You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Am I Crazy? Or Is It Real?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Crazy? Or Is It Real?

 

I'm Marie. I don't exactly know when this started happening. A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with diabetes. I'm not sure if this has anything do with it or not. Sometimes I don't sleep at night. But in the morning I feel really weird. My head is foggy and I can't think. I see someone coming towards me, but then they just disappear. I hear voices sometimes too. I can never make out what the voices are saying to me. It's creepy and it really scares me. I'm pretty sure I'm just going crazy, but honestly I don't know.

I'm suffering depression right now. Someone told me to go to hell. I said I've been there. I never meant to say that though. It's like something made me say it. I obviously never have been to hell. The person that told me to go to hell said my eyes looked different. That I l didn't look like myself. I'm on anti-depressant medication, but my depression is getting worse.

I think I'm just crazy. I've been through a lot in life and I don't want to see ghost or spirits. I wouldn't be able to take it. It would drive me crazier and I'd lose my mind. This can't happen to me. If this is real and I'm not crazy how will I get rid of seeing these things?

I'm scared! I'm really scared! I don't want this to happen to me. I need someone to tell me that I'm just crazy and that I need to sleep at night. I just hope this isn't happening to me. This is something that I won't and can't just push aside. Please tell me what to do. I need help. Let me know what you think ASAP. I need advice.

-Marie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Haunting_Marie13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-17)
I am going to have to argue with you on that, Christine.

I think advising someone whose medications, insomnia and depression to not seek out a psychiatrist who specializes in that field is a bad idea.

Psychiatrists are medical doctors who specialize in certain fields of mental imbalances. They have the ability to write scripts, diagnose and personally treat issues such as depression, insomnia, ect. You also get to lump that with a therapy session, in which they get to figure out the root of issues so they can properly treat them. Because they are medical doctors, they are able to also work with other illnesses, such as diabetes, and around those medications as well.

Doctors typically misdiagnose mental imbalances around 50% of the time. A psychiatrist may have to test out different medications to figure which one works best for you personally, but they have much higher success rate when it comes to these sorts of things.
Cristine (41 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-17)
You are not crazy, but you are suffering from a multitude of things that are causing these hallucinations and delusions that you are being attacked by ghosts. Let's start with your Diabetes, which my brother is insulin dependent. When you blood sugar gets too high or too low, it causes all sorts of things to go wrong. Your heart beat increases, you get sweats, you panic, anxiety sets in and it creates your mental fog because your body is under attack of not enough or too much glucose. The second issue that is just as serious is your chronic depression. Depression is a milder form of mental illness that creates so much mental break-down that it feels like you are a walking zombie, especially when you are not adequately treated with the right medication. Depression causes your brain chemistry to change, slightly, but if you are in serious despair; you can be dealing with something else along side depression, such as with Bipolar. Don't jump to conclusions that you have Bipolar as that is something only a medical doctor can diagnose. The other problem that you are dealing with is insomnia and that is a very common symptom of someone having Bipolar because depression makes you sleep all the time. Insomnia causes hallucinations and nightmares, and night terrors, and even so far as being delusional. If you do in fact have Bipolar or Depression/Bipolar, what will happen if you are not correctly treated and diagnosed is that the Bipolar symptoms will increase, thus causing you to become psychotic. You do not want to get that way. I have been there, having Depression/Bipolar, myself. Find another doctor in the mental health field, does not need to be a psychiatrist.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-16)
I would go to a mental health clinic in your city and get as much advisement as possible on which psychiatrist in your city specializes in depressive issues. Especially with other health issues, it's very important that all medications work together fluidly.

It can be an uphill battle at times to get listened to, but it is worth it in the end.
Lesleighra (2 stories) (18 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-15)
Have you been to a sleep specialist? Finding a doctor who is willing to work with you can be trying and also exhausting.
Haunting_Marie13 (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-15)
I've seen various amount of doctors, but no one has been able to help me out. I'm not really sure who else to see and what I'm supposed to do.
Lesleighra (2 stories) (18 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-09-15)
Marie,

What some of these people have commented are absolutely true. I have suffered from depression for over 10 years. When I was pregnant with my first child, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. It affected the way my anti-depressant worked with my body because of the changes in my blood sugar. I had mild hallucinations and suffered from insomnia. My ob-gyn changed my anti-depressant two times in order to find the right one for me. So please see your doctor and explain what is going on. I understand that suffering from depression can be exhausting and take a huge mental toll on a person, but with help from the right doctor you can lead a normal life. You're not crazy. I will send prayers your way:)
Niksterrific (19 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-15)
You are certainly NOT crazy! I agree with some previous comments, that perhaps your medication may need to be changed or adjusted. I too suffer from Depression, so I know how difficult and scary life can seem at times. These experiences you are having, do they happen only at night, sorry I didn't understand whether or not these things were happening in the morning when you awoke, or if you had been experiencing these things only at night. If it is only happening at night, you may also suffer from night terrors, which is common with depression. Night terrors are TERRIFYING and can seem so completely real. Go to your doctor, tell him or her, what is happening to you and if they can't do much to help you, you could also try a Medium. I'm so sorry that you are suffering like this, and hope your future will only get better and that you may find happiness again. As for the Diabetes, follow the diet, get some exercise (which can be hard to do when in a depression), stay on top of it, and you will do great!
elnoraemily (guest)
+5
10 years ago (2014-09-15)
You need to get a new consult on your depression and switch off that medication.

A lot of times, depending on your hormonal makeup and personal imbalance, some anti-depressants can worsen your condition.

Depression is very unique to the individual. I would sincerely suggest getting a good psychiatrist who is willing to test you on a different medications and find one that makes you stable. Be very careful and make sure you carefully read up on every medication. Some side effects can be very severe. Insomnia is often included in those side effects and can lead to hallucinations if it is too prolonged.

Also, look into changing up your diet under the advisement of your doctor. Certain chemicals in food can worsen your condition.
Avoiding things like refined sugars, fake sugar, alcohol and fast food have been shown to improve mental states to some extent, mainly because of how your body reacts to those sort of chemicals. Please consult your doctor before changing any sort of diet routine. Especially with diabetes, these are things that you should be avoiding already.

Let me stress this point: you are NOT crazy. You have depression and that is nothing to be ashamed of, nor does it make you crazy. There are reasons you are experiencing what you are and those experiences can be remedied. I do think your blood sugar is playing a huge role here.
As someone with hypoglycemia, I know very well how blood sugar can effect your body and mind. Combine that with a lack of proper sleep and a possible mistreatment of depression via the wrong sort of medication, and it's a recipe for a horrible time.

Please get yourself a good psychiatrist who specializes in depression and let them know that your medications are not working out correctly.

If your sleep problems persist with medications, getting a sleep study done can also help. They will monitor your brain waves and get to the bottom of what is the main cause of your sleep issues.

You are not crazy. Not at all.

I hope that this situation gets fixed for you so you can resume a happy life. My most positive vibes are going out to you and I am fully confident that you will find your way.

Best wishes to you.

This comment from shivnarayan is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

BadJuuJuu (guest)
+5
10 years ago (2014-09-15)
Well, to be completely honest, I don't think you're experiencing paranormal activity or going crazy.
It sounds like you need to have a chat with your doctor about adjusting your medications. The hallucinations in the mornings could easily be a result of your blood sugar dropping too low at night. Blood sugar rising too quickly can also cause hallucinations, and in either case your doctor should be able to work with you to find a medication/dosage that works better with your body chemistry.
There are a lot, and I mean a LOT of different depression medications on the market. Different ones work better for different people, which is why there are so many. Let your doctor know that the one you are currently on doesn't seem to be working, and that you want to try something different. You have to be completely honest with your doctor. If he doesn't know that your current medications aren't giving you any relief, he can't help you find a better one. It's a certain amount of trial and error in picking the right medication, so it's important that you let your doctor know exactly what's going on.
Everyone experiences occasional insomnia, but if you're experiencing it regularly, again, talk to your doctor. The insomnia could be caused by the other issues you've mentioned, or be a side effect of your prescriptions. Either way, your doctor needs to know in order to make adjustments in your treatment. Since everyone is different, our doctors have to work with us as individuals. If your doctor is unwilling to work with you as an individual, find another one. Nothing you've related here indicates paranormal activity or insanity, it just sounds like you could use a few tweaks in your care.
So, chin up, sweetie, you're fine. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: