You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is Anyone Home?

Real Ghost Stories

Is Anyone Home?

 

I have an older sister who is engaged and she and her fiancé moved about a week and a half ago. My parents and younger brother were helping while I was at work. When I got off of work I went straight home, where I was the only one there. I went into my room to change and was listening to music when I heard a deep voice say, "Hey wake up in there!" Naturally, I assumed it was my dad, so I walked out and said I was already awake to an empty house.

We have an alarm system that beeps and speaks whenever a door is opened, but I never heard any of the doors, so I just shrugged and went back to my room. I then heard the refrigerator open and slam closed. I figured maybe my mom was home after she went to the store, but again, the house was empty. When I asked about it later, both parents said that they had not been there at all until they came home.

Another story is from when my family and I first moved into this house the summer before my sophomore year in high school. I am a night owl and I would stay awake until at least 3 am. My dad had recently chewed me out about closing my door when I went to bed because he said the air would not circulate so I left my door open about five inches one night.

I am the only one in this part of the house. My sister had a room upstairs and she had recently broken her foot. Meanwhile, my little brother was still sleeping with my parents. I was sitting up in bed watching TV with the lights out in my room and I saw a light to my right, which is where my door is. I leaned forward a bit and saw that my bathroom light was on. I thought it was pretty strange considering the circumstances and the fact that my parents have their own bathroom. The light turned off and I decided to investigate. So I turned on my bedroom light and walked to the bathroom.

There was nobody there so I walked to my parents' room and they and my brother were sound asleep. My sister could not have made it back to her room without me noticing so I walked back to my room more than a little freaked out and wrote down my experience in my journal.

I can feel something in this house and, while it doesn't feel malevolent, there is another that does. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by brown_eyed_girl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, brown_eyed_girl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-10)
Hello brown_eyed_girl, you have narrated four stories in your two posts. Contents and the title of the both the stories are quite similar
😕.
But yes, some thing is going wearied in your house. Hope every normals in the future.


With best wishes
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
So there are two entities there? Wow, but you've lived there a while, right? Is this the first this has happened? Deffinately a cleansing. Rooks cleansing method really works.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
Thank you for the clarification, sweetie.

Can I ask how old your home is?
I am wondering if electronic fields are at play here. They can alter human perception because faulty wiring throws off electric fields that interfere with signals to the brain.
brown_eyed_girl (4 stories) (8 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
elnoraemily- sorry about that. The other one was meant to say is anyone home II. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
elnoraemily - another case of the same story being submitted twice and two mods working on them within minutes of each other. As for the conflicting details, that I can't help you with 😕
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
I am a bit confused. There are two of these stories, same person and name, but the events within are different.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: