You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Fairy In The Woods

Real Ghost Stories

Fairy In The Woods

 

My boyfriend and I were working for an environmental organization in Eugene, Oregon. One evening, we attended a work gathering in the woods outside of the city. The woods were owned by on old Dead-head with long flaming red hair who loved to spout nonsense and walked around with an intricately carved cane. The cane was carved by one of many boys in their early 20's who lived in the woods and made a living carving. They could do backflips from their standing feet, and when we went into the woods with them, they were flipping off of trees.

The owner of the woods took a liking to us and invited us to go on a short hike with him. He showed us numerous little cages set up around the walk and explained to us that the woods was infested with fairies and he was going to catch one. I remember catching my boyfriend's eye and smiling at that.

We stayed up all night, and the hour before dawn found us in the woods, sitting on a fallen tree alone together. A tiny creature about an inch or two long and light in color flew up to our faces and hovered in front of his nose. It wasn't a bug but it didn't look like Tinkerbell with hair and long limbs. A strange thing happened then. It was like a love spell. We went into a state of sweet amour and came out of it about 10 minutes later in a glade, lying on the ground with our shirts off.

We had never felt like that before together. In fact, I had never felt like that before ever, so graceful and light and good. I can see why he wanted to catch one! You can't bottle that stuff.

Other hauntings by Wildstar

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wildstar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-09)
Um... Ok. When I was young I had contact for a fairly long period with what I described to my parents as a fairy. I think I simply used the term because I didn't know the term spirit yet and I was using terms that seemed to best fit. I didn't include this in my account of my experiences as I only included high probability incidents. I consider this to have been a medium probability incident as my recollections are very vague. I still remember the name of the being I either interacted with or imagined way back then. But I don't think it was a literal fairy, just me not knowing a better term when I described it. Or of course it could have been entirely imagined. I would converse with her at the base of a particular tree in which I believed that she resided. Sometimes I would leave a little food there for her as a gift. Always gone the next day (but this bordered on bushland so there were possums, rats, mice, all sorts who would have been on it in a heartbeat). Anyway, the reason I rate that experience as medium rather than low probability is that the being I interacted with or imagined told me something that I did not previously know and when I informed my parents they confirmed it to be correct. Maybe I'll discuss this further later.

As for this story here... Carving acrobat ninja fairy hunters? I think I encountered them in Final Fantasy 7 (or maybe it was 9).
Sorry to be so direct in my criticism but I can't help but think that maybe the two of you had an encounter with raging hormones rather than a winged interloper...,
Carmen_Niklaus (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-08)
I have a hard time believing in the fact that you had an encounter with a Fae. It's not that I don't believe in them, still a little skeptical about them, but it's more along the fact of you two just waking up with your shirts off. 😆 😆

Anyway, if it's true, maybe the next time you go, grab a camera or one with night vision that goes on for 24 hours. Keep it rolling for the entire time and if you get footage, then I think we all will believe you 🤔
Wildstar (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-08)
Nope no drugs or alcohol it was a work trip! The girl who invited us also lived in the woods in a trailer. Don't know WHY exactly all 3 guys could flip, birds of a feather I guess. Not a fair a private wood.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-03)
They just happened to be random homeless kids who where staying with this strange character by random happenstance, yet they all made a living carving and all had the same skills in doing random back flips while standing still? Is doing back flips a trait of the homeless bands of boys in Oregon, because on my visits there, I do not recall that.

This story just seems to make very little sense to me.
I truly believe that BBJ and several others are quite correct when asking what substances you may have been on that night.

Honestly, it sounds as if you may have taken a reality altering substance and gone to one of the many interesting fairs that Oregon holds.

Also, you said many boys in the previous. Many and three don't seem to be related terms that often. Maybe that is me being picky, but that seems a bit strange.

I just... I don't know.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-03)
Ok, no offense, but I'm a cynical and untrusting sort and have to ask...
Did you and your boyfriend eat or drink anything these guys gave you? I wouldn't attribute any if this to fairies or any other paranormal phenomenon unless you've completely ruled out the influence of drugs. If anything was in your system this can most likely be written off as hallucinations. Sorry, but that's my impression of this.
Wildstar (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-03)
The young guys who make a living by carving were some of the many colorful itinerant homeless kids in and around Eugene. There are lots of them in the area. This particular crew totaled 3 and they were crashing in the woods as guests of the red haired guy. They were in their early 20's. In the morning we tripped the fairy cages that were set up, and we had some little homies (a quarter machine phenomenon) on the car dash so we put them around. The forest was old growth and about 15 minutes outside Eugene.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-08-29)
The reason I asked if it was near Mount Pisgah, is that every year there is a huge fair held there, like a Renaissance fair, but the focus is on 'fairie worlds'. Lots of folks in various costumes, music, camping, etc. My brother in Oregon found this page for us: http://faerieworlds.com/announcing-faerieworlds-2014-a-gathering-of-tribes/ Side note - he told me something like 6 or 8 people stay there year round, mostly old hippies and wannabes (wannabe whats, I'm not sure.) Anyway, it's possible that if the OP was in that vicinity, the old dude and his pals were having them on a bit. But the rest of the tale... Contact high maybe? Not sure any fae would just show themselves like that...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-29)
Picnic basket: ready
BS blanket: ready
Would anyone like to go to Oregon and have a picnic and frolic in the fairie's forest?
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2014-08-29)
It sounds like you and your boyfriend got bit by the love bug and got horny in the woods. I don't think a fairy made you guys... Hormonal 😐
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-28)
Curiosity got the best of me and I spent a few hours searching endless through the webs to find anything about a group in Oregon that makes it's living carving. I figure it's hard to make a living if you don't sell anything.

I then tried the same thing with the area Val asked about.

I hold my original stance and am going to skip away now.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-08-28)
Curious...would this have been at Mount Pisgah in the Howard Buford Park Recreation Area southeast of Eugene, Oregon?
DandelionQueen (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-28)
I come from a place with a deep cultural belief in fairies, and I've been to a few spots where they are supposed to reside - around here they tend to be associated with foggy, misty, barren places, places where there's an eerie feeling that makes it easy to understand why those stories exist. I even have a friend who claims to have been "fairy-led" one time while berry picking! But for some reason I have always had trouble believing that fairies are anything more than stories and folklore, despite my experiences with ghosts and spirits. But perhaps that's just a lack of willingness on my part. Either way, your story was entertaining! Be warned, though - in my culture, at least, fairies do not like people, and they will take action if you disturb them - so next time you go into those woods, put a piece of bread in your pocket to protect yourself!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-28)
Wildstar - just wondering if anyone was under the influence of anything.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-27)
I have to seat on the fence on this one. 😐
A forest infested with fairies? Really? - I hope the red haired old Dead-head showed you some evidence of them.
Perhaps some pictures, videos or something else.

Though, I guess it is possible that they belong among those many elusive creatures seen by many but whose existence hasn't been proved.

Thanks for sharing.
elnoraemily (guest)
+3
10 years ago (2014-08-27)
This story is a bit too strange and fantastical for me.

The description and the commune of fairy catchers who randomly do back flips just does not ring true to me.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-27)
Wildstar- Now that's something you don't hear about very often. So glad we (you) have a place like YGS to share. Sure gets me to thinking.

However, something like that is not meant to be caged. I believe that would be a major no-no!

Would love to hear more. Please share more!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: