You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Something Followed Us

Real Ghost Stories

Something Followed Us

 

To make things clear, I will give you a brief summary of where I live, and the beliefs around here. Bordering the UAE is a small country named Oman where its common to hear about Djinn (a type of creature) activities. Now the Djinn are creatures created by God (according to the Quran), they have benevolent and malevolent nature, they are similar to poltergeists. We went to Hatta, an area known for supernatural activities, for Eid and spent a night there.

While in Hatta, we did not experience any weird or supernatural occurrences other than me unable to sleep at night (more me than the supernatural.)

When we went back home however, things started escalating. I will mention the occurrences in chronological order.

The first thing is when my sister was upstairs. My brother and I were downstairs, I had earphones on and my brother was eating. Minutes later, my sister storms downstairs and asks why I keep calling out for her. I told her that no one had called out, and that we didn't hear anything. This scared us out but we brushed it off as our imagination (it wasn't.)

The second thing was the most prominent, to me anyways. It was 4 am and my sister and I were getting ready for bed (we share a room), we were talking to each other when suddenly we hear a loud scream in our ears. We ran out of the room and woke the whole house up and made my dad search the house for the source of the scream, we found nothing.

It couldn't have been a figment of our imagination because we both heard it simultaneously.

The third thing was sort of a supernatural practical joke I think. When I'd go to the bathroom to pee, or whatever, I'd keep the door closed but not locked. Then I'd notice the door opening slowly. It happened with me and my sister.

The fourth thing was really creepy. My sister and I were alone upstairs getting changed. We had just come back from the mall and we were changing our clothes. I kicked off my boots and changed my clothes, talking with my sister the whole time. When I bent down to pick up my boots, I found that they were not where I kicked them off. They were placed neatly next to the bed. Neither my sister nor I picked them up or even got near them.

This next event happened to my sister. She was standing next to the front door checking out her reflection (the windows reflect like mirrors) when she heard a loud bang like someone hitting the door right next to her. She was alone in the living room when she heard the bang. Also, at night (my sister and I tend to sleep late, around 2 or 3 am), my sister and I heard whistling.

The final thing was my cat. My cat is mild tempered, never growls or hisses. She cuddles a lot and is very affectionate. However, one night she suddenly stood up clearly on edge, her fur was puffed up and she was hissing at the wall right in front of my bed. She continues to hiss then leaves the room.

I have no doubt that something followed us home. I'd love your opinion and advice on this. No bible verses though (we're Muslim and I don't think it would work in this situation.)

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Yamarra, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

caffenite (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-14)
There is a specific dua'a you say before you go out of your house which will protect you followed by 'Ayaat Al Kursi.' Make a use of it and also, for further protection--you can put a ayaah's from the Qur'an in a frame and just put it around the house.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-15)
That's why I really like this site. Interesting story, and learned a lot about djinns. Hope all is well.
Dldr (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-15)
Hey Yamarra, I have many muslims friends and as much as I know about jinns, they try to grab your attention mostly by physical touch.
Please let us know if you had any such experience.
Also it might a spirit in need and trying to reach to you for help.
Try reaching out to it, it might help.

Please keep us updated and God bless you and your family:)
Maria_Secretstar9 (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-15)
[at] Yamarra I'm Muslim. If you feel insecure by the following entity, you can recite the "Ayatul Kursi" & "Sura Naas". It may help you to remain safe from Djinn's. Good luck...!
K_marie82 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
Sounds like someone or something is trting to get your attention. On the other hand, I agree with some of the other comments, even if you're scared try your best to remain calm and rational and try to debunk things and see if you can come up with natural explanations first in an attempt to prevent yourself from totally freeking yourself out (which isn't hard to do, speaking from experience), and jumping at any noise you may hear. I enjoyed your story thanks for sharing! 😁
elnoraemily (guest)
+3
10 years ago (2014-08-12)
Definitely an interesting account, thank you for sharing.

I definitely agree with some of the other comments, that I don't think you were in danger, despite being scared. If that situation has changed, I would urge you to quickly take care of the situation.

A few of these things I can try to explain with earthly reasons- this is just my own perspective, designed to give you a different way to look at it. Things such as the door being slightly too lose for the frame and inching lose in the bathroom (my bathroom door does this in the summer and winter when humidity causes it to swell or shrink).

I would say the scream could have been bad pipes, but it is odd that no one else would hear it other than your sister and yourself. However, if the pipe was in the wall/ceiling/floor of just that room, it could be a very reasonable explanation.

I'm going to echo BJJ and tell you to try to debunk everything possible with earthly reasons first, then focus on the things that cannot be explained and work them out.

Brand new houses can still have many a problem, including very high levels of electric fields that can be caused by bad shielding on wires. It's not as common as older homes, but it can still happen. While I don't think this is the case with this house, I think that new houses can have all of the problems of old houses- especially, when it comes to the paranormal or things that are perceived as such.

My sweetest cat will often go a bit bonkers and chase things that I cannot see. I try not to delve far into it, mainly because they can react to so many sounds and levels of electromagnetic forces and vibrations from the earth that we cannot (like when animals start running long before we know that an earthquake it coming). Is that cat reacting to a spirit? It could be. It could also be reacting to the sound of another animal outside and it's instincts kicked it. It's hard to say with things like that.

From a paranormal perspective, try not to focus on it being a Djinn. Thinking that something evil is around you will unsettle you and possibly cause you to misconstrue events. If it is otherworldly, it could be a spirit that wishes to communicate or tease you, not necessarily cause you harm or scare you.

If you are worried or scared, I would say to do blessing that suits your beliefs. If you do, I would also include your sister in it, since she also seems to be experiencing what you are. I know very little about Muslim beliefs in this case, but it's worth a shot.

A main thing that is very important, with paranormal or earthly causes to strange happenings, is staying positive. If you feel worried, clean something, sing something, listen to something that cheers you up and keep your mind off of what scares you.

Best wishes and I hope you are doing well.

❤
Hadeed (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-12)
I am a Muslim myself. It will help if you read this forum thread, even though it is not directly meant to give you, in particular, information, you can use it.
Http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?86275-how-to-get-rid-of-Jinn-and-Shaytaan-from-house
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-12)
Djinn are not a topic I know enough about to give a detailed opinion on. I've read a little, but nowhere near enough to speak specifically about what to do if being haunted by them.
My (rather general) advice would be to stay calm, keep your fear under control, and investigate each odd experience. Some of the noises and events may have mundane causes, so look into it. Don't give the paranormal more credit than it deserves, assuming everything has a paranormal explanation only serves to scare you more. Try to debunk, as best you can, everything. Take control of the situation, don't let the situation control you.
You might want to contact your family's spiritual leader to see what steps you can take within your faith to banish any lingering entities.
Yamarra (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-12)
It definitely has my attention, I don't mind it hanging around but Djinn are known for being manipulative and mostly malevolent. You can google them online if you don't know what they are, but they freak me out and make me weary.
The house was brand new when we moved in, no previous owners
MyNameIsBill (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-12)
I may be wrong but in my opinion the ghost is not aggressive, it is just trying to get your attention.

Do you know if a fire or something happened in the house before you? Were there previous owners? Also you could try reaching the ghost with an EVP Recorder or someone expirienced.

Good Luck and keep us updated

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: