You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Basement Hall

Real Ghost Stories

The Basement Hall

 

Few days ago, I was stuck late in my office because we had a P.O. (Purchase Order) to open in order to purchase some license. Before continuing, I would like to provide you brief description of my professional life. I work in a Micro finance (please pardon me for not mentioning the name). In it I work in the micro pension department which focuses on those section of peoples who did not covered under EPF (Employee Provident Fund, it is the most popular investment for salaried individuals, and is maintained solely by the Employees' Provident Fund Organization of India) facilities i.e. Small businessmen's, vendors, fishermen, labors etc and we offer them NPS-lite scheme (a central government pension product). I handle the back- office work.

Coming back to my story, since we had a P.O. To open so that day we had an 'extended' stay. I along with my four colleges was quite busy in the process to open a P.O. For some license purchasing from external vendors. The meeting place from where the PO was to be open, was arrange in the board meeting hall which was situated at the 3rd floor of our office building.

In the last phase, say an hour before the opening, my boss asked me to bring a file from the archive. The archive room is situated in the basement hall.

As soon as reached to the entrance of the archive room, I felt something strange like I shouldn't be here. I thought that I should call my colleague and good friend of mine Prakash. But since he did not have any faith in ghost or paranormal existences, I thought calling him would not be a good idea as he would sense that I am in fear going alone in the archive room and I could be a part of funny gossip.

Thinking all this, I drop down the idea of calling him. I gather some internal strength and entered into the archive room cantering the name of goddess so that she could save me from the unknown spiritual entities.

There was pin drop silence in the room. Suddenly, I got an idea in order to encounter with my fear. I called Prakash and started asking him about the file details (although I knew about what I was looking for) and putted my cell phone on speaker mode so that my mind could be distracted from the emptiness of the room.

It would have been 5 minutes or so, when I heard sound of falling something. Reaching towards the sound, I saw 3 box files fallen on the floor. I first thought that rats would had been responsible for it as it's a basement and I had seen few rats hovering here and there in my earlier visit, so I didn't take it seriously and started communicating with Prakash.

But few seconds later, 2 more box files were fallen and this time I saw them falling. I was surprised with a pinch of fear that how it could fall without the help of any external force. It wasn't draft since I was standing in the center of the basement and the only source of breathable air was coming from the A.C. Vents situated on the either side of the walls.

Before I get to a proper result, I was terrified when someone mocked me from behind when I was searching the required file. I immediately responded and looked behind but I saw no one there.

After getting the file, I went to the staircase. Suddenly, there was a power cut occurs in that locality. In the basement, there were only 4 CFL lights which were on power back-up inverters which was not sufficient for that area. My heart was pounding like a bombshell when I saw a tall masculine figure standing about 10 to 12 feet away and staring with anger.

I started climbing the stairs gently without reacting much and when I got out of that basement I shutted the door as hard as could and ran away from there. These entire incidents would have been happened within 10 to 15 minutes or so.

When I reached to the meeting place I was poured in sweat and my breathing was too uneven. My boss and other colleagues were surprised to see me sweating like that they thought maybe I am not feeling well and they suggested me to take some rest.

I don't know what that object was or why these entities always tried to fill their presence when they found people alone? After that incident, I am still in process of searching the history of the basement archive room. I would let you know when I have it.

Other hauntings by sushantkar

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sushantkar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Hi sheetal! Thank you very much for the appreciation. I am very happy to hear that you like the story. Thanks for reading it.

With regards & ❤
Sushant
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Hi, Sushant... You are very honest with your stories... So I do not have any doubt on this. Even I also get scared in archive room. Hoping to get history soon.

Thanks dear for sharing, ❤
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-09-24)
Sushantkar- Might I start off with stating you are one brave individual! I would have ran at rats haha then died when the lights went off. What did you mean it mocked you? Like what you said to a friend? If so, did the Pakrash hear it?
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-09-24)
Hello to Chin2Raval, may be you are right. It may be spirit of man who love to work there. But, I don't think that he would have disturbed by someone's work their because if it would have been the case, we would have registered number of complains of paranormal activity by those employees who frequently go their.
Though, I have putted some quires related to this to one of the female staff who is supportive in-charge of the Archive room, but she says that she had never experienced any paranormal activity before.
Although, some times she filled strange their like she shouldn't be their.
So, my quest continues until the truth is achieved.

With best regards ❤
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-24)
Hi BadJuuJuu! I could assume the box files which I sawed falling in front of me may be act of rats but was I pranked? I doubt that because what I saw there it can't be human. It was a pitched black masculine figure standing in the light.

With best regards
Chin2Raval (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-24)
Hi Sushantkar! Good story. See I have seen many office related haunted cases. Maybe this spirit of man you saw in the basement could be an employee who love to work there and don't want anyone to disturb him. And also sometimes these entities follow only us. See maybe your office history had some secrets. Its good that you are trying to get some history of it. Hope you get your answers very soon. Thank You and God Bless!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-23)
I'm leaning toward thinking the boxes falling were just knocked down by rats, as you admit there were rats in the basement. Any chance of the male figure being a coworker messing with you? It sounds like too good an opportunity to prank someone to ignore.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: