You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Terrifying Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

A Terrifying Visitor

 

I'm new to YGS so please don't judge if my story structure is a little weird.

There was some weird stuff going on in my house today. My friend Maisie took a selfie on my phone and we could see it clearly had weird blurs all over it. We had come upstairs to investigate after hearing several loud banging noises, footsteps and a faint male voice. We were home alone together and I thought we had been broken into, so being silly 12/13 year olds, I grabbed a knife and she grabbed a weird baton thing we found in the kitchen.

Of course there was no one there when we checked, but we still felt uneasy. Maisie shut the bathroom door after checking inside, and I stood with my back facing it and she was facing me. She suddenly went, "I saw a shadow behind you." She said it couldn't possibly have been my shadow as it was a good foot or so taller than I am.

After this happened, we went back downstairs and Maisie felt really ill all of a sudden and went home (I think she threw up on the way home). She had not eaten anything dodgy and had been fine up until that point.

Unfortunately YGS does not give the option for pictures to be added into a story, but in the photo there are clear blue blurs around the edges, and they are clearly not from sunlight and it was not taken in a mirror.

I'm freaked out, please help. Nothing like this has ever happened before in my house as far as I'm aware of and I don't know anything about the history of my house apart from the fact that it is around eighty years old.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thedivergentbosombuddies, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Julesylou (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-31)
This is so very interesting. Rook I think has it right. It's that excess psychic energy spiking. It would be really cool if you kept a journal of activity and of what and how you were feeling at the time. I think that it could then be analyzed to help others in your situation! Ok I'm a bit ahead of myself but, it would be REALLY cool to compile that journal data of poltergeist activity with a feelings and emotional state log. Since there are two of you, it would be awesome info!
Thanks for your story! I hope you take Rook's journal advice (& add your emotional state before/during/after) and publish it for us to see!
Lani12 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
Sounds very creepy, I am sorry you had to get scared like that. Best of wishes to you
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
HarrieHogwash: you need to fix that 'crystal ball' of yours, it's making you look like a fool. 😐

Divergentbosom: I hope you can post the picture soon.
thedivergentbosombuddies (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
[at] lady-glow I do see the point you're making about my story not having much detail. I do live in a terraced house, so it may have been my neighbours, but it does not explain the blue blurs on the photo. I will find a way to post the photo for you all to see. Maisie is also a fairly relaxed person and has never been sick out of excitement or nervousness before.
Thank you for your time.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
We do accept pictures. If you want to put a picture along with a story, it has to be emailed to the site as an attachment. A lot of folks just upload the picture to a photo sharing site such as photobucket, and share the link to the pic in either the story or comments. Either way works.
I think lady-glow has some very valid points that should be considered before you guys freak yourselves out anymore. Sometimes the most odd things turn out to have the most incredibly dull explanations, so it's always a good idea to try to debunk an experience.
thedivergentbosombuddies (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
[at] rookdygin thank you for your assistance. This is the second time something weird has happened when we have been together, and the third time it has happened to me personally. I am not aware of anything untoward happening in her house. I will post other stories on what happened in those incidents. The journal keeping is quite a good idea, we may consider it. Thanks for your review 😊
mimerkki (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
I don't know anything about computers, but I have heard many people say, that a writer can download the picture in a photobucked (what ever it is), and then post a link to it here in comments.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
There is not enough info in your story to decide if what you experienced was paranormal.

"...We had come upstairs to investigate after hearing several loud banging noises, footsteps and a faint male voice..." -How far away is your house from the nearest neighbors? It is possible that the noises you heard came from some other house or from the street.
As for 'the shadow' being taller than you, it means nothing since the shape and size of a shadow depends on the position of an object to a source of light.
I wouldn't be surprised if Maisie made herself sick out of excitement and nervousness.

I'm not much of a cyber expert, but I know it is possible to post pictures in YGS, and am sure some of the other members will tell you the steps to follow.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Can you say Poltergeist? I knew you could...

2 girls... 12 to 13 years in age.

Voices...footsteps and a possible male voice.

My opinion is that this MAY be the beginning of a Poltergeist event for one... Or both of you. Your Friend and yourself are at an age when your bodies start changing... This produces energy and this energy can either 'burst' out of the individual causing events like these OR it can attract a spirit that enjoys the type of energy being produced and it uses it to manifest.

The shadow...MAY...have been a spirit or a trick of he light... I am not sure as I was not there to see it. The 'wavy lines' in the picture could be anything from Camera Shake to 'energy waves' being generated by your bodies.

Both of you should start a Journal... One just for recording 'odd' events... Then you can track them... Do they only happen when you are together... Or more in your home... Or hers?

This is just my opinion though... Thanks for sharing. Please keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: