You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Bright Light

Real Ghost Stories

Bright Light

 

Last night my husband and I were in the kitchen. I was facing him, talking to him. It was around 6 pm. All of a sudden this bright, bright light was shining in my eyes. I couldn't see his face anymore. It was there for a split second and then burst into little lights making a crackling and popping sound. It was like the flash on a camera only brighter. He had the same experience from where he was standing. We checked the lights in the kitchen and the rest of the downstairs of the house. Nothing was blown out. The light was blinding, it was so bright.

Last Friday, our new ceiling fan stopped working for no reason.

Last week, our new puppy was fixed on our headboard barking at something only he could see. He was barking and growling at the headboard. There was nothing that I could see there. When I put him on the floor, he just ran back up to the spot on the bed and kept growling and barking at something he was seeing. This was 3PM. Our bedroom is on the second floor, so it wasn't anything outside and we don't have a neighbor next to us.

About a month ago we were watching Taps. One of our printers (which we no longer use) turned on and printed out a blank page. The computer was not on and no one was near it. That was really eerie.

We have had other experiences in the past - a few years back. Stereo turning on for no reason in the middle of the night.

I am really becoming concerned that there is activity in our house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Icesis458, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

gogreenjessi (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
i would say poltergiest, however you both saw the light. A poltergiest attaches to a certain ONE person. Whatever is in there, seems to communicate best through electronics.
Probably uses the electronics' energy in order to manefest.
My puppy barks at ghosts too! Haha
Animals are pretty sensitive though.
BEST OF LUCK!
~Jessi
racer123246 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
Do you still have the paper? If so, possibly get a black light and turn it on to see if it says anything. Just a suggestion.
Icesis458 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
Yes, I agree there is something in my house. I spoke to a local organization and the group leader told me to go from room to room and tell the spirit(s)that its time to move on. So, I did just that. I told the spirit leave my house - to go to the light just as I was instructed. So far everything has quieted down, but I don't know for how long.

I have had other experiences in the past in this house. The house is 100 years old. I know for a fact one of the previous owners died in the kitchen. Anyway, when I got my other puppy in Nov. 2002, one day she was in the hallway and clearly was playing with something unseen. Her eyes were fixed on something. I could see her from the living room. It was 4:30 pm. I then heard a man's voice, really low, mumbling in a playful voice talking what sounded like baby-talk, like you would do to an infant. I thought it was my husband. I said from the living room "Boy, you're home early..." No response - just the dog playing and tail wagging looking up at something. (I thought my husband was around the corner and I just couldn't see him.) No answer. I repeated my words. Still no answer! So, I got up and went into the hallway - no one was there! I was sooo creeped-out. I picked up my little dog and went across the street to my parents' house and waited until hubby finally came home. My Dad is skeptical. He's an engineer and says there's a scientific or reasonable explanation for everything. He said I probably dozed off on the couch and was dreaming. I was not sleeping or even napping. I was dusting the furniture. It seems that whenever I get a new dog, the dog gets a visit. I think it's my deceased uncle who I was very close with. I think he comes to see my new dogs. What do you think?
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-08)
Icesis, thank you for sharing your story with us. This has to be one of the first in which I have read of a blinding light that explodes into smaller lights with sound, very interesting. I am in agreement with Athena, document all the happenings to the best of your ablity and then if you feel the need you can contact a local group and see if they would be available to do an investigation.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-08)
For what it's worth, just know that I, for one, believe everything you said and I am super skeptical. Most "supernatural" occurrences are anything but and almost all have a grounding in contemporary physics. But not all. I believe some of what you are experiencing is not yet explainable through current scientific modes of interpretation. This can be scary, but just remember that humans were once afraid of lightning and birth defects--two things we understand fully, today.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-07)
You must think it's activity to submit it here, right? If you feel like it is- then it likely is part of what is going on. Beings usually use what is at their disposal in order to interact. If you have electrical issues then they will surely use that as a means. I started wondering if it was activity when you said the computer printed out a page by itself. Do you have a fax machine? If so than can it fax while the computer is off? Also, I bet you could pull off a very good investigation by yourselves. Start writing down everything that happens and date/time it. Then using your very good education via TAPS you can investigate! And just in case you want to call some other investigators in they will really appricate looking at the evidence you gathered. 😉
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-06)
Hi, Icesis458! Do you know that pets are very sensitive? Your puppy was just barking at the strange something that only he could see. I think there is definitely something there but it sounds like a prankster. The light flashing, the light not working and the printer running are just something fooling with you. 😊
Abercrombie (2 stories) (45 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-06)
Yeah, I think melissa is on the right track but I would also try to hire TAPS to come to your house and run tests and blah blah blah. Good luck!
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-06)
Wow. It sounds like a few scenes from "Poltergiests"! Maybe you should have your house blessed. Thanks for the story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: