You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Knock Knock... Who's Home?

Real Ghost Stories

Knock Knock... Who's Home?

 

AA couple months ago, something very strange happened while I was cat- sitting at my neighbour's house.

My neighbour often asks me to feed her cats, and it's starting to become a common job because she is out of the house a lot. So, I got hired for a cat sitting gig a couple months ago. I feed the cats twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. At night, I usually head across the street sometime between 5 and 6. But, one day I just happened to forget. It was almost 10:00 (pm) and I was way late to feed the cat\'s dinner. I quickly headed over to the house, and it was dark outside. I unlocked the garage (as usual), and grabbed the key to unlock the door. This is when I heard my neighbour. Directly from the other side of the door, she said "Take off your shoes!" I just assumed she was home and forgot to tell me. I also found it pretty weird that she didn't just open the door for me, since she was literally like 2 feet away from the handle. So, I just opened the door, expecting some sort of greeting. But, I walked into a pitch black house, no sign of my neighbour. All the lights were off, nothing in the house from my previous visit was changed, and the cats were not feed. (I would know because of how much food there was in the can.) I looked around, and shouted for my neighbour, "Mrs. Smith!" pretty loudly up the stairs. Still, no response. You may think maybe she was just upstairs taking a shower or something, but no. How could she yell at me from behind the door, and then 5 seconds later run up the stairs without me seeing/hearing it? Also, when I usually go to feed the cats alone, I get a pretty weird vibe in the house, like I'm being watched.

Anyway, I went back to feed the cats the next morning and there wasn't anyone there.

Was what I heard a ghost? I'm just still kind of confused by the whole thing.

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, snowraven37, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-09)
That sounds so much like a mother doesn't it. Poor things spending eternity worying about the floors! You and your neighbor ought to get together and remind her that now that she's a ghost she can do whatever she wants, maybe travel, go to Sedona and meet some nice, interesting spirits! 😊
mayamie (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-08)
Well it MUST be a ghost that likes the floors really clean. Wow! I guess you take your shoes off every time you feed the cats now, huh?
snowraven37 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
Hi Griff84 and notjustme, that's a good idea, maybe I will talk to her about it. I also think I have heard that her mother passed away. And Griff84, that's a good point, But the voice I heard came directly from the other side of the door, It was very close.
Thanks for your observations and help!
❤ 😊 - snowraven37
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
Hi snowraven37, I agree with notjustme, when Mrs Smith returns, perhaps initiate a conversation and see if she experiences similar, you never know, she might have experienced a lot.

On the other hand, could what you heard have been a neighbour, or their TV? I would have thought the sound from them could have been amplified as the house you were in was so quiet.

Either way, keep your eyes peeled and keep us updated.

Thanks for sharing 😊
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
Hi there Snowraven37! Maybe you could get into a conversation with Mrs. Smith one day day and ask if her mother is still around? Or maybe it was a previous owner who doesn't like it when you wear your shoes indoor hehe.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: