You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Stoner Smile Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Stoner Smile Ghost

 

My son and I moved into another new apartment, (moneys up we move into an apartment, moneys down we're homeless, we're OK with it). So this one is in North Chatt which used to be where all the exciting things happened about ten years ago or so. We moved in in November of last year. It's a sweet little place, with neighbourly people, a fair amount of musicians and artists, dog friendly, and lots of easy going party people.

Once we got everything situated, (weekend, we don't have much,) we noticed a little pocket of energy that moved around randomly. We couldn't see it, we could feel it, and since we were getting used to this kind of thing now we weren't afraid of it nor did we get anything but very light hearted vibes when it was around. But my dog could apparently see it because he would be lying on his side lazily staring into space, then all of a sudden leap up and look something up and down and bay and growl, then slow the barking down and guardedly walk over and sniff like he does when he meets a stranger.

After the first time he did it every day at 2:00 PM, 7 or 8:00PM, and 2 in the morning. It was kind of cute, and my son and I would look up and say "that guy is back to play with the dog" and play with the energy, which felt like the same as Br. Thomas and other positive experiences we had, so we liked him. But the baying at two in the morning was getting old, Finnegans bay could wake children sleeping in Russia, so armed with all the information found on this site about cleansing, I invited some friends over for a apartment blessing/cleansing and we burned some sage, drank some wine, and everyone had a good time praying or singing whatever their tradition made them comfortable with.

The next day we stayed up late visiting the neighbours and playing chess. So at one in the morning we were awake with the door open to our porch/deck watching a movie and facing the door and the nice fresh air when I saw who I thought at first was a young friend who used to stop by occasionally, get up from lying on the porch and look at me with this stoner smile on his face. He wore cut-offs, that's it. With the same shaggy hair as this kid, and I was just about to say hi and look who's here and all and realized it was getting on to two in the morning and this was a total stranger attempting to walk right in the door. Finnegan did his bay - swallow - sniff to this kid who put his hand out for the dog to make up to, and the kid smiled at me and started to walk in the door and could not! He frowned at the space, and backed up and looked absolutely stricken at me like he was sorry for whatever he did wrong, and disappeared. I really felt bad, but in case anyone wonders, all that cleansing and blessing really works. He showed up another time around 8ish, always picking himself off the porch first then turned and looked at me kind of sad and disappeared.

Now, I remember sitting up after a clinical death (too long, different story,) just like that, not knowing I had died, sitting up and looking at everybody. So the poor kid maybe didn't know... Anyway, I asked around in the neighbourhood if anyone had died young in our building, and got a resounding Oh h@ll yes it could be anybody in those studio apartments. People had overdosed, gotten shot, drunk themselves to death, roll the dice! So actually I don't know for sure if our guy over dosed on the porch, I'm only going by the every apparition begins with him lying on the porch. Onward.

The next time Finnegan bayed - gulped - sniffed at the doorway, I wasn't seeing him after that second time, I said "buddy do you know you've passed?" I sort of hoped I could see him again. Didn't happen, but there was a definite pillar of energy standing there. So I tried that method that someone had posted last year about visualizing light and moving them into it. I told him it wasn't that we didn't like him, he'd done nothing wrong, there are just better places than this to be and he should go there. I think it worked; you can kind of see it / feel it happen. And we've had no more baying in the night.

Other hauntings by Swimsinfire

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Swimsinfire, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

radish54 (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Rummaging through my favorites until newer posts are up. I just had to comment about the aid in helping the kid pass. That's just the best thing one could imagine. I hope all is well and "money's up" for you.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-12)
Thank you Swims. I was hoping that my feelings about your community was correct.

On another note, I have never been able to get into meditation, although it has only been in the last two years that I have tried. I can't seem to empty my mind for more than a few seconds, nor can I visualize a light that fills my mind. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Maybe I have ADD and never noticed it before, or it is just old age, lol. Random thoughts, (usually silly ones) keep popping into my head. I eventually just gave up trying - I was so disgusted with myself!

I envy all the folk that cam meditate.
I wish only the best for you, Swimsinfire. ❤
mimerkki (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-12)
notjustme:

The link you posted (or more like the site it lead to) felt almost a bit malicious. Theory presented there felt at best like facts connected guite randomly; it did not have an intact structure. As a whole, I would regard it with scepticism.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-10)
Fergie, that was such a sweet comment. And yes, North Chatt just about defines "hippie" in the twenty-first century. Yes we all kind of miss "the stoner ghost" as people here called him. About figures we'd have a stoner ghost. But I'm glad he's in a better place. And the expierience of the method of assisting a spirit was wonderfull, like Vassy dutta described it, only I didn't see the colors that he described. It's worth trying if your used to meditation.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-09)
Hi Swims, I have been trying to write a comment for ages, but every time something happens and I miss the moment.

I am so glad to hear that circumstances have improved for you and your son. I pray that they continue that way.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I get an almost "hippie" vibe from your present community. It sounds pretty cool to me and most inviting.

I am almost sorry that Finnegan has lost his friend, but I am sure he is in a better place. Bet you are happy not to be woken up at 2am any more though?

Thank you Swimsinfire for sharing a really cool experience. 😊
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
The apartment blessing was fun and very lovey energy stuff. The filling with light thing is meditative, and you can read about it in The Dear Old Man by Vassydutta, posted last year I think.
rhejhen (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
Ohhhhh! Love your story but it is kindda sad. Maybe the kid doesn't really know at all. 😢
I'd like to try the blessing/cleansing thing. Just wondering? Is it really safe? I mean maybe the spirits will get mad and do something worst?
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
That was an interesting site. Words are funny, they refer to thoughts in your mind. So which is more important, the thought you mean in using a word, or the word you use that someone els uses for another purpose. Actually when I refer to going to the light I mean the Quaker method of praying by holding someone to The Light, without an immage as to who Spirit should be. The method of helping someone cross over was posted by Vassydutta in a story called The Dear Old Man, and involves a definate visualization of Spirit energy represented by light which is understood in your mind who the participants are and what they are doing. It's worth reading. But it is a good point. And thanks, it was a very fun blessing. I never actually saw a tunnel or a specific source of light. I saw everything around me in a DIFFERENT kind of light that came from everywhere, no shadows, just light. So I don't know.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
I would like to add;
"I invited some friends over for a apartment blessing/cleansing and we burned some sage, drank some wine, and everyone had a good time praying or singing whatever their tradition made them comfortable with." - this is awesome! And I can TRY to imagine some YGS members all hanging out like this. Party at SWIMS' this weekend! Lol ❤
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
Wonderful, heartwarming, and a little sad. Thanks or that Swims. I wanted to comment on this because like you, I believed in the light and always thought that was the best thing until I read something recently worth giving a second thought. I do use the light to protect myself when I feel scared or anxious. As for the afterlife, I really wonder is it the best thing? I guess no one will ever know until we are there, but here's the link of what I read and found interesting. Thanks again!

Http://in5d.com/how-to-exit-the-reincarnation-system.html

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: