You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Man In The Bathroom Door

Real Ghost Stories

Man In The Bathroom Door

 

I used to live in a very small house in a quiet neighborhood. I would always sleep in the room that was at the end of the hallway next to the bathroom. I usually slept with my door open when I little because I had nightmares, but after this experience slept with it closed. I was about 12 or 13 when this happened so here goes.

My family is/was very religious when I was growing up. In my house, I always had had very unpleasant feelings and dreams/nightmares in my room. One night I had left the door open, and the bathroom light was on to help me sleep since I was struggling with nightmares at that time. My bed was faced near the window, and the door was open so I could see into the entrance door of the bathroom and the shelves.

I woke up one night after having an unpleasant dream as I recall. Something didn't feel right. I was facing towards the wall and decided to turn around to see if the bathroom light was on since sometimes people would turn it off. I remember looking over and seeing a man in an all black cloak walk out of the bathroom (he reminded of me of the grim reaper at first). Before he disappeared he looked at me, he had piercing black eyes and his face was all white. He reminded me of Satan to be honest.

I don't remember falling asleep, I don't really remember anything besides seeing him and then being scared. I think I may have went unconscious because I was so scared so I kind of just shut down.

I still am scared to sleep in that room and get chills when I'm there without my fiance, and when I do go over I don't sleep with the door open. Now I sleep with it closed and still get chills when I have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Any thoughts?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, msrosaline88, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-27)
I can't say whether what you saw was in your mind or some kind of spirit or entity. I can say that some rooms just seem to be wrong. Whether it's bad feng shui or something else, there are certain rooms I just never feel comfortable in. When I was a kid, I had a similar experience in that I was always afraid of the dark and afraid to sleep alone and I woke in the night one time and saw shadow figures around my bed. I personally believe it was real in the sense that it was not a nightmare. It had some objective reality, although what it was I have no idea. Like you, I don't really recall falling back asleep, and I must have just passed out from sheer exhaustion and terror at some point. I never felt quite right in that room before or after that experience, and our room in another house we lived in also always gave me the willies. If my husband wasn't home, I would sleep in the living room or upstairs. I just couldn't sleep in that room alone, although I never saw anything unexplainable in there. I feel feng shui might be a factor since when I was a kid my bed was arranged so that my feet pointed to the door (a very bad position). In the other house we slept in a different room briefly while we got the master bedroom renovated a bit. In that room, my feet were pointing to the door and right opposite the door was a staircase (a double bad feng shui whammy). I had bad nightmares in that room until we hung a crystal from the ceiling at the bottom of the staircase to slow down the energy. Sounds crazy, I know, but it worked. Whether it was psychological or something else, the energy seemed calmer and I slept better. Sorry for the long, rambling reply. I enjoyed your post.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-24)
i think I too would have to agree with Griff84 on this one. If this is the only time you saw it, and you said you have frequent night terrors, maybe they just played with your mind for a moment. It can happen, especially if you randomly wake up from REM sleep.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-24)
I am going to agree with Griff on this.

It is very easy for the mind to be influenced by dreams, especially night terrors, lucid dreams and vivid dreams. The mind can easily make these into real memories. The fear you experienced at that time is then projected into the now, causing your intense feelings of negativity when you are around that space.

What about it, exactly, reminded you of Satan?
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-24)
Hi msrosaline88, welcome to YGS.

My first thought is that this 'being' is linked to the nightmare which you awoke from, and you could have still been in a almost half dream state when you saw him / it.

Its obvious that you struggled with nightmares, so perhaps the fact that you had just awoken from one, as well as the fear of perhaps being in the dark (you had to check the light was still on) was enough to make you see this.

I do wonder if you ever saw this person in your nightmares, or saw a similar figure whilst reading literature or on the TV, and I also wonder as Nectarvore has already asked, did you ever see him again?

Thanks for posting 😊
nadinucca (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-24)
I'm going to go with Nectarvore on this one:
- Did it only appear that one time?
- Do you always have a negative vibe when in the area? (You have to distinguish between the fear you create reliving your memory, and an external negative vibe.)
Transient hauntings happen quite a lot, actually.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-24)
Hmm... I personally am not a huge believer in Satan. But if what you saw was an intelligent haunting (by intelligent I mean it was coherent and aware of your presence... In that it made eye contact with you?) and you were raised in a religious environment I can see why you'd make that connection. Is it the only time you ever saw it manifest? Everything else has just been a spooky negative vibe? I wonder if it was a transient haunting... Sometimes ghosts pass through but don't stay anchored to the site of the haunting. Or else it does belong to the house, or that room... And you've only seen it that once. Are you the only one in your family sensitive enough to sense it?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: