You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Sister's Loss

Real Ghost Stories

My Sister's Loss

 

This is actually the first experience I remember. When I was younger my mother and I went to town, did some shopping and got dinner on the way home. It was still light out, we were sitting in the living room with my step-dad eating and I heard the front door open and no so much slam, but when you shut that door, it rattled the tin roof, so you could tell it was open and shut. I heard it and I heard my sister say, "Mom I'm home" I thought it was strange because she was going to college in Brewton, Al, she lived in the dorms up there so she rarely came home to visit unless she had free time.

I ran to the other room to see her and the front door was closed and locked. I told my mom and dad what I had heard and my mom said that she was at work until nine that night and that she was going out with some of her girlfriends afterwards, so she wasn't expected home for the weekend. My dad looked at my mom with this look on his face, I thought he didn't believe me but I didn't understand why. After all he is the one who has most of the "experiences" in our family.

So we watch some t.v. and I go to bed. The next morning I woke up and my sister was there. I sat down with my mom and she told me that she had to go get her at like 2 or 3 that morning, I inquired as to why. She told me that one of her friends was in an accident. They were driving down a road that has a lot of bends in it on their way to a party. My sister and two of the girls were in one car and her other friend was in her jeep following behind them. They looked back and the jeep wasn't behind them, they were concerned so they turned back. The girls jeep was smashed into a tree and started to catch fire. The girl was conscious but her legs were pinned by the steering wheel. One of the girls broke out the back window and climbed in trying to pull her free. At this point my sister took the car to the store down the road to call 911.

When she got back the entire jeep was engulfed in flames and she didn't see anyone. She called out to her friends they had moved back into the edge of the woods to get away from the fire. My sister asked where their friend was, they couldn't get her out in time and she burned to her death. When she told me all this, I freaked out because I had a feeling about my sister and only hours later her and her friends went through this traumatic experience. My mom told me that while we were in town and my dad was home, he had seen a figure walk across the doorway and he didn't realize that it was my sister until I said that I had heard her. That is why he gave my mom that look.

It took me a while to realize that I had a significant experience and I think from there on out I was open to it and I still am.

Other hauntings by AbbyRose

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AbbyRose, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Amiie (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-07)
Woah.
Now to be honest, this is a preminition, but you are maybe not physcick so didn't get the full Vision...
This is an amazing experience, and I admire you for not totaly freaking out.
felicia9 (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-05)
oh my god that is very crazy and I am sorry that your sister had to threw all those horriable things... I would've moved out of that house if something is just woundring around like that... And yuor dad is very brave for seeing that figure pass by the door I would'vr been really scared. 😨
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-04)
I feel very sorry for your sister who had to go through all of this. It is very hard for a person to handle all of this. It is very interesting what Abby wrote because I never heard anything like that but that answers a lot of quations I had about that. Thanks for sharing you story. Thanks Abby on the input! Hope to hear from you soon and take care
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-04)
Dear AbbyRose,

My sympathies to the family and friends for their loss. I am glad nobody else was harmed or lost their life that night.

What you may have witnessed was a part of your sister playing out an astral or out of body experience before or during (and even can happen after such an event). It is as though all possibilities collide with our multi-dimensional selves and lives. The traumatic event triggered this experience. As a witness you are also a person who is open and aware of such experiences too. According to your reference to your father as having similar experiences; it may also be a shared family ability of awareness and sensitivity.--Abby
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-04)
AbbyRose, it sounds like you are sensitive to things as well. I'm glad your sister is okay but it is too bad about her friend. By realizing what you've seen, and that you're not crazy(!), I think you've made a giant step towards discovering the other side of things as we know them. Use your gift wisely, I'm glad you realize you have a gift and I hope you use it wisely!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: