You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Telephone Line 2

Real Ghost Stories

Telephone Line 2

 

To all readers not accustomed to my stories please refer to my other stories for my background.

In past months, we have experienced white noise phone calls and a woman's voice on the other end. Then one night she whispered directly into my ear, asking if I can hear her (full story see Telephone Line). After she whispered into my ear, the events stopped. No more calls, nothing. Things seemed to die down substantially on the spirit front.

Then Saturday, 2 August 2014, I had Tim and Elaine in my home again on an anniversary for our group. In last week, it was the 2-year anniversary since we met in hospital. In addition, it seemed to be destined that my mom's sister, aunt S, also was at my house. As she is not exactly a candid person, she took to asking Tim all kinds of questions. We were all sitting in the kitchen, she and my mom next to each other, with their backs to the stove. My aunt was sitting with my mom directly on her left (holding her hand) and the doorway leading to the dining room as well as the fridge that Gran likes to knock on to her right. I was sitting directly opposite the both of them. Elaine sat between my mom and me and Tim had taken to standing against the counter between Elaine and me.

As my aunt started asking questions, there was a clear knock on the fridge. I immediately looked at my mom and she said "I heard that". We all did. Gran had decided that she now would start communicating again. Tim and I were telling everyone about Adam and the walker earlier that evening when my aunt gave a little yelp and jumped right out of her chair. She ended up cowering behind my mom. At first, we thought that she was just getting worked up about hearing that the walker moved, but then she said that something had touched her. As soon as she said that I could feel my Gran standing behind me, and I asked Tim if it was Gran. He confirmed that she had tried to see what would happen if she touched her eldest daughter, and she obviously got her answer. I had a sudden flash and could "see" her standing behind me with her hands on my head. I asked Tim if I was experiencing it correctly and he said yes.

Gran began giving Tim images of my mom and aunt as little girls. A pet dog, their favourite place they lived before she died. Family homes they had loved. Gran was really pushing to get information through to them. Tim was asking questions from my mom and Aunt's childhood, and the astonishment on their faces was amazing. Everything he said, or described or asked about, they knew what he was referring to. I learned that my aunt was a very mischievous girl, getting in trouble on a daily basis. Quite funny as her own kids turned out the same. And my mom was always the one who got hurt in the wake of big sister's adventures. As they reminisced about this, they thought about Gran's sister, aunty Agnes, who they both loved immensely. She was the one my aunt fled to every time she knew she was in trouble. She always told her to hide her from Gran. From what my mom remembered about her, she was tall and slim and had always had long blonde hair. Then understanding dawned. There was a knock on the fridge and my mom said "The lady on the phone! It's Aunty Agnes!" My mom burst into tears. Tim was smiling a typically knowing smile. Though my mom and aunt were very young the last time they saw her, and for that reason never knew about her illness, she apparently had never forgotten about them. At least we learned who she is. Tim said that, one of the reasons why he feels such a close connection to us is because of the incredibly strong bonds between the women. He said he does not know a closer family.

Tim actually felt bad and said to my mom that this is one of the things he hates about his gift. It's bringing up sometimes very painful memories and then having to see the pain on someone's face as he relays what he sees. And my mom said to him that, although it is painful, knowing her mom was with them their entire lives, and never being able to share things with her, it's just as much a blessing that she is able to communicate with them now. If it had not been for him, we would never have known. At that point, we were all in tears.

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-08-14)
triden,
I think everyone has these abilities to some degree. I'm not sure how it works. Perhaps you are becoming more in-tune with something you've always had. 😊
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
hey val
I think, given how sensitive you are, this would have been an incredibly emotional experience for you if you had been there. Tim was driven to tears, and he's one of those men who believes it shows weakness to show such an emotion. I focussed on my mom, a lot. It really had an incredible impact on her.

I told my mom from the start, the fact that Gran was pushing me to try and listen, to hear this woman, meant that it had to be family of Gran's. I am starting to wonder, because I have had instances where I feel things, down to the bone, as fact. Whether or not it can be proven, is irrelevant, to me its pure fact. For example, I knew, since I was a little girl, that I would have twins. I also knew that I would have boys. When we bought this house, I knew, without a doubt, without being able to "see", that there were both male and female presences - apart from us flesh and blood people. Its intriguing
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
triden, pass the tissues. Loved every word. Extra plus that Gran solved the phone mystery for you too!
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
Revajane

I don't think there are words that can actually express what this meant to my mom. Sitting there, seeing her go through these emotions, remembering her childhood that had included her mother, and other loved ones, there's no comparison.
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-11)
I am so glad to be able to read another of your episodes. What a blessing it can be to have closure like that for you mom.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: