You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Lady On The Terrace

Real Ghost Stories

Lady On The Terrace

 

This will be my second story I'm about to share with you all. Like I mentioned in my first post, this one rewinds back to 15 years ago in the days when I was at high school.

We are a one big extended family with a huge bunch of 12 cousins and every weekend we made it an attempt to unite at my grandma's home to spend some of our quality time together as one happy family. Let me describe the building where my grandma lives, which was Building No - I, and bang opposite to hers, stood building No - II.

My cousin sister, whom I'm very close to, always used to complain about unnatural sightings that she used to personally witness from the terrace of the opposite building whenever we would all meet at my grandma's home every weekend. I, being a chicken heart already, always used to shrug off telling her, she was rather having a nightmare or imagining things herself in the pretext of making her and myself at ease.

My cousin at that time was in her teenage years those days, catching up on late night sleep, movies, listening to music, hence she would always end up sleeping late in bed while I was always the one to grab my sleep whenever I could at every given opportunity.

During the course of the night while she was on her Walkman enjoying to some good country music and head facing up staring at the star studded sky from her window nearby our bed, she was suddenly taken aback with something that left her in a state of disbelief.

What she actually noticed was a lady standing towards the corner end of the terrace in bright white clothing with her jet black hair left open to an extent it touched the parapet of the last floor flat of that building (this was a 5 storey building).

Obviously, in her sane mind, she wondered why would a lady want to stay up at that part of the night on the terrace alone, with her back facing my cousin's view and this lady staring at her opposite direction? This was one doubt that she had in mind, the other, when she checked to confirm the time when it was too late, close to around 2:45 am.

My cousin ignored this sight for that moment assuming it was okay for someone who wasn't getting sleep just like her, to have them walk up to visit the terrace just for the heck of it or enjoy some cool breeze. While she ignored that and tossed herself to the side where I was asleep just to distract herself, her mind wasn't at ease somehow and for curiosity's sake, she decided to give it another look towards the direction of the terrace again from where she lay asleep on bed with me.

This time what she saw was the same lady staring at the same direction of our window at my cousin sister with no face (like a deep hollow black look), holding a toddler who had just the length of hair as this identity. Of course, a toddler of 2-3 years cannot have hair flowing to 7 meters long, can they? This obviously came as a shocker to my sister who immediately woke me up despite the many attempts to show me what she had personally witnessed. The third shocker was when I was finally woken up by her, I saw nothing and no one on the terrace the way she did.

Of course, I was mad at her, firstly for waking me up from deep sleep and secondly, I assumed it was a joke she was trying to play on me at that part of the night to simply scare me off. In the morning, my family realized she wasn't being herself and looked pretty disturbed from her normal well being, when confronted, that's when she discussed with us all about what she witnessed and that she meant every word when she woke me up too at night.

Well, after that night, whenever we cousins met at my grandma's place for the weekend, she ensured she would get a bedroom that wasn't facing that building anymore in particular and slept with more family members in the room for safety sake. I personally wonder whatever that was which she experienced was true as my sister isn't the one to play such serious jokes on anyone especially pertaining to the supernatural.

Hope this was interesting to you all, sorry for the lengthy description. Please definitely drop in your comments on this one and let me know what you think of this. Thank you for your time and stay safe!

Other hauntings by Larissa81in

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Larissa81in, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-21)
Hi, Larrisa thanks for your reply... I know our elders never wants to scare us... 😁
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-06)
Fun story. You probably didn't think so as kids, but it's a good read. Yes, it would be cool if your family had any info about their own expieriences there. Thankyou for sharing.
Larissa81in (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-04)
[at] Sheetal, yes we did discuss this to my grandma, however, when I saw her reaction, she didn't seem surprised or shocked (assuming she may have known about the whole thing in detail) but didn't want to scare us even more about it since we were kids then. I'm sure she was hiding things from us and not wanting to disclose that incident for the sake of our added fear and well being, but I don't blame her 😊
Larissa81in (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-04)
[at] elnoraemily, yes it sure was scary, even more, as seeing is believing. Thankfully I didn't witness the scene after being woken up by my cousin but this incident until date does send those chills down her spine only recalling about this. Thank you.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-03)
Well, that is frightening!

I don't have much else to say on this, but it was a good read with very good imagery. I could perfectly picture what your account lays out.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-03)
Hi, Larissa... Scariest one... I can imagine fear faced by your cousin... Just one question You must have discussed to your grandma. What she said about this? Any bad history of that building and any one has also seen that entity.

Please revert...

Regards, 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: