strangely, she believes too, and whenever I was in mid-conversation my mum would distract me. At the time I didn't think anything of it, but I believe my mum was scared. For any parent it must be frightening to see your child talking to something that isn't there.

Over time, she disappeared, but as I grew older my interests were falling deeper into the paranormal area and I would get these feelings when I knew something wasn't quite right. Nothing exciting has ever happened in my house, but over the years we have had mysterious disappearings and I always get twinging feeling when I stand alone in my bathroom. Some nights I feel I have to have all of the lights on, other nights I'm brave enough to risk the nauseated feeling.

My mum doesn't live with me anymore, she and my sister moved out, and now it's just me and my dad. When Dad isn't here I get a very strong vibe but I don't know whether it is good or bad. Is it my old imaginary friend coming back? I have tried my hardest to search the history of the town I live in and my house was built in late Victorian times before either war, plus I live right next to a dockyard.

There have been a few disasters in the town I live in but the closest I could get was finding out that my town was built on an old Anglo Saxon village.

Shall I continue with my search and find out who my childhood friend was? Or shall I just dismiss the feelings as nothing? I'd really appreciate help, thank you:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jlobeats12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jlobeats12 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-03)
Firstly, I live in a county in the United Kingdom called Kent, and although it has Haunted villages in it such as Pluckley (supposedly the most haunted village in the country) I live in Medway and in this day and age a lot of people are very skeptical. Thank you for sharing your experience, I haven't yet decided if I want to ignore it or if I would like to continue connecting with the supernatural, I completely understand what you mean:-)
sunearth (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
when you say you live in kent, where is that city located in washington the united states, because there is a city in washington named kent.
Anywho I think you should continue your searches, its always great to advance your knowledge, I also would advise you to ignore the weird vibes or the feelings of another presence in the house, I use to live in a very haunted house wheb I was young and believe me I know what its like to have that feeling, I had it mostly all the time when I lived there, now since me and my family moved out of that place I almost to never feel that feeling anymore. But when I did I always ignore it because I believe fearing could be a bad thing. Plus if you don't pay attebtion to it it will go away. That is if you don't want to be botherex by this presence, I normally don't like to be bothered by them cause they can bring depressing or angry vibes.
Jlobeats12 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
Notjustme thank you for your opinion and I hadn't considered the past lives theory but it's something that is definitely an option. I'll ask members of my family if they have any photos from a long time ago of older family members to see if they look like her at all. I'm not sure if I'm scared because it's a new feeling, so instead of being scared I might get confident and tackle it which will help me decide if it's a good or bad vibe. Thanks for the advice:-)

Badjuujuu thank you for the websites I'll further my research to find out more:-)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
http://www.hauntedkent.net/
And http://www.hauntedrooms.co.uk/dover-castle-ghosts-kent this one too http://www.paranormaldatabase.com/kent/kenpages/kent.htm
Type Kent into our in-site search engine and you get quite a lot of hits also. I don't think everyone in Kent regards the paranormal as "hocus pocus," and it looks like a lot more than "nothing much" happens in Kent.
Just an idea, but maybe you would like to research your local history a bit. Maybe visit some of your local historical sites. It sounds like a very interesting place to live.
As to Lady, not much I can say to that. Sometimes an imaginary friend is just an imaginary friend. They aren't always ghosts.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-01)
But if you haven't seen her in a while, maybe what you are feeling now is not her. Do you ever feel scared when you get the vibe?
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-01)
Hi Jlobeats12 - I believe your story and agree whole heartly with "I strongly believe that children and animals are more susceptible to ghostly spirits and apparitions than adults because as we get older we are corrupted by the illusion which we call reality."- on another note, I have come to my own theory based on readings and experience and just belief, that when people die without finishing their lessons, they are tied to earth for some reason. I believe people that are in our lives now has had something to do with us in our past lives as well. So this is a guess; I believe Lady was somehow tied to you through karmatic reasons, and maybe she never got to meet you while she was alive she is attached to you to guide you and help you in your life. Or she could possibly be a family member that has passed and is around still to be with you. Just throwing things out there, all my opinion =)
Thanks for sharing.
Jlobeats12 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-01)
Thank you for your comment, I'm not sure how much I want these senses to develop but if get enough confidence I will try those websites. That's a very good question ^.^ And to be honest if she did come back as a shadow or faded spirit I wouldn't know what to do with her, I'd hope that she would be protective, but until I know for certain I'll continue understanding my abilities. Thank you for your comment:-)
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
If you saw her, then she was there. Maybe she was your guardian, maybe just a spirit who attached to you because she/he/it felt there was a need. That you feel things, sense things, is most likely tied with the ability you had as a child. I operate by sensing also, I feel things... Usually emotions, on living, and the departed. Not so often anymore though. I think I'm sensing the energy field, as for some reason I can feel incoming calls on phones, and it is an all over body buzz (vibration if you will.) Oddly, it dosnt happen all the time.
I have also heard things, such as phantom footsteps, glimpsed one spirit, all I believe residual. So you may be picking up on vibrations or energy fields. Who knows if it is your Lady, if you want her to return, what would you do with her if she did? If its an interest in paranormal only, you may be disappointed as I think she was there for a purpose and that purpose is most likely served.
There are many sites you can visit that can help you develop your senses, I personally don't want anymore development lol. Thanks for sharing your experience!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: