You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: A Haunted Nintendo Cartridge?

Real Ghost Stories

A Haunted Nintendo Cartridge?

 

So my boyfriend and I are big gamers, but since university has started back, we haven't been able to spend a lot of time together. Well, one Saturday we had planned to go to a flea market I'd heard about and go game hunting and spend the rest of the day playing together like we had over the summer.

When we were there, I found a classic Legend of Zelda cartridge and knew I had to have it (I'm a giant Zelda fan). I know this sounds cliché and you're expecting me to tell you the worker said I could just have it but to not bring it back, with an odd tone in his voice. But that's not what happened. I paid for it and was told I had a week long warranty and if I found a problem with the game to bring it back and I could have another game of equal or lesser value. After that my boyfriend and I strolled around the flea market for fun and he bought some beads that expanded in water. He said we could have a bead fight once they got big and squishy.

When we got home we popped the cartridge into my Nintendo and began to play. After two hours or so, we stopped and ate dinner at Red Robin's. When he dropped me off at home, he told me to go find some secrets in the game but he was heading home for the night.

When I turned on the Nintendo, I saw our file had been erased. I thought, "Great its battery ran dry. I'll have to send it back when the flea market opens up again next Saturday." But to double check I made a new file and saved it. Then I turned it off and back on. The file was still there. I sent my boyfriend a text telling him this and he said he didn't mind restarting because it was only a new reason to spend another whole Saturday on my couch spending time with his favorite person. So I continue off with my day.

The next day I come home and the kitchen and bedroom lights are off. I usually leave those on for the dogs. I also found the tulip scented wax that I put in my scent lamp splashed on my pillow. I called my mom to see if she had come home from work at any point in the day, she said she hadn't. So at this point I'm a little creeped out but brushed it off. I mean maybe I forgot to leave the lights on, right?

So a few weeks go by and things are pretty normal until one night I'm playing video games. Mom had a date that night and told me she wasn't coming home that night. So I'm playing my Xbox 360 and out of nowhere I hear my dog yelp and look over to see one of my Nintendo controllers had flown across the room and hit my dog, who was hiding in the corner with the controller at her feet. THAT, I couldn't brush off with a possible reason. So I shouted, "If you're real, stop hurting my dogs or I'm getting rid of the cartridge." And ever since then, the dogs haven't been hurt. But my door locks keep coming undone, the air conditioning switch keeps getting shut off, the TV will turn off and if the door is cracked, it'll slowly be shut with a rough slam.

Could this really be my game cartridge? Even though the spirit has calmed down, is this something that I should allow to continue?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LizzyFreeman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

piyuprmr (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-06)
it is very difficult to say what exactly it may be a co incident or maybe aparanormal issue in it like a demon or spirit as such
It is better not to play that game for while or if possible just get rid of that game
God bless you 😁
RadioGuy42 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-11)
Could be the spirit of the original owner.

I'd take the game back where you got it to be safe.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-16)
There is something to be said here for haunted possessions. It's definitely not unheard of in the paranormal world.

Giant speculation, but maybe the original owner of it died young and got rather jealous that you have it now?

Maybe since it's shown it can act out if it wants to, you should consider doing some sort of blessing that best fits your beliefs.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-15)
It is possible for a spirit to attach to an object... So it is POSSIBLE this cartridge is 'haunted'.

You could do as Open suggests and let your boyfriend borrow it and see if things begin to happen around his home...OR...you can go ask the folks at the Flea Market if they know where the cartridge came from.

Also make certain you are not making everyday household events into something they are not... Things like the game not saving could have a natural explanation. Start a Journal keep track of all the details of any odd events, then go back and check... Debunking is something we have to do so that real paranormal events can be separated form natural ones.

Thanks for sharing, please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
OpenSkeptic (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-15)
If you have had no "haunting" issues before, then you bring something into your house and all of the sudden strange stuff happens you don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to see what's going on. Get rid of the game and see what happens or give to your boyfriend and see if he experiences the same things.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: