You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Red Eyed Moth Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Red Eyed Moth Man

 

To start with I would like to say this happened about 25 years ago and I had seen quite a few ghosts and other odd things before this. I am not known to be a liar or a prankster and for this my friends when I was of that age had named me mister maturity as I didn't do the silly things they did. Most of the time I socialized with people 10 years my elder, they called me the old soul. My family had lost quite a few relatives and friends in the years leading up to this happening. My 18 year old brother being the most recent of them at the time. A lot has happened to me since as well.

I was about 15 years old I was staying at a friend\'s place for the night as I had done many times before, My friends family had a caravan in the front yard with a CB radio in it. On the weekends we got to sleep out there so we could stay up and not wake anyone later in the night. We were trusted kids.

It was between 1-2am. We had a bed on each end of the van. I was on the door side of the van with my head looking to the door, my friend on the other side of the van slept the other way so we could see each other, all the light switches were near him. There was a street light out the front so we could still see when the lights were out. He had just switched the lights off about 5-10 minutes before. We were both awake still with our eyes closed. I had my arm hanging over the side of the bed as I still do. I felt a cold fear surround me; I had felt the chill of a ghost before. This was not the same! I opened my eyes looking at the bottom of the door to see a figure blacker than any darkness I had seen, or have ever seen since Manifest in what seemed to be through the door. As I looked up what looked like legs of a humanoid figure the darkness seemed to swirl within it's for. I could see its form was solid enough to block my vision of the door as it took shape. As I looked up to its face there were just eyes of a burning red I can't truly describe. I couldn't look away. It drifted toward me like smoke, I couldn't move or speak. Then it touched my hand (not held) It tapped me on the hand 3 times, I physically felt each tap. Its eyes flashed brighter than they were before, Almost like it got something out of the physical contact. That's when its face actually took enough shape for me to see that wicked evil, (Grin, Smile) I don't quit know another word to describe it, It was the look of evil is all I can say to word it right. Then it drifted back through the door looking at me with that look which was the last part of itself to leave.

The moment I felt I could move again, a minute or so after at a guess, I stammered to my friend to turn the switch on. I was shaking uncontrollably and He could see I was White and scared, I asked had he seen it? He hadn't seen nor heard anything, I told him what had happened and we slept inside that night.

I have not seen this entity again. But since then I have had shadows around my bed on a regular basic I have counted up to 12 at a time on some nights but they are not the same they just watch me and they are not always around. Most of the time it's like there is always something in the corner of my eye but I just can't quite catch it.

Has anyone seen or heard about this?

Some insight would be good, the only thing I have found that is similar is the, (Red Eyed moth man) but at the time I seen this it had no wings. (At the time I didn't know of the Moth man ether). (Opinions Are A Dime A Dozen) Thanks for any genuine input.

Other hauntings by Dacom

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dacom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dacom (3 stories) (28 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
Hi hope you are all well,
Thank you all for your input,
And yes, I have learnt and tort my self to deal will with most situations, and Shield myself.
I have done Martial Arts for most of my life and have focused on chi training for that reason. 😊
Sonya (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
Well this is Moth man like everyone say. Many people had see'n it and I don't know if its harmless or not. But it see'ms like it is harmless though. Just Google Moth man and then you will know more about him. 😊
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
Ahh, an empath. In that case, I do believe you are probably just abnormally sensitive when it comes to paranormal things. I'm guessing the red eyed man passed through and decided to give you a fright just for the heck of it. How rude!
I am slightly empathic as well so I know the frustrations of being around those whose emotions are less than pleasant. Try imagining you are surrounding yourself in a protective white light, one that will bounce emotions of other people off of it before they get to you. If you don't do that already. It can help immensely.
Dacom (3 stories) (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
Hi hope you are all well, I am 39 years old now.
To state something I have always had problems sleeping and it can take me up to an hour or two to get to sleep most nights.
I care for my Mum at the moment and she is in the other room and can confem this, on top of the recurring nightmares I've had since being A young boy.
I did not think it was a, (Moth man)
The title was meant to Be,
(The Red eyed Man)
My eyes are vary keen, and I also have hyper sensitive hearing.
I have friends of 20 years that can undoubtedly confirm this fact,
As I have told them of both sides of there phone conversation on regular occasions from rooms away when there not on loud speaker.
And at times tell them who's calling when there phone rings when I can't see the phone.
I have all so found later in life, In my late 20's that I am A low level empath, which annoys the buggery out of me around sad or angry people.
I would like the to state I never asked for this, I got born into A messed up family line and a slap stick of DNA became ME.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
It sounds similar to sleep paralysis, but you had never fallen asleep... It could be that you DID fall asleep and didn't realize it, triggering s.p. Or it could have actually happened and been something passing through. I don't think it was anything akin to the moth-man though. From what I've heard, "moth-man" is typically seen by people (usually more than one) when some kind of disaster is about to take place. I also never got the feeling, from what I have read/heard of it, that the "moth-man" was evil.
The shadow people... Have you had an eye exam recently? It could be possible you are seeing "floaters" in your vision, which is pretty normal...or, you're most likely sensitive.

I do have one question though, how old are you? I have you pegged at about 40?
Gotta love how YGS classifies that as "young adult", eh? (:
VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
Holy Cheezus Christopho. I think I would have soiled myself right then. It is in my opinion that it was definitely a demon and that it was marking you to be haunted/watched by the shadow beings you see in your room. To what ends I do not know however.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: