You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Crying Lady

Real Ghost Stories

The Crying Lady

 

I'm new to sharing my stories here; however, I have read many of your experiences. I have had many encounters with the paranormal but what happened recently has me a bit uneasy.

I have a daughter that is in grade school and is off for the summer. My husband's grandmother, who I will call Lupe, offered to watch her while we both are at work so we pick her up and she stays the night.

I have seen a few shadows around the house but nothing that had scared me. About 3 weeks ago, Lupe asked my husband if we had gotten in a fight late at night because she saw me walk to the kitchen, sobbing, sat at the table and continued to sob. My husband told her we were asleep upstairs. When I got home, she asked me why I had been crying since she didn't want to ask me then. She told me it was about 3:00 in the morning. Being that my husband gets up at 3:30 am to go to work it wasn't weird to her. I told her that I didn't get up until 3:40 am to prepare his lunch.

Well, this had left me with an uneasy feeling being that I have been seen shadows around the house. A couple days after that I was trying to fall asleep but couldn't, I felt as if someone was staring at me. As soon as I closed my eyes I saw a older lady's face. She almost had this witch kind of look. She has light skin, big eyes, messy hair. She had a look on her face that I didn't like, an evil grin. I mentioned this to my sister only to find out that my husband saw her as well, described her to me.

I have seen other ghosts or spirits, not sure what they are. Some scare me, some don't, but she does. I can't sleep, I feel her presence all the time and when I'm falling asleep I feel like she messes with me and scares me more. I tell her to leave me alone but I feel her there. I don't know who she is or if she's the same girl Lupe saw. I'm scared to be alone at night after my husband leaves for work and it's taking a toll on me. What do you guys think of this?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wendya2003, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-09-23)
Austria - I'm a big fan of the show Supernatural and have started watching the seasons all over (for the I don't know how many times 😉). Anyway, having just watched the first two seasons, I was amazed when I read your description of La Llorona. It is exactly like the episode in Supernatural 😆
Wendya2003 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
Thank you guys very much. I have been able to sleep. I just kept telling her to leave me alone that she wasn't welcome there that she needed to leave and it seemed to have worked. I'm still going to go ahead with the cleanse because I'm still scared. Than you all for your help
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-10)
Hello Wendya2003! First of all thanks for shearing your experience. It must be a very horrible felling to stay with a witch. I am very sorry for the condition you are going through. I think you should clean and blessed your house with holy mantras. It is my suggestion that you should keep a dog because I had lots of paranormal experience since my childhood and I must tell you that it will give you the strength to stood tall against the evil entity since dogs are very sensitive to these kind of things and it will also keep you safe from her.
May god bless you ❤
AUSTRIA (4 stories) (36 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-09)
Dear Wendya2003,

Thanks for sharing your story. I have heard of La Llorona as well but I've heard of the version of the weeping woman who found out that her husband was unfaithful to her and so became a victim of temporary insanity and murdered her children and after realizing what she'd done took her own life. And now her spirit wanders roads and highways looking for another unfaithful man and if she finds one she kills him. But clearly that version does not apply to you. So I think that you should definitely do the cleanse and also if possible, dig some info about your house. Because sometimes there are some places which have witnessed some tragedy. It is possible that the woman you keep seeing was a previous resident who lived a tragic life. If you dig up something new please let me know.

Regards,
AUSTRIA
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-09)
Hi Wendya2003, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your experience.

First of all, I would like to tell you how you can view someone's profile. Suppose if I have commented about your story. You know that it will appear just below your narrative. Then just move the cursor to my name and click on it, you will be in my profile.

Anyway, elnoraemily has given the cleansing method of Rook's to you. Please do follow it. It will help and it has for many members of this site and even to me personally. I keep suggesting it to whoever needs the help.

Now coming to your experience. I don't think what Lupe saw was the lady you have been seeing when you close your eyes. Because you said that what you have been seeing was the face of an older woman. But do you look like her, I mean does your face look that old. So, my thinking is that it might not have been the same lady you have been seeing in your dreams. But about the sighting of a woman resembling you sobbing in the night, it is difficult for me to comment further since it was only one incident and that nobody else saw her again. If it had happened or happens, please do post, then we will be able to give you some suggestions/comments.

As far as the lady appearing to you when you close your eyes, until now she has not done anything harmful to you. Only that you are getting scared whenever you see her face. I would like to suggest that you better be bold. If what you feel is right and if that spirit or entity is negative, then it will feed from your fears. It will drain you of all the energy if you fear. So be bold. Again what was your gut feeling when you saw her first. Your first initial feeling or gut feeling what you got when you saw it first always matters. It is almost 99% correct. So if you have felt that it was evil, then it is better to do the cleansing. Be rest assured and be bold. Follow the cleansing method regularly.

Keep us posted of any further developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
That was interesting. Love this sit for all the information about different traditions.
Wendya2003 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
Yes I have heard. Being hispanic I have heard different versions of it. I don't know if this would be her but who knows.
luisma (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
She cries because she drowned her children while she was crazy mad at her husband (the children's father) she soon realized what she had done and since has not stopped crying. She lost her children and husband all on the same day. Legend says she goes to the house of families while looking for her own.
luisma (4 stories) (8 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
The Legend of La Llorona (THE SOBBING LADY). Her name was Maria.

Perhaps you have heard her cries at night. Perhaps you have even seen the Weeping Woman.

The story of La Llorona is a sad story. But generations of grandparents and parents tell their children the story so that their lives might be saved...

It is so that they will come in at night, stay out of the dark, and never hear the moans of La Llorona.

Is there a scientific basis for this story? No one really knows for sure. But, educate yourself. You might be glad you did.

One thing's for sure: the legend persists. Some will tell you that it's true, without a doubt. Others will deny it. Read on and judge for yourself.

This is a Hispanic legend; I am retelling it in my own words.
Wendya2003 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
Thank you so much. I'm going to do this because I hate feeling scared and not being able to sleep.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
I have it saved, I believe this should be the right one:

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us informed.

--- That is Rook's cleanse, please direct all credit to him, since all I did was save it in case I ever needed it.

I'm pretty sure if you go to the search bar in the upper right corner and search Rook, you can find some stories based on people who have used it.
Wendya2003 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
How do I look for someones profile? I want to read about his home cleasing.
frangelica1 (40 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
I agree with notjustme, I would definitely look up Rookdygin's home cleansing method and follow it exactly as he describes. I am sorry you are having to go through this!

You also need to try and be strong since evil spirits can feed off of your fear and you need to continue to forcefully demand that the spirit leaves your house at once since it is not welcome at your home.

Please let us know if this helps or you continue to have problems. Someone at this site will be able to guide you further. Best wishes to you!
Wendya2003 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
I did mention it to my husband that I wanted to do a cleaning because I'm terrified of being alone there. I can't sleep and its really affecting me during the day. And you are right she doesn't seem friendly at all. Thanks for reading. I will be looking his profile up
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
Yikes! I'm sorry you are going through this, and I unfortunately is going to be no help. This does not sound like casper the friendly ghost, and is quite terrifying for me. I don't know what is haunting you but if you would like a home cleansing a member named Rookdygin has one on his profile. It has worked for some people. I wish you all the best.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: