You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Ghost Of Kitty Past?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of Kitty Past?

 

So, I still live with my parents and get up relatively early, for school and such. We have four cats. Their names are Mango, Martini, Pye, and Cosmo.

One morning I woke up pretty late. There was one cat on my bed, Pye. I closed and latched my door firmly. When I close my door, I can put my full weight on this door, and it won't open. And even if our cat had managed to open it, I would have seen the open door.

So I went into my parent\'s room. They were barely awake, but I needed a ride to the T. I noted that there were two cats, Martini and Cosmo, sitting on my parent\'s bed. I got Mom moving and stepped back out into the hall.

Our hallway is placed so that even if it is completely sunny, bright noon, if both doors are closed, that hallway is barely lit without the hall light on. However I've lived here for 13 years and could do it with my eyes closed.

More on our cats: They're all idiots. They are fond of sitting behind us whilst we cook, jumping on the couch as we're sitting down, and trying to trip us down the stairs. Two of them are bright orange, and two are grey tabby. Aka invisible in dimly lit hallways. So far we have a count of two orange ones and a grey one.

So I'm going down the hall to go downstairs to make breakfast and a cat rushes between my legs. I trip and shriek "Oh my God!" Later Mum swears she heard nothing. But then I relax and am all like, "Oh silly Mango." So it's probably her that tripped me. I get to the bottom of the stairs, and there she is, sitting pretty on the couch. Mum says it could've been one of the cats in her room, but the cat that tripped me was running toward the bedrooms. I barely fit down our hallway. There is no physical way a cat could've scooted past me, reversed direction, and ran back without me feeling them, much less hearing them.

I'm not frightened of this little ghost kitty, me and my family have laid three cats to rest in the backyard. Two of them are remembered to have been very protective of me. But anyone I tell this to doesn't believe, and I figured it would be nice to have people believe me for once.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lol_death, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bookmonstercats (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-25)
Of course there are ghost kitties. I once lived in a house where visitors often reported having something invisible and furry twining around their legs as they walked up and down the stairs. I never experienced that, although I experienced other things. But yes, you do need to be careful about tripping over spirit kitty, whom I am sure means no harm.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-11)
We love ghost cats on this site. You're so blessed. I'm told you can ask them nicely to stop tripping you, and they will. Interesting story, thanks for sharing it.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-09)
Hi lol_death! Although I do not had any experience of any animal ghosts. But my brother had similar experiences. He often says that he can fill the smell and presence of his pet dog (after the demise of his pet dog).
I think, people often fill the presence of their pet animals after their demise because they are mental attached with them.
😐
With best wishes ❤
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
Haha, this was such a fun story to read. Thank you for sharing!
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
I do like the idea of a ghost cat quite a bit (mainly because over my life I have had several die of old age).

This seemed like it was just going about it's cat business- running around, zipping up and down stairs. It's definitely not unheard of to have stories of animal spirits hanging around- especially since you point out that they were protective of you and buried on your land.

It's a very good thing that you are not afraid of it, but do keep in mind that stairs and invisible cats can be a bad thing, so be careful in general.
😉

Best wishes to you ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: