You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Ghost In The Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost In The Bedroom

 

I've been an extremely avid reader of Your Ghost Stories for a while now and too fascinated with things pertaining to the paranormal world. I've been reading a lot about spooky experiences coming in from people around the globe.

On reading such true stories here, that's when I felt I must include one of my personal experiences encountered, something that happened to me a year back and another that happened like 15 years ago during my teenage years.

So the incident goes like this (a year back in 2013). I live in Mumbai and a typical Mumbai girl at heart. This incident happened one July weekend (Saturday) wherein we, a group of close friends decided to party through the wee hours of the night. The place I live in is the suburbs, Santacruz, and considering it was a weekend and upon my girlfriend's suggestion, I decided to head straight to her place located in Borivali post the late night clubbing.

Honestly, I've at times witnessed some paranormal moments in the past, certain happenings which I recall that still send a chill down my spine until date.

So after the night's clubbing, we drove our way to my friend's place at Borivali and since she owns a 2 BHK apartment, she offered me the 2nd vacant bedroom to rest for the night while she carried on in her room to retire along with her husband and son. I know as much I wasn't drunk because I'm not at all a heavy drinker, neither was I hallucinating. But this night really got me uncomfortable as I struggled to have my fair share of sleep thus keeping the lights on (for the fear of darkness when alone). I remember the time, it was close to 3.00 am and after an hour I managed to fall in deep slumber only sooner to have woken up by some strange manly breathing sound that I could hear from a distance.

Of course, there wasn't anyone in my room as I had latched it from inside, besides, her windows were always shut and drawn by curtains, and so with her entire home (please note, for the fear of lizards entering).

As I was woken up by these strange manly strong breathing sounds, to my utter disbelief and shock this kept getting stronger and closer towards me. While I was at the other end of the bed in utmost shock, I didn't even have the courage to stand up or do anything possible because of my mind going blank at witnessing something so unnatural like that.

It's said, prayers come to your rescue when in difficult situations always. I gathered all my courage and started narrating the Hail Mary/Holy Mary continuously, me being a Roman Catholic girl. And indeed that surely helped in no time. The breathing sounds I witnessed kept getting faint and finally disappeared in thin air. Surely I was relieved by the outcome and quickly stood up and ran across the hall sitting closer to the altar just trying to come to terms with what I experienced, that's when I don't recall when I fell asleep on the couch.

I was later woken up by my girlfriend (whom I won't disclose her identity here) as she had to wake up every morning to fetch home delivered fresh milk at the door from the milkman. She knew something did go wrong which later, while at the breakfast table I did narrate the entire incident to her. At first she refused to believe me as it was almost a year she had been living there with her small family, but then in the end she did give in possibly assuming this may have happened considering her home wasn't blessed ever since she moved in with her husband and son then.

I realize this isn't as spooky from the ones most of you have experienced and narrated here, but just something from my personal experience that I wanted to share with you all, although I admit, those sounds of heavy breathing still do send chills down my spine whenever I recall that horrid moment.

Thank you all for your time, hope this one was of interest to you. I honestly until date cannot come to terms with what that was but yes, it sure was scary enough for me to have personally dealt with. Thank you!

Other hauntings by Larissa81in

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Larissa81in, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Chanukya007Varma (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-21)
Hi Larissa... Do you had any interest to create an WhatsApp group of entire south India... To share our feelings... We can share them instantly... Here we go... My number is 9959959497... Create a group or I will
Chanukya007Varma (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-21)
Hi to the narrator... I just here to know while hearing the sounds what's the time and is there any mirrors in the room...
bhavi (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-06)
hi thanks for sharing your expirience... I too live in borivali. Good that whatever it was didn't harmd you... And your friends are safe and sound... Theres a saying in our family that always purify the new house bought or rented... We perform satyanarayan pooja in new house...
Larissa81in (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-04)
Chin2Raval, I second that! Indeed, I will from here on, my faith will always stand by me and so with things pertaining to my belief in God in the form of a Rosary, scapular or holy picture. That incident gave restored my faith in the Almighty even more as it proved to me, take it to the Lord in prayer and your prayer will be granted 😊
Chin2Raval (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-04)
Hi Larissa18in. See remember one thing, whenever you go to any place always keep your God's belongings. Like picture,bracelate,neckless,pendant etc. You never know which unknown place contains how Vibes or energy. This incedent shows that you feel that energy and when you praise the god it vanished away. So surely its not an illusion. Have faith in God. Thank You and God Bless!
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-03)
Hi, Larissa81in... Thanks for your reply... It's very good that your friend didn't experienced anything.
😁
Larissa81in (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-02)
Hey SDS,

Thank you for your concern. Well, I wouldn't say my friend is a non-believer to the paranormal world. Of course, where there is good there is evil too. I've personally heard incidents from her in and around her locality which she's casually told me about.

I understand she maybe refusing to believe me as she still lives there and another reason being, her husband keeps shuffling between his job at the rig offshore and back home every 28 days, so taking that into consideration and realizing the fact she has to live there alone with her toddler son in her husbands absence, sure she doesn't want to buy my story, and with all due respect.

About the apartment, its a rented one she's living in for more than 2 years today, but she hasn't witnessed anything until date in that house so far from what she's told me. Of course, from what I know is, the house was locked for a couple of years before it was set for leasing. Thank you!:)
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-02)
Hello Larissa81in, first of all, welcome to YGS. I just want to know is your friend a non-believer in paranormal or just merely refusing to believe what you say? You said that she is living there even now. Then, if she is a believer, why don't you ask her to do some research. And I also want to ask you if she had bought the flat from some one else? If so, then, you can also enquire about the previous owners/tenants to the neighbours. Well, I mean you means, either you or your friend. That could throw more light.

Please keep us informed of any further information.

Thanks for sharing and I am happy to note that you are safe.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Larissa81in (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-02)
Hi Clouds123, thank you for your concern. Yes, indeed, I am safe and like I said, prayers always come to ones rescue. Thank you!
Larissa81in (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-02)
Hey Sheetal, Yes she still lives there with her family but when confronted with her, she refused to believe me as she herself never really experienced anything like this ever in the past:)
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-02)
Hi,Larissa81in Welcome to YGS... Nice story... Is your friend still living there? Has she also experienced strange happenings in house?

Regards,
😁
Clouds123 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-01)
Wow interesting story and I'm glad that your safe!
If you do not wish to hear them again try to pray to god as a regular routine as it will help!
Best wishes!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: