You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Someone Was Laying Next To Me

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Was Laying Next To Me

 

This happened a while ago when I was a teenager and lived at my parent's house. Both my dad and my brother were out of the country visiting family, so it was just my mom and I. It was the longest that my mom and dad had been away from each other and my mom took it very hard. She was very sad and often stayed up at night crying in the family room. To keep her company I slept in her room with her so she wouldn't feel as lonely, as much as I didn't like that room.

Now I have to say that growing up, my parent's bedroom was not our favourite place. My brother and I could never stay long in that room whether the light was on or not. There was an uneasy feeling in that room. Having grown up at that house, we were accustomed to that room always being some degree of cold. On some days it would be chilly, but on others it would be extremely cold, to the point where if you walked barefoot, it would actually start to hurt your feet- even in the middle of summer! Since we grew up with it, we thought that it was 100% normal. Seeing our breath in their room never alarmed us, and as kids we certainly never thought of the paranormal, ghosts, or anything like that being to blame. We just knew that that room was cold, and it gave us the creeps.

When we got older (teenagers), we became interested in the paranormal and tried to find a logical explanation for the cold. We found that, with our parent's help, that there was nothing wrong with the AC. The house was built in the 80s and we were the first family to live in the house. There was nothing structurally wrong with the house and we couldn't locate any drafts or anything that would let cold air in. My parents figured that their sliding door was to blame and had actually taped up giant sheets of plastic to try and 'block' the cold. By this point they admitted something was strange though, because they explained that although the sliding door never felt cold, it was the only thing they could think of. That didn't fix the problem though, and my poor parents had to bundle up with a lot of blankets to sleep. And as I said, the room was cold even in the summer and my parents were notorious for not turning on the AC so they could save money.

Looking back, I would say the house became more 'strange' as we grew older and the cold became more intense (to the point where you couldn't go barefoot anymore) in that room. Anyway, back to the story.

It was night and my mom was crying softly in the family room as per her nightly custom. I was emotionally exhausted by this point and went to bed and just waited for my mom to finish. I was on my side, and the only light was coming from the lamp down the hall in the family room. Suddenly I heard the springs creak and groan behind me on my mom's side of the bed and I felt the mattress slowly compress down, like someone was getting into bed. I actually felt weight next to me, like something heavy (like a person) was settling in for the night. At this point I know without a doubt that I was fully awake and not dreaming. I laid there confused for a moment because I heard my mom in the family room crying, so who was next to me in bed?! Without turning to look, I reached my arm over and felt nothing next to me, empty. I was so exhausted at that point that I just shrugged it off and fell asleep. My reasoning was if there had been something physically next to me, I'd have run off screaming. But since there wasn't anything physically there, I figured I could just doze off and be OK. Now if something like that happened to me now a days, I'd have run away like a headless chicken. Thanks for taking the time to read and I will surely tell more stories about growing up in my parent's house.

Other hauntings by Udon555

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Udon555, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tflores13 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-03)
This actually happened to me at my dad's house, the hairs on my neck actually stood up and I felt the dip in the mattress. I actually jumped out of bed and turned on the lights but nothing was there. Creepy stuff tho! 😭
Siinda (4 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-03)
I had something similar lime this happen to me and I can tell you sensing it is not as bad as seeing it. Its much worse when you open your eyes and a full body apparition is staring at you. Ick!
Rachness (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-28)
That sure sounds freaky! I would of had a heart attack most probably! Thanks for sharing your story 😊

I hope you're well.

Rach ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: