You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted House 1: Ghost Stories Continued

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted House 1: Ghost Stories Continued

 

I have a few other experiences in the house I used to live in with my family. This is a continuation of the previous story about "The Dark Hound". These incidences and observations occurred various - and sometimes numerous - times throughout my time in that house. As stated previously, the house was built around the 1950's and was renovated just before the year 2000. Unfortunately, these are otherwise mundane occurrences, but present nonetheless.

A Terrible Feeling:

Initially, before I ever really concluded paranormal phenomena to actually exist, definitively, I had always 'felt' as though something in the house was a bit 'off'. However, I never outwardly thought that it was anything other than some form of light paranoia. I never really understood what was meant by "feeling as though someone is watching you". Now that I am a bit more familiar with the feelings and descriptions, I believe this is what I was truly experiencing.

There are several areas in the house that have that dread-like tactility to it. My bedroom was relatively fine; however, my closet - in the corner of the room - was quite intense. There were no doors on the closet so my mother decided it would be a great idea to place one of those telescoping poles in the opening and having a sheer curtain hanging down in the place instead. Needless to say, I always kept it wide open. Even though I felt as though it was paranoia, I much rather see what is there than have it hide behind doors; or especially sheer curtains.

Another strange feeling that occurred in my room, and I most definitely chalked it up to be paranoia, was a feeling like something was under my bed. The thing is, however, that my bed frame was flat on the ground and there wasn't a space to actually go under. Nevertheless, I felt much safer keeping my arms and legs from hanging over.

The second area that gave off this eerie feeling is the hallway described in The Dark Hound Story. On the main floor there is a short hallway that connects the open-concept kitchen/dining room with the large living room. Along the hallway are three doors: a pantry door, a small bathroom, and the glass door that leads to the basement. For whatever reason (I assume it comes from the basement), whenever you were to look from either end of the hallway into the room beyond the hallway, that same familiar feeling would seem to emanate from it.

The third area is quite an issue. There is a large bathroom upstairs where all the bedrooms are. It feels as though there is an ever-constant presence there which is quite intense. The bathroom is about 12x14 feet, and in the back left corner is a very small secondary room that has a toilet in it. That area where the door is to the second room always felt, and even looked, darker than the rest of the well-lit bathroom. Whenever I (or anyone else for that matter) would shower, I would find myself always staring at that dark area of the room from within the fogged glass of the shower door.

The thing is, anyone who stays at that house has these same feelings in the same areas. The intensity from which each area appears to give off this feeling of darkness, or something watching you, is also experienced at the same volume from person to person.

Soft Breaths:

Despite those terrible feelings of being watched, or dark, foreboding areas, there were not-so-horrible incidences as well. On several occasions while growing up in that house, I experienced these "soft breaths" at least once every several months. It almost exclusively occurred right before I was going to fall asleep in my room. Initially, I chalked it up to being in a state of "semi-dreaming" where I would be conscious, but just about to slip into a dream.

For the most part it always sounded very feminine. It was always a single breath, let out in what I would describe as a sigh of relief, or what I would picture to be the final breath before someone peacefully passes away. It wasn't terribly quiet, nor very loud. It was if someone were floating in the air around one or two feet above me, face to face. You could recreate this sound easily by having someone standing above you at a similar distance; and if your eyes are closed, you would still know precisely where they were. I never felt the breath, though. I could only hear it.

The sound was always the same (if not very similar). However, I never really believed it actually occurred until one night when my fiancee was in my bed with me. We were lying on our backs, side by side, just laying there talking. At one point we had stopped talking, and that's when it occurred. It was slightly louder this time, and formed in a way as if whatever made it was trying to get our attention and that was the only sound it could make. We both heard it, at that same distance over our faces. It was noticeably different than what my fiancee would naturally make herself, and emanating from a different area from where she was. She is much more familiar with paranormal activity, and despite her much more intense, drastic experiences, she has yet to audibly hear something that was paranormal. Nevertheless, it both surprised us, yet neither of us felt any fear, anxiety, or distress.

Phantom Bowl:

One night around 3:00am, when I was around 15 or so, everyone was sleeping. Suddenly, I wake up to an incredibly loud crash coming from the main floor, as if a window was smashed in. I jump out of bed and grab a baseball bat that was in my room. Running into the hallway, I see my parents had came out of their room as well. They check my sister's room, she's still asleep. My father and I head down to the main floor, we don't see anyone, nor do we see any broken glass. We look around the kitchen, his office, the living room and dining room, no signs of anyone, and no glass.

We're near the basement door, my other sister woke up as well (her room is in the basement), she says she heard a crash coming from the main floor. We look outside to see if there was an accident on the nearby roads, but we see nothing.

The last place we look is in the hallway that leads to the back door - coincidentally, that same hallway where I had that "Dark Hound" experience. On the floor just before the backdoor (and the exact place where I heard the Dark Hound for the very first time) is a ton of broken glass. The door was locked and the windows on the door had not shattered. The glass appeared to be from some kind of very thick bowl, but we have no shelves in that area, and no bowls that look like what the glass would have looked like if it were not shattered. It was the size of a mid-sized salad bowl, yellow-white in colour, and clouded. My mother only has plastic salad bowls, and did not recognize it.

My parents cleaned it up, and never really put much thought into it. I still have no idea how that thing ended up in our house, and further yet, had shattered in an area that has no shelves, with the door locked, and no sign of an intruder.

Thank you for reading, and please feel free to comment with your opinions and own stories!

Other hauntings by M1cr0b1al

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, M1cr0b1al, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-16)
Lesleighra: I, and others, have a feeling as if there are a number of different 'entities' in that house. The feeling one gets from each individual experience is quite drastic. As I stated, the 'breathes' were entirely peaceful and non-threatening. However, the emanating darkness from specific parts of the house are intensely threatening.
Lesleighra (2 stories) (18 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-15)
This is interesting. Do you think possibly this "spirit" may just want it's presence known? It doesn't seem that this one in particular means any harm though I don't blame you for being freaked out because I definitely would be. I find it weird that the glass that was broken wasn't initially in the house...creepy
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-09-15)
MidnightPhantom - the reason I deleted your comment is because you asked for an explanation about your experience on someone else's story. If you would like advice and/or help, please submit your experience as a story of its own, not in the comments section of someone else's story. Not only is it rude to the author of that story, but you may not get the advice you are looking for. If you do submit your story, please follow the guidelines.

M1cr0b1al - I know your comment looks like you are talking to no one and I apologize for that 😉
M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-15)
Thanks for the comments. MidnightPhantom, Yes, I believe this form of activity is pretty common, you'll notice it many times in others' stories as well. It kind of makes me think that it's all they have energy to do, sometimes.

Shivnarayan: Thanks for the offer, unfortunately, I'm not very keen on religious solutions to such problems. It would be a bit hypocritical of me to believe such things, considering I'm an Atheist. Nevertheless, if nothing else were to solve the issues, then I wouldn't be opposed to considering your advice; it wouldn't hurt - although usually those actions require a firm believe and trust in those actions themselves, or the god (s) I may be attempting to call upon, in which I am unsure if I could convince myself of their validity.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-09-15)
shivnarayan, I realize you're new here, so let me suggest taking a look at our commenting guidelines in particular this part-
◾This site offers discussions on the topic of ghost experiences, with people coming from various cultures, so please avoid proselytizing or preaching, unless the author of a story specifically asks to receive feedback from that religious perspective. This site is not about religious beliefs, it is about actual personal paranormal experiences and exploring reality with an open and investigative mind so we can actually learn more about the paranormal, with the same empirical mind set that made science so successful in other fields. Religions have a lot of wisdom to offer in terms of personal spirituality, but they can also limit our knowledge of the world with old superstitions and unproven dogmas. It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact.

We all have our own systems of belief, even those of us who don't follow an organized path. Try to respect those beliefs in your comments. No one is here to be converted.

This comment from shivnarayan is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: