You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: I Guess I've Been Proven Wrong, And Still Very Confused

Real Ghost Stories

I Guess I've Been Proven Wrong, And Still Very Confused

 

I'm a little confused right now. Let me back up first.

About a month ago I was talking and relaxing with my husband. I was talking about how amazing the last year has been for us. He received another raise, we were about to buy our first house together, our daughter was about to turn one, I battled and overcame severe depression that has been with me for at least a decade, and we cut a huge negative influence out of our lives. We've never been happier! As a side note, I also mentioned to him that nothing "out of the ordinary" had happened in a long while, if you know what I mean. We wrapped up the conversation and went to bed. The very next day something happened literally in front of my eyes.

I was cuddling my daughter and staring forward at her toy bar when all of a sudden the toy bar just moved as if it had been bumped or pushed. As hard as I tried, I simply could not come up with a logical explanation for it since I had literally been looking right at it when it happened, and in my mind there is no logical reason why it suddenly moved on its own. Nothing else in the house was displaced, the cat was nowhere near, the toy bar had been lying flat, and the hanging toys weren't caught on each other... I guess I was proven wrong about nothing out of the ordinary happening? Whatever presence makes itself known in my life still remains, I guess. Okay, back to the here and now.

We bought our first house and moved in! I'm usually very perceptive to energies within locations, always have been, and I've felt nothing here that catches my attention. However, about ten minutes ago of typing this up, another item moved randomly on its own. This time it was my daughter's swing, which is diagonally in front of the couch from where I am sitting. Out of the blue it moved as if something hit it. My first thought would be to blame the cat, but I know she's in the back of the house in the guest room sleeping. It's not a very light swing, either, so there's no way it could've jumped like that unless something physically hit it with force.

So here's where I'm confused: I can't sense anything that's here (unless I've become numb to it, because I used to try to "turn that off"), and these events seem to keep randomly happening (see the post prior this). In no way do I feel afraid or intimidated, and maybe that's because these sorts of things have happened all my life. Either way, I'm confused as why is this happening?

A few events have happened when my husband and I are together, but its focus seems to be mainly on myself since it happens only when I'm around or alone. Even after a lifetime of strange occurrences, premonitions, feelings, and sensations, I still can't help but question my sanity. This doesn't feel threatening at all, but why is it happening? Is there something that's deliberately trying to gain my attention? Is there something I can do/not do?

Advice, anyone?

I don't necessarily want it to continue or stop. I just want to know WHY. Sorry if I'm coming across a little whiney, since I've spent a lifetime experiencing these kinds of things and trying to suppress it/ignore it, and just now do I feel comfortable with myself enough to be open with what's been going on my whole life, instead of feeling embarrassed other than in forums like this, but it's still baby steps for me... Thanks in advance!

Other hauntings by 22aya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 22aya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

22aya (10 stories) (11 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-17)
Hearts-Light, as a side note and word of advice... And simply because I cannot shut up the mother side of me that is cringing... Please DO NOT post what your age is over the internet, especially if you are not an adult yet. There are a lot of crazies out there and I personally would not like anyone to be taken advantage of. Sorry if that was a bit much, but I mean it sincerely out of respect.
22aya (10 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-17)
Wow, this posted sooner than expected. Guess I have to check back sooner. Anyway...

MandyyNicole, thank you for taking the time to read these experiences of mine. I have to admit that I'm no expert (or anything close to) on telekinesis. Looking back on these experiences my husband and I have had, the vast majority of it has occurred either while he's gone or asleep, so I 'dunno' about that. Definitely am trying to keep track of everything though!:)

Jitow, thank you for taking the time to read over what has been happening. While I initially disagree that all spiritual interaction is suspicious (I used to believe this), I will respectfully try to keep an open mind and seriously consider the advice that you've offered as I feel it is important to remain skeptical. Don't worry, I absolutely am 100% invested in my daughter's safety:)

Hearts-Light, at the risk of being repetitive, thank you as well for also taking the time to read through what I posted. I'm sorry that you do not have an immediate source of support for what you've been experiencing yourself, and I completely understand the sensation of being able to somehow "feel" a presence. I hope that you will find the support here at YGS as so many others have.

Griff84, thank you for reading through this! You know, I've seriously been considering this possibility myself. Nothing, and I repeat nothing, that has happened has felt threatening even in the very least. I'm usually very sensitive to the emotions within an environment, and everything feels very 'peachy,' So I hope it's only a deceased loved one as well.

Northlight, if you hadn't mentioned it, I would never have guessed this myself. I also have heard through the grape vine this kind of phenomena before, and thanks for bringing it up. Now that you've brought it to my attention, I'll try to observe what's been happening a little more closely. Thank you for your input!

Rachness, thank you for the kind words and for commenting! It's awesome to experience life more positively than I ever have before! Anyway, your advice reminds me of another time in my life when I 'talked' to something that was there. It ended with the feeling as if someone was putting their hand on my leg reassuringly before leaving (I was asking for it to leave). I will keep this suggestion in mind when the next time it happens, since I'm almost positive at this point that there will be a next time.

Again, thanks to everyone who commented and I will honestly try to remain as open minded as I can and consider everyone's input.:)
Rachness (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-15)
I'm happy to hear that things are going so well for you and your family! Good on you for kicking depression's butt and having a positive attitude towards life.

Maybe this spirit could be a guide or guardian? Maybe it's just letting you know it's there but not making itself too noticeable with the sensing and feeling side of things.

Maybe you could try and talk to it when something moves/happens to try and see what it wants, etc.

I hope you're well.

-Rachael
northlight (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-14)
It's not advice, but an observation: it seems a lot of experiences like this occur within households where there is a baby or very young child - I mean a range of experiences from the innocuous to very challenging, according to what people attest. There is a lot of research into it, including study and research by learned and qualified people. There seems a correllation. TK is a mysterious phenomena in as much as it's believed by some to occur.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-14)
Hi 22aya. The things that seem to be affected are you, and your little daughters items. Perhaps a dearly departed loved one is just letting you now they are there, and looking out for you and your family? Just an idea, although I do hope it is this. 😁

Thanks for posting and please keep us updated. 😊
Hearts-Light (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-14)
You know what, I never saw anything moving and all but I Can sense their presence for example if I am lying alone in one bed I suddenly feel that someone I lying behind me... Real close... (I am 13) when I tell my big sis who is 16... She says that I am CRAZY! And I need a check up from a doctor! >_<
Jitow (362 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
It is peaking your curiosity on purpose. All it needs is for you to spend a moment's thought on it and it will build upon that. Your response that you don't want it to continue or stop is very perplexing. Number one, it ain't great grandma, and there is no way to ever absolutely prove what it is or what its intentions are. Why would you allow some entity to remain in your house when you have a two year old and you have suffered from depression in the past. You need to aggressively choose you and your daughter's best interest here. Who cares what the entity thinks, it should not be there in the first place. The law gives no rights to spirits so there is no reason not to get this entity out of your house, if it turns out to be something spiritual.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
This is a serious shot in the dark, but what if you're having little bursts of telekinesis. You said you were looking directly at the toy when it moved so that was just my first thought, coupled with the fact you don't seem to feel anything in the house (it could just be your own energy). With the swing, it could be that your energy collected near it (or something like that) while you were concentrating on writing which caused it to move.
That doesn't explain what your husband has experienced though, hmm... As suggested frequently on this site, you could try keeping a journal of the incidences as they happen, it may be helpful.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: