You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Spirit In The Weeping Willow Tree

Real Ghost Stories

The Spirit In The Weeping Willow Tree

 

This story of mine takes place at my grandparents four years ago. I will give you a little bit of background information. My family is very spiritual and many of us have encountered spirits or some sort of entity. They believe that "weeping" willow trees are weeping due to spirits trapped inside (there is a story behind it but to long).

I was staying at my grandparents for the weekend when all of this happened. Like any other normal day my grandparents were working outside on their flower beds, the garden, etc.). My grandfather was trying to trim the leaves of the willow tree because they had grown so long it was starting to look funny. He got frustrated doing it and started cursing in French and calling the tree names. My grandmother was nearby and told him to stop trimming the leaves in such a way and to apologize because he was going to upset the spirits trapped in the tree. Of course he told her she was crazy and continued on the way he was. I know this all sounds crazy.

That night it was a full moon (strange coincidence?), everyone was up chatting since my mother and sister were also over. All of a sudden we heard this wailing it was so loud and high pitched. It almost sounded like a girl but at the same time an animal. The guard dog immediately started to cry and hid under the table (something he has never done). Things started to get scary. Since it didn't stop for about 3minutes my grandfather picked up his gun and went out on the balcony to see what it was, nothing was there. Then we all came out and nobody could see anything. We could just hear the wailing circling the house as if the spirit was running around it crying and even with the big flashlight, nothing. What really frightened us was that my grandfather was always in the woods behind his property and where he lived, he also was a hunter and man of the woods he knew animals and their specific sounds. The two neighbours they had even went outside in shock and couldn\'t see anything. We went inside terrified; we all knew my grandfather had upset the spirits in the tree. The crying didn't stop for two hours. After it stopped we all went to bed but me and my sister couldn't sleep.

We went home on Sunday and nothing happened again until a month later on another full moon. My grandparents phoned us the morning and told us the spirit came back around the same time for a few hours again. My grandmother told us that she was going to tell my grandfather to apologize to the tree or else it would happen again. He apologized and nobody has ever experienced anything like this since.

Has anyone heard of anything like this happening? Or experienced anything close to this?

Other hauntings by jasmine08

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jasmine08, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Someonewashere (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
We have similar beliefs like that in our culture, but what you had there was a freaky yet interesting experience.
Thanks for sharing...
Calthrow (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-30)
I would love to hear the story but to me all trees have a spirit in them so I am glad it is better please tell us more
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-29)
I was always taught that by my Great grandma, I called Maw Maw.
I don't think I have heard any real stories about them either. I would also be interested in your version.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-28)
I actually don't think it sounds crazy that your grandmother lectured him about ticking off the spirit living in the tree. I believe any tree, or really any plant bigger than a blade of grass, has the potential to house an elemental, so I can understand your family's belief concerning the willow tree. I am curious about the story behind it though, I always love a good story.
I can't say I've ever heard of anything quite like this, but your answer may be in the legend your family holds to. Interesting that it reoccurred with the moon phase, as if it were really trying to drive home the point of why the entity was upset. I love that your grandmother was able to get your grandfather to apologize, and happy that the apology put an end to the activity. Very interesting experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: