You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Beautiful Vanishing Dog

Real Ghost Stories

Beautiful Vanishing Dog

 

This is my first story, but I have read others experiences and felt inspired to finally share some of my own. This story takes place near my old house here in Springfield, MO. The house I lived in for 2 years was built in 1916 and was an old ranch home, so needless to say I have experienced energy of the paranormal quite a bit. I look forward to sharing those stories with you in the near future.

It was spring 2013 and I headed out to take the dogs for a walk. I was heading toward the creek trail about a block from my house when this beautiful husky puppy ran up to us from, what seemed to be out of nowhere. He was so friendly, and my dogs (also very friendly) were excited about their new friend. The dog followed us for quite sometime. He did not have a collar so I decided to take him back home after our walk and try to find his owner.

Along the trail there are a few bridges to walk under and open grassy space around the trail and of course, there is the creek. We passed under the first bridge, pup still trotting along beside us. When we neared the second bridge we had to walk up and over this one. I started walking up to the top but the puppy decided to walk under instead, it's pretty rocky under that bridge but one could manage. My dogs and I walked up and over and waited to meet our friend on the other side, but he never showed up. I was in an area that was open and I most certainly could see the dog run off in the other direction. I stayed there for about 7 minutes looking around completely puzzled. Where did he go? I eventually continued on, but I never saw that beautiful puppy again.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this one. Please feel free to comment.

Other hauntings by Phoenix83

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Phoenix83, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Phoenix83 (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-02)
Revajane thank you for reading my story. Interesting thought indeed. The pathways under the bridges were next to the creek, the pathway then went over the bridge. It went over the bridge because it wasn't wide enough underneath for a path and the creek. There is water flowing in the creek so this could very well be an explanation.
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
Wondering if the creek you had to walk over had running water? Since you stated you walked under several bridges before having to cross this one. I've heard that some spirits can't cross water for some reason.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-17)
Hello! Phoenix83, Thanks for sharing your experience. It was interesting. Would I say it a paranormal experience... I am bit 😕

With ❤ and best regards
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
Nice investigating! That always makes me happy when people get curious and go test things.

Doesn't solve the puzzle sadly, but at least you had an enjoyable experience with a friendly puppy!
Phoenix83 (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
So my curiosity got the best of me, and I went to investigate to see if there was any kind of drainage pipe around that bridge. In fact there really wasn't anywhere for that dog to hide. As strange as it was, it was certainly not the weirdest thing I've ever experienced.
Phoenix83 (4 stories) (13 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
Good point elnoraemily. I just hope his adventure was a safe one if that was the case. Thank you for reading.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
I don't think he would have drowned- dogs are pretty good swimmers and creeks generally do not have a strong current.

That is very strange though. Maybe he found a drainage pipe and went for an adventure?
Phoenix83 (4 stories) (13 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
MandyNicole and lady-glow: thank you kindly for reading my story. I did investigate the entire scene, I climbed down under the bridge myself. I too like to find logic in any situation and figured pup got distracted. That little pooch was not down there. It is a pretty clear view underneath, so he couldn't have had anywhere to hide. I even suspected that maybe he had fallen into the water and drowned but there was absolutely no sound anywhere. It was very quiet that day and there was no one around. My husband and I sat down and thought of every possible scenario after I told him the story. And it was pretty cool to be in the dogs company he was beautiful and those eyes. Husky eyes.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
Phoenix83: I'm not sure the puppy was a ghost; like MandyNicole I, too, wonder if you checked under the bridge.
It would be possible that the little husky stayed there playing with a frog or perhaps with another person, dog or something else.
Still, it was nice to enjoy the company of such a playful pup.
I'm looking forwards to read your experiences in that old house!
Thanks for sharing.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
Were you able to see underneath the bridge where the puppy went? Could it be possible that the puppy lived under there? Maybe it was just a wrinkle in time and you got lucky with meeting an adorable puppy (:

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: