You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Experiences at Night

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Experiences at Night

 

Hi everyone, I'm writing about some weird things I've experienced. They have all happened in my apartment, and usually around midnight. I've woken up around 12 o'clock a couple of times, and I once woke up at around 12:21 three times in a row.

One of these times, I woke up and since I was sleeping in the living room couch, I had a clear view of the bathroom. I was trying to go back to sleep when the bathroom light turned on! I got paranoid and looked around to see if there was anyone there. There wasn't, and I got freaked out good and forced myself to just go to sleep.

Another time, around 12, I got up to use the bathroom. Just as I was going back to bed, I heard a slam and turned around to see that a closet door in the hallway just going back into place.

And finally, another time, I woke up to see a black silhouette next to my bed move quickly away. After getting up, I quickly checked to see if it was my smaller brother, who was sharing a room with me. But he was sound asleep. I remember about the shape that it was completely impossible to see any details, and that it was soundless.

If any of you have comments, feel free to post them. I would appreciate any advice or shared experiences.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eternix, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

eternix (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Wow(megan_arnold91), that's pretty creepy. But don't play with a ouija board,please. Anyways, I commented on A Touch of Darkness that I thought about a ouija board and then I saw one, and that happened to me again...
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-24)
Excuse me eternix.
Hello Megan_arnold91. After all the talk about not playing with the Ouija boards you went and did it anyway. Hmmmm...
Don't be shocked when you start seeing black beings waking you up at night staring at you, then they will get closer and closer until they try to pick you up to carry you off somewhere or crawl in the bed with you or maybe something much, much worse! These are only some of the things that happened to me after playing with a Ouija board when I was 12 years old and then at about fifteen years old. And I didn't play with one in the dark either, it was in a completely lit room.
Oh yeah, you are right that it could have been an evil spirit that was pretending to be a little boy so you would let him in and you did by talking to him or it. Didn't you. Well I'll pray for you and hope nothing bad comes of it.
Shelby ❤
megan_arnold91 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-24)
so A while back I posted "a touch of darkness" and you made the comment saying "it seems that when people play with ouiji boards, it always wants to harm the person"...well Me and two friends decided to play in her house... But we left enough light in the room that we could still see each others faces...(usually it has to be dark to play)...it worked. We talked to a little boy... And after all the info... Apparently his dad beat him to death so his mom killed herself... All he wanted to do was see his mom, but he couldnt. He liked cars so we actually put a hot wheel on the table... Although it never moved. This was the first time I had played and not felt scared or uncomfortable at ALL... But I wonder if it was really a little boy... Or just a bad man...pretending, knowing that we would let our gaurd down...

By the Way, reading your story made me think your are REALLY brave to get up and check... When I see stuff,...I PANIC
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-08)
Thank you for sharing your story eternix.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
eternix (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-08)
Thanks for your advice, Bellissima, both you and Sandy have fair points. Even though I haven't checked the history about my area, this spirit or entity could be anyone, ranging from an ancient native american or something to a recently deceased person from around here. This is gangster neighborhood 😢 , and people have died around here during the last three years.
ducky493 (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-08)
I would of been scared to death but I still live with my parents so I don't really see stuff like that. But when you metoined the garment something typed on my computer it said something about... A warning this is going to be a creppy night hope things get better with your ghost may be tell him to get lost in heaven but tell him to go there frist.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-06)
Hi eternix. That was a really interesting and good story. That would be pretty scary but it doesn't sound like a mean or threatening entity. Just a troublesome one. Ask the spirit to leave, tell it to move on and maybe it will get bored with not scaring the bejeepers out of you, since you haven't shown any major reaction to it. Sandy has a good idea in checking out the history, that might at least lead to some peace of mind. 😊
eternix (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-06)
Yes, that's very possible. This is an apartment complex, and I don't know of these kinks of things happening in the other apartments, but it's very likely. Which reminds me of another experience I forgot to mention in my story, once at night I suddenly woke up and stared at a clothes garment hanging near my bed. I don't know why, but literally paralyzed with fear, I couldn't do anything but continue to stare at the clothes. But I think somehow I was awake while my body slept on somehow😕(?)
Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-06)
Well I have to say, California is full of ghost. My adopted mom lived in Oceanside, Ca and her condo was haunted. You could ask the landlord about the history, and if he/she doesn't come off of any infomation go to the library and do some digging around on the background of the town. This could lead to more info. Good luck and God be with you and your family.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: