You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Attached From Childhood

Real Ghost Stories

Attached From Childhood

 

As a child starting from around 6 years of age until very recently at 17 years of age I have had strange reoccurring paranormal events. To help the validity of my story I will only state the most memorable and unexplainable of the events that I can think of.

The first occurrence I have ever had was when I was in my room at my mother's house at the time and it was late one night and I had woken up for some odd reason and in the opposite corner of the room I saw an ominous dark figure which startled me. Now I must remind you that I was 6 at the time so I still thought ghosts were the classic and stereotypical white sheets. I stared at it for what must have been 15 seconds then as fast as I woke up I had passed out.

Now, the reason why I believe what I saw is because of just how strong the memory had been imprinted in my mind. I still remember it like it was a few weeks ago. After that first occurrence, the same event but with different figures occurred almost monthly at different locations such as my father's house about 5 or 6 more times with me almost always passing out.

There was one figure out of the bunch which was particularly scary. It was a black figure which looked like a little girl that was dancing on air above my dresser... It still haunts me and now I can't watch horror movies with ghost children. Then, as suddenly as the events started, they had ended. Now, that was the first "wave" of experiences. I say this because I seem to experience the same thing over and over then its stops.

There have always been reoccurring paranormal events over the years which seem to happen every year or so when I sometimes struggle to get to sleep and something seems to "claw" at the top of the pillow once very distinctly and aggressively. Now, I try to be a sceptic about most of my experiences and try to find a way to explain why they happen and most of the time I can debug them but this reoccurring experience is strange. It has happened in many different parts of the house as well. I can go on for hours writing down all my experiences but I will finish up with my latest experience which has landed me on the couch for the last few months.

A few months ago I had moved into my new bedroom upstairs which most of the upstairs had been under construction for about 15 years because my dad had a very serious back injury which prevented him from finishing everything. I had a nice secluded bedroom upstairs with a nice TV and a very comfortable bed and it was cool. I was able to sleep up there for 3 days but on the 4th day, trouble hit...

It started with something brushing my leg lightly around twice which I easily dismissed as my mind playing tricks on me, but then you wouldn't believe what happened next, my TV went static... Then I sat in utter silence except for the static for 10 minutes paralyzed then I panicked and walked as fast as I could down the steps of the stairs and halfway down I heard a giant collapse behind me... I didn't look back...

So those are a few of my most significant experiences with the paranormal... I have had many more through the years but none as strange as the ones listed... They have all occurred around different places and times in my life so I guess I either have a spirit attached to me or I have become paranoid... Comments and questions about my story are encouraged, thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AngryMada, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dropdeadfred (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Hi when you have this paralysis are you on the verge of going to sleep like peoples incubus, sucubus experience's?
Chancelor (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-08)
I'll like to know more! Yours is really different than others!
22aya (10 stories) (11 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-29)
I'm curious about the collapsing sound as well. Did you go back later to investigate, to see if anything had fallen/been thrown? Do these events only occur with you, or do your other family members also experience things? I hope you feel at ease soon and that you can reclaim your room. Sorry to hear about your dad.
jwarren (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-28)
Yeah I don't know about that last experience you described. Did you ever find out what the collapsing noise was?
AngryMada (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-28)
Yea... I can agree about what you said that maybe it was me when I was little but what really frightened me was my most recent experience with my upstairs bedroom. When that happened, I was wide awake and everything that happened at once can't just be coincidence.
jwarren (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-28)
Very interesting. I would point out that since most of your experiences seem to happen around times when you are having trouble sleeping, perhaps they are just the product of a tired mind? But then who knows, maybe you have trouble sleeping BECAUSE of the entities presence.

I have often had weird feelings in dark rooms but have never actually seen anything that didn't end up being a hat stand or my girlfriends dress hanging on the closet, but I have also always believed that I would at some point.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: