You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Last Farewell

Real Ghost Stories

The Last Farewell

 

Kuya Ram (older brother) died in the last week of June and a few weeks after his passing, Aunt Thelma (whom I mentioned in my previous story "The Unexpected Guest") had passed away. We honestly have no idea as to what caused Kuya Ram's death but we're quite sure that he was having multiple complications.

This just happened last Saturday, August 2, 2014. Aunt Alice was having a high blood pressure and my cousin, Ming was the one taking care of her. As for us, we were all out to watch one of Marvel's blockbuster movies "Guardians of the Galaxy" at the SM mall of Asia. At about 10:30 pm, Ming was sound asleep while Aunt Alice was still wide awake. There was a sudden loud knock on their door. Their gate didn't make any noise which got my aunt puzzled, thus she didn't bother checking the front door. Right after the knocking stopped, my cousin who was still asleep began to sob. Aunt Alice woke her up and asked what was wrong, "Kuya Ram's here, Ma. I saw him." My cousin said, still sobbing. Aunt Alice calmed her down and asked Ming what happened:

"Kuya Ram was in my dream, 'Ming! Don't be afraid. I'm sorry if I frightened you, I'm just here to say goodbye to all of you especially to your mom. I'm just so glad that THEY gave me the permission to say this last farewell. I'm sorry again Ming, you can go to sleep now\' He said, then I saw him hug you tight, the back ground was pitch black and in split seconds he was gone" Ming narrated her dream as she continued to sob.

We just remembered that last Saturday was his 40th day. My cousin and aunt had offered their own prayers. Maybe it was also his own way of saying his thanks to Aunt Alice who took care of him ever since he was little.

Kuya Ram we know you're in good hands now. We all wish for your peace and happiness. We all miss you so much and your memories will forever be in our hearts. May you rest in peace.

Other hauntings by lovebugs16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lovebugs16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mimerkki (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
Thank you for telling us this story. I found the story comforting, even the part where the spirit mentioned, that he had permission to say goodbye. It fit well in my idea of afterlife. I have always thought, that we are not, after death, supposed to visit the living in abundance. Perhaps more experienced of us are looking after those who have just passed, so that they don't visit too often. The mysterious they might simply mean us.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
Dear Miracles,
Thanks for putting it down correctly.

Regards
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
lovebugs - although I am not the mod who edited/published your story, I don't want you to think we are ignoring you and your concern.

I can't, and won't, answer for the mod who did your story. I can only answer for myself. Sometimes when I am editing, especially when it is a story from a country I am unfamiliar with, I don't always understand the way the sentences are written and want to change it to make sense to me. I try not to, though, because although it may make sense to me, it doesn't mean it's right, nor does it mean it makes sense to the people native to that country. And as Sceptic-Ari has pointed out, I think in my language 😆 and have to remind myself that the story is from out of the United States.

And then we deal with punctuation, or lack of 😆, which leaves us with our own interpretation of what the sentence is supposed to say.

None of this truly applies to your story since I didn't do the editing, but I did want to explain to you some of the things we encounter when editing stories.
pjs1977 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
Lovebugs no matter how you write it we the idea its still a sad sad story, almost had me in tears.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
Dear lovebugs16,
We do understand what you intended to write.

Yet I shall request you to consider the fact that we are people who speak and write english as a secondary language, and all of us who belong to different countries speak and write it differently.
Then there are people who are primarily english speaking. They have been doing it since they started talking.
Now, you'll agree that their english and our english will surely differ, sometime vastly, sometimes just a little.
They make sense of our english in their own way, though we might have written it with a meaning vastly opposite in our understanding.

If such a mix of people from various countries across the globe come together to share experiences then misunderstandings are bound to happen.

We must thus keep an open mind and a tolerant attitude towards healthy scrutiny, more so because it is us who have decided to go public with our experience.

Regards
Arwen1957 (7 stories) (47 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
Lovely story Made me cry so touching I m so glad your loved ones are at peace
lovebugs16 (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-04)
this is how I wrote it:

"Kuya" (older brother) Ram died at the last week of June, Just few weeks after Aunt thelma (whom I mentioned in my previous story "The Unexpected Guest") had passed away.

I really think it's understandable. Sorry if you think I'm being rude here. I just don't want the readers to question me about the story's detail and might be judged as "fake". I hope you understand thnak you:)
Tumbling78 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-04)
if you want the editors to understand your story the way you want them to understand it, then you might want to ask someone assist you in writing it in english, not trying to be rude here... Just saying.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-04)
Sometimes, editing can get confusing. I don't envy that job.

I think this story is very sweet, though a bit unsettling how he specified "they" let him say goodbye.

Maybe I am the only person who finds that a bit unsettling.

Nonetheless, Ming had a sweet dream and experience.
lovebugs16 (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-04)
Okay, The readers would probably question me how is it possible that kuya Ram died first at the last week of june just BEFORE aunt thelma had passed away at the 2nd week of MAY which was mentioned in my "previous" story. This is not the exact line I wrote when I passed this. They edited it so wrong. I really hope they analyze and understand the sentences first before editing them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: