You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: A Message from my Father

Real Ghost Stories

A Message from my Father

 

This story is about my mum. A few weeks ago her dad passed away - my granddad. One night she was thinking about him a lot. She slowly closed her eyes when suddenly she smelt arabian perfume (my granddad always wore that). She looked up but saw nothing.

A big gust of wind went past and she heard his voice saying "help your daughters". My mum looked over (my mum, me and my sisters sleep in the same room, my mum and little sister on a double bed and me and my older sister on a bunk bed) and saw a shadowy figure walking up to me and my sister. My mum shouted at it and it looked straight at her, it had no eyes, which freaked my mum the most. It ran to her and pushed her down on the bed. Then it put the covers over her and held her hands tightly. She couldn't breathe because of the covers over her and couldn't move her hands because that thing was holding them.

Me and my sisters woke up when we saw my mum struggling in her sleep. We woke her up and she told us what happened. My sister was trying to calm her down when we saw red finger marks on her hand - exactly the same place where it was holding her. My dad rushed upstairs to check on us. He said that he dozed off on the sofa when he felt someone run past him. He chased it to the other room but by the time he got there it was gone.

Freaky! Well hoped you like that story I have plenty more!

Other hauntings by Ambu

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ambu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Enam (1 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Hello Ambu,
Im Not a Critic... But I Find It Sensible to Explain the Situation or Event Normally Rather Than Tagging It as a Paranormal Event In the First Place... So With Due Respect to What Your Mom Saw That Night, How About You Try To Imagine a "Burglar" Instead of that Eyeless (Human Eyes Dont Glow in Complete Darkness) Creature... And Review the Whole Story One More Time... Cause Its Not Necessery for Some Spirit to Use the Exit (Which I'm Assuming that "Thing" Was Heading) Door. Anyway No Matter What, I'm Just Expressing My Very Own Opinion... Its Not That I'm Saying Your Mom's Mistaken a Burglar as a Ghost... I'm Just Saying 'It Might Be'...

Anyways Thanks a Lot for Sharing Your Wonderfull Story With Us...

Regards,
~ Enam ~
voypai (1 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
my thoughts keep going back to why your mother sleeps with you guys in your room
Doesn't she have a room of her own especially when your father is still there 😕
SomeoneUDontKnow (15 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-04-24)
the grandpa didn't want to scare the mom he wanted to help the moms daughters that's why he said it to her. He somehow knew that the attack was going to happen and he warned her. He saved her children he didn't scare her.

Ambu hopefully nothing like this happen again
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
What a terrible thing for your mother to experience. Why would something be so hatefully physical with her? Why would it want to harm her or you and your sister? You usually don't hear of attacks like this. Especially it just happening without any build up of other activities in the home, with your mother or even you and your sister. 😕 Thanks for sharing you mother's story. ~Shelby ❤
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-07)
Whew! That was such a great story, Ambu! I bet your Mom was scared to death! I can't imagine that your Granddad would want to scare your Mom so much, it seems odd. The spirit seemed to want to frighten your Mom. Has anything happened since that? What was the feeling given off by the presence if anything has happened? I'd like to hear your other stories, this was very good. Thanks for sharing with us!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-04)
Thank you for sharing. I would love to read additional stories, however, I hope people aren't always hurt. That would be terrible!

God Bless!
Abby (710 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-04)
Dear Ambu,

I appreciate you sharing our mother's true ghost story with myself and others here on this site. Will those be plenty of your mother's stories or your own stories? Thanks for sharing.--Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-04)
Thank you Ambu for sharing your mothers story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: