You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: The Bracelet

Real Ghost Stories

The Bracelet

 

When I was about 17 or so I talked with my dad one night about magic and ghosts and stuff. He decided that if we were going to have this talk so late at night he wanted to put up some mental barriers around the house. When he was done doing this he had a curious look on his face he then asked me an odd question. "Is Grace under your bed?" I was startled badly. Grace was the name I had given the little girl ghost who didn't speak but lived in our kitchen for reasons unknown to us at the time. I was startled because dad didn't really speak about Grace when we talked about stuff like this he didn't hate or dislike her, but he felt uncomfortable about her because he couldn't sense her the way I said I could.

We were sitting in the living room so I was wondering how he had felt anything under my bed (I still had a ways to go in my training) but I reached out to get a feel for Grace, I didn't have to go far, the kitchen where she stayed usually was right next to the living-room, apparently our conversation had interested her because she was standing right behind the couch where I was sitting. After I made sure it was Grace I told my father that Grace wasn't under my bed, he hesitated before asking me the next question "Are there any other spirits in the house you know of who may be hiding under your bed?" now in my first story I spoke of an energy that followed me through the house, in this story I had been feeling that energy for a while but being the young untrained idiot that I was I didn't mention it. I told him "No there is no one else."

So we went to my room to find out what it was. My room was an Absolute Disaster I won't describe it for the faint of heart, under my bed was just as disgusting but thankfully we didn't have to look far, I pulled out a few memento boxes I had and then pulled out my purse that I used every day. (Please don't even ask why I put it under my bed; to this day I STILL can't answer that question.) You can imagine my surprise when my dad stops me from putting it aside and looks at it like it\'s a loaded gun or something. We take it to the kitchen and he watches as I pull out everything his attention was peaked by a necklace that had been my grandmothers that had a hidden pentagram in it (the five pointed star pointing up not down) but the problem really appeared when I pulled out a bracelet.

This bracelet was really nothing special in fact it was a movie prop replica (I won't say witch movie because you will mock me.) it was new not old and it was something that made my dad very unhappy, we sat down and he tried to get a feel on the bracelet but he couldn't see into it. Finally he got up and asked me to put the bracelet on. I did so hesitantly the bracelet scraped against my skin as I fought to get it on and I hissed. After a few moments my dad asked me to try to take it off. I tried to get it off but it was being even more stubborn than usual and it hurt more than usual to get it off.

My dad said "It hurts doesn't it?" I looked at him a little scared because he didn't sound like my dad for a minute and he went on to say "It doesn't want to be put on. But when you put it on it doesn't want to come off."

After I took it off he tried to cleanse it somehow, it think he was trying to cleanse it with only his energy, soon I was gasping for breath. I felt like I was in a small enclosed space with the world getting smaller around me I couldn't breathe properly I couldn't really even think, I told my dad to stop he was confused but he did as I asked. I began speaking without even thinking about what I was saying. "It was a little boy... He was trapped... Your spell... He couldn't break away. He was panicked."

I don't fully remember what my dad was doing but I was taking deep breaths and trying to calm down. I think I went into a trance of sorts because I saw a little boy and what seemed to be a demon I tried to protect the little boy by letting down my own mental shields and the next thing I know the little boy is morphing into this dark malevolent shadow.

I heard a young girl\'s voice scream "NO!" just before my shield went up entirely and the monster was pushed away from me.

The little girl had been Grace I remain convinced to this day that she either saved my life or my sanity possibly even both.

My dad and I came to the conclusion that the bracelet had been made from metal from a car that had a boy in it when it crashed and he had remained attached to the car angry and bitter at his death.

I put the bracelet in a sink full of water and table salt to clean it, but it did no good, I still have the bracelet. I showed it to a friend the other day and he asked me to put it away because every fibre of his being was telling him to take the bracelet and destroy it.

Other hauntings by Halloween2013

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Halloween2013, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-02)
How in the world did I MISS THIS STORY? It must of been close to the time I joined but hey, I am wiccan too! I would have freaked out honestly and am glad you had your dad there.
T_A (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-02)
I'm somewhat interested about your bracelet and although it had been awhile I can help you and perhaps bless the object if you wishes so.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-16)
I am curious though, at what age did you start to see Grace and how did it happen?

Thank you for your time.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-16)
As I was reading this story I was waiting for the something to sort of prove the main idea, I guess?

I hate to say this but it sound almost like an over active imaginations. People will believe what they want, and sometimes we do like to believe we are "special", I'm not saying it's all fake, but at the same time I find it hard to believe as well. I think it would be even harder to believe had I been sitting there and watching you and your dad do this. I would probably think I'm being pranked. I just wouldn't get it. But still, all the best.
rynne (69 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-30)
Perhaps it is the writing style but I too am wondering what to make of it. I stopped at this point with quotation marks etc., wondering if it is a real experience written as a movie or story plot or a piece of writing work being passed as real experience:

We sat down and he tried to get a feel on the bracelet but he couldn't see into it. Finally he got up and asked me to put the bracelet on.
**
Will read your other post, to understand

...and this:

I did so hesitantly the bracelet scraped against my skin as I fought to get it on and I hissed. After a few moments my dad asked me to try to take it

My dad said "It hurts doesn't it?"
**
Calthrow (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-29)
Come on mir just because you think it sounds like a bad plot dose not make it so a spirit get attached to different things all the time I have seen some weird ones out there keep an open mind and holloween let me do some looking there are other ways to help the boy move on
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-27)
Can you really build a shield like that of Bella Swan in "Breaking Dawn" - Wow! That's soooooooo coooooool! 🤔
rhejhen (2 stories) (28 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-27)
Hmm... I'm with Miracles, I don't know how to say this. But your first story (Evil In The House) and this story doesn't have identical father of yours. Base on your first story, you did not describe your father like you did on this story. Sorry but it is really hard for me to believe on this story. Well, this is just my opinion. 😁
Halloween2013 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
elnoraemily

Sadly I am the only Wiccan in my family. But when my dad was young he dabbled in the Occult and he learned how to protect himself from evil things

In truth we had no proof who the little boy I had seen was or what had happened to him its just as possible he died in a factory accident where the bracelet was made (It says made in china)
As for the five pointed star you and I both know that the pentagram isn't evil others will believe that I worship Satan and make virgin sacrifices under the new moon

Wish-Not

I still keep the bracelet because I don't entirely know how to destroy it and in truth every time I take it out of its spot in my hidden jewelry box I feel and act different. One day I will be rid of it but right now its better of with me.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
HOLY MOLY! I'm with Rach, can't find the words...

Whew,Sigh...Umm curious as is elnoraemily as to the knowledge that your father has. It seems as though he has experience in some type but not sure what. He shows great sensitivity to things.

If the cleansing didn't work on the bracelet why do you still have it?

Good luck to you
elnoraemily (guest)
+4
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
What the others said.

Is your father a Wiccan? You mentioned spells. Can you elaborate a bit on that?

"My dad and I came to the conclusion that the bracelet had been made from metal from a car that had a boy in it when it crashed and he had remained attached to the car angry and bitter at his death."- Do you have any proof of that or is that just your feeling? The steel from cars is usually put towards building materials, because of how heavy of a gauge it is. There are a few designers who make jewelry out of cars like wrecked Lambos and Ferrari, but those are rare cars and rare jewelry.
If it is stainless steel, it is a different sort of steel than what cars are made of. Most jewelry is made from stainless because it does not corrode. Regular steel can also start rusting, so watch out of that. It can make you ill. If it was a movie prop, I would think that would make it out of stainless.

I do have to point out that a five pointed star facing up or down is still a pentagram. They are one of the oldest religious symbols in the world and are quite pretty. They are only evil symbols if you treat them as if they are evil symbols. The Mormons actually use them in Temple artwork.

This is getting weird and rambly.

Best wishes to you.
Halloween2013 (2 stories) (13 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
Miracles51031

Looking back at it now it really does, I wouldn't have believed it if it hadn't happened to me.

Rachness

Thank you for your kind thoughts and well wishes.
Rachness (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
I'm kind of lost for words and don't know what to think about this.
I think that it sounds like quite an experience.

I hope you're well.

Rach ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+5
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
Good grief. I'm sorry, but this just sounds like a plot to a really bad "B" movie.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: