You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Close Encounter With A Child Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Close Encounter With A Child Ghost

 

July 29, 2014 my son woke from a nightmare and asked to sleep in my room, the time was 12:03am. Once tucked in, we began to watch a TV show on Netflix to help both of us get to sleep.

Sometime between 2am and 3am, as we are still watching Netflix through my laptop, a loud beep and flash came from my laptop. The sound was similar to, and if not the same as, the sound it makes when I unplug the charger cable but the flash I can't explain.

As I began to get out of bed to check it out my son suddenly has a high pitch sound ring through both ears and what he described as a popping feeling at the back of his head. It happened so quickly that it was not a health issue so we dismissed it.

As I turned to get back into bed, my cat suddenly started running from room to room. This behaviour has been going on the last few days. I ignore it and lay down and no sooner do I hear a child-like laugh come from the hallway and as I turn to the sound I see a small dark shadow leave the room.

This is not the first time I've heard what sounded like my son late at night to discover he is sound asleep. But this is definitely the first encounter and certainty that a child spirit is in the house. Neither myself nor my son were afraid and I hope this will not be our last encounter.

Past experiences leading up to my certainty that it is a child spirit are loud running in small steps on the second level late at night, hours after my son has gone to bed. What sounds like laughter, and probably actually was laughter in hindsight. Toys in my son's room dropping to the floor while he is asleep and the toy was on a dresser across the room and with the ledge around it; it absolutely could not have just fell off.

And many nights I have felt someone's presence in my room that immediately gives thoughts that it's my son awake but when I get up to check again he's sleeping. My son has also mentioned seeing a child in his room but at the time I chalked it up to his imagination, now I'm not so sure.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jewelz33, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-01)
Like everyone has said, this seems like an inteligent haunting. And a safe one too. Gee don't you feel sorry for the little guys that stay behind, the kids maybe are too afraid to move on, like Mimerkki said, and need help going to the lightt. It's possible to do and some people are gifted that way. Interesting story.
Jlobeats12 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-01)
This doesn't sound dangerous but what you should first establish is whether it is a negative or positive energy. Secondly I would suggest doing some research into your house or your family history to find out if any young children have passed away. It might help you feel less frightened around the spirit.:-)
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
I agree that some of it does not sound like residual, especially with the electrical manipulation of the computer and the "pop" sound your son described. My son's uncle, who can see energy of dead people often describes the sound and feeling of a loud "pop" when someone departs this world (dies). Makes sense that it could happen when one enters it.
The hallway running and shadow could be residual, same with the laughter. Could it be possible that your mom and friend saw some one the same age and height as you, and just assumed it was you? Possibly the child your son saw in his room. If not, wowser! Thank you so much for sharing!
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
I also have to agree with the idea that it does not sound residual, simply due to the fact it's "playing" with toys. I always feel horrible for child spirits, it's so sad they are stuck here alone. Personally, I would not try contacting it, unless you are prepared (and okay with) the possibility of activity picking up. I like the idea of a journal too... I think mimerkki is right on with all those thoughts/suggestions.
If it is bothering you knowing you're coexisting with a "ghost", try a smudging/cleansing (those are always good to do anyway, in my opinion).
mimerkki (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
It does not sound like a residual haunting to me, mainly because the spirit seems to interact with the writer a bit. It does not sound scary either. I have always wondered, why children stay behind, and not go forward. The obvious reason would be, that they were somehow scared or hurt before their death and too confused to move on. Or that they still felt like they had something to do. When thinking about it, the reasons might be pretty much same for everybody, even for animals:) It's just my opinion, but if I were you, I might keep up a journal about what happens, how the cat reacts etc. That way you might be able to pick up more things about your visitor, in order to determine what to do, if anything. It would also help to keep an eye on the situation, to detect early, if something goes awry.
Maria_Secretstar9 (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
Try to contact with the spirit... There maybe any bad history of your house! Good luck! Contact a occulist...& did the spirit ever tried to harm you & your child?
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
Jewelz23 - when I read stories like yours, it just absolutely makes my mind race in a very terrifying way, only because I would be really scared in those situations lol but thank you for sharing. I have never been through that before but it sounds like a residential haunting (based in reading here and it doesn't sound like you feel threatened, sorry if i'm wrong 😳. I hope someone on here can help you and the child-spirit. My best wishes.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: