You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is Anyone Home? 2

Real Ghost Stories

Is Anyone Home? 2

 

I have a few different stories about this house we moved into the summer before my sophomore year. My sister had recently broken her foot and she had the only room upstairs. She had been asleep on the couch so I went to wake her up so she could go to bed. I had yet to take a shower, so as soon as she went to bed, I would get in the shower. After what felt like forever trying to wake her up, she finally went to bed.

The next morning she asked if I had come up to her room during the night. I didn't and I told her so. She said she had heard footsteps going up and down the stairs all night. I figured it was the house just settling. The house isn't ancient but it is old enough to make noise at night. She suggested I stay in her room one night so I did and I heard the steps up and down all night long. It wasn't random steps creaking but it sounded like heavy boots stomping up and down the stairs. We were both pretty freaked about it, but since it was just noise and no action we weren't really worried about.

On to the next one, this story is courtesy of my dad. It also occurred in the new house. He and my brother were already in their bed asleep and my mom was in the shower. I was in the living room watching TV and my sister was in bed. My dad said he heard someone whispering "hey wake up" and tapping his foot. His feet are really ticklish so he woke up on the first tap. He didn't see anything so he thought he was dreaming and went back to sleep. It happened again and he thought it was getting pretty weird, but he wasn't worried and went back to sleep. It continued to happen like that until my mom got out if the shower. He asked her why she kept trying to wake him up and she told him she had no idea what he was talking about.

Meanwhile, in the living room with me, the door to their bedroom slammed shut and the TV switched off. I took that as my hint to go to bed so that's exactly what I did. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by brown_eyed_girl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, brown_eyed_girl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-10)
Pretty wearied sort of a story. Should I called it a paranormal experience I don't know. 😕
Sometimes old house do make creepy sounds. But thanks for sharing it.

With best regard
elnoraemily (guest)
+3
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
Totally irrelevant and I'm sorry, but I grinned so much when I saw hazel eyes post on brown eyed girl's story.

It was so cute, the eye color names.

I just had to let out the cuteness.
brown_eyed_girl (4 stories) (8 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
Hazeleyes - thank you for letting me know. This one was meant to be called is anyone home II. Someone said something about it on my other one. Appreciate it!:)
hazeleyes (1 stories) (34 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
I'm not sure if you realize but both your stories have the same title. Even though they're two totally different stories it might be a bit confusing, especially if it's the same writer. So just be aware of that in your other stories so that there's no mix up or confusion. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: