You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Poltergeist In The Projects

Real Ghost Stories

Poltergeist In The Projects

 

I had always wondered about the paranormal and was never sure whether or not to believe in it. I'm an atheist and never really thought I would ever see something of the paranormal nature. As of recently, I've come to the conclusion that it is very real.

A few weeks ago I was at a friend's house with a few other buddies, at around 3am we decided to go to bed. I was in the projects on 110th street, don't know if it has to do with anything but the building is probably around 70 years old. Anyway we're all in the same room trying to get some sleep, every thing seems fine.

As I'm drifting off, I feel something tapping me. I ignore it, thinking it's one of my friends trying to bother me. Awake and pissed off at this point, I sat up in bed and tried to catch one of them in the act. Soon after the tap, I see a hand emerge out from under the bed and it taps my leg. I look under the bed expecting to see one of my friends, nothing.

I'm still not sold that they're not pranking me so I call them out on it. No one admitted to it. This is when stuff gets really strange. A sheet on the bed shoot up in the air, everyone in the room saw it. A little scared now, we try to turn on the light, which doesn't turn on. Another friend tries to turn in his phone flashlight but the phone heated up and burned his hand. Then the mattress I was sleeping on starts to push up as if someone was under the bed followed by the sound of clanking pipes. I jump off the bed and all 5 of us are in a corner confused and not knowing what to do. Then violent knocking came from closet and bedroom doors. Trapped, we start to panic, even more so when a dog toy goes flying across the room.

I turned my back to make for the door when I fell a hard scratch on my back. My friend with the phone was also scratched but on his chest leaving marks on both of us. We leave to the kitchen to get out of the room. Only moments after reaching the kitchen, a mop resting against the wall dropped when no one was near it.

We returned to the room only to be harassed by the clanking until sunrise. I suspect the entity to be a poltergeist but I know they are not known to materialize so I don't know any explanation for the hand.

If anyone has any answers or questions, please comment. Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jackhhonor, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

PARANORMALWITNESSTV (10 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-08)
Hello,
Thanks for sharing this terrifying story. I am a producer on the hit Syfy series Paranormal Witness and we are currently looking for new stories to feature in the upcoming series. Please drop me a line if you and your friends would be interested in sharing your experiences: Olive.king [at] raw.co.uk
Many Thanks,
Olive
elt (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-02)
I really like the name for this story 😁 I don't have no advice to give you
Jlobeats12 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-09)
As the house specifically has been ruled out, the entity may be attached to your friend or anyone that was in the house last night. Also I've noticed you have said that it is not safe to be out doors at night where you live so it is possible the spirit was feeding on that negative energy. Not only this but when you turned to catch someone in the act of tapping you this may have aggravated the spirit which is why you experienced the other poltergeist activity. I say this to everyone, but it is a really good way to understand what is happening around you. Research and ask other friends or family members about the history of your area and the houses whether people have died horrifically. All this will help you understand what happened to you.:)
jackhhonor (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
to all who commented I'll keep you posted on the situation, though its not my home so it may be some time, in addition, I have been over my friend's home many times and never experienced anything strange up until that night
jackhhonor (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
[at] franfelica1 my friend who owned the house said he's experienced similar occurrences but not since he was a child and not to the degree of what happened recently
jackhhonor (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
[at] elnoraemily to answer your question we were able to leave after the knocking stopped, we chose not to leave because we were in the ghetto late at night and its never good to be on the streets that late, in addition we weren't really sure what was going on and how much danger we may have been in, hope that helped
frangelica1 (40 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
I also have a question - since it was your friend's home has he or anyone in his family ever had any other similar or unexplained experiences before this incident in this home?
CrystalLeo (27 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
Elnoraemily has the right idea. We would like some details on that. Was it that maybe your path was blocked by the things falling down and being thrown across the building? 'Cause usually when your way is blocked or you are trapped by a spirit, they shut all the doors and windows making you unable to open them at all.

Otherwise, these instances sound to me a lot like major poltergeist or normal demon activity. Especially since it scratched you and your one friend. Or it could even be a place with maybe two poltergeists and one demon.
It is rare but it can happen.
Please inform us as soon as you can.

Hope you all weren't too seriously hurt. Best of wishes.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
Quick question- why did you guys not leave the room when anything started happening?

You said you were trapped, but you were able to leave the room to go to the kitchen.

Just wanting some clarification there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: