You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man In A Suit

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In A Suit

 

This story took place in San Diego, CA. My family and I lived in this house for 6 years, and it was there that I experienced most of the horrifying paranormal happenings of my childhood.

The history of the house is fairly disturbing and may explain why the energy was so strong. A man lived alone there into his old age, and from what I was told he was not a pleasant being. He was known to shoot at trespassers that would cut through his backyard to the street atop a hill that bordered his property. As the story goes, he shot and injured a young man shortly before he passed away. Needless to say the energy was negative, we all sensed it, but it was a good deal on rent for a family of seven living in expensive San Diego.

There were little things that happened to me, like being tapped on the shoulder when no one else was around. I read excessively as a child and on two different occasions as I was getting lost in an adventure, my book was pulled forcefully from my hands and landed in my lap.

Something about the bathroom unnerved me and I disliked with a passion going in there. It felt as though someone or something was waiting for me just outside the door.

I remember one night sleeping on the couch because my sister (whom I shared a room with) was ill and my mother didn't want me to catch what she had. I was just getting comfortable but still wide awake, I heard what I assumed was my mother or father in the kitchen making a snack. I heard items being pulled out of the fridge. It sounded as if he/she was making a sandwich. It comforted me to know that someone else was close by. I really disliked being alone in that house. After what seemed like quite awhile, I got up to use that dreadful bathroom, and, I was also curious about who was taking so long making a sandwich. To my surprise no one was in the kitchen. The counter was clean and clear. My mother had already retired for the evening and my dad was in the garage visiting with friends. No one had been in the kitchen after I was tucked in.

When I was seven, one evening, my older siblings were babysitting my younger brother and me. My two older brothers and sister were in the last room at the end of a very long hallway playing video games. My brother and I were in the living room playing dinosaurs on the couch. We had two recliner chairs that sat opposite of each other at a fairly good distance apart. As we were happily playing I looked up for moment at one of the chairs, a man with a business suit and briefcase was standing there. He wasn't in solid form, he had a mild glow to him but the details were very prominent. I remember he had a dark beard, clean haircut, blue suit with a tie and of course his briefcase in hand. He walked halfway toward the other recliner and vanished. Stunned, I let out a gasp. My brother asked me what was wrong, not wanting to frighten him I answered "nothing" and went back to playing. Not but a moment later the man reappears in the same location he vanished, he continued walking to the second recliner. I watched him sit down, set his briefcase down beside the chair, take a deep breathe and look directly at me. It was then that I bolted down the hall screaming. I told them of what had happened, but my older siblings didn't believe me, they even teased me for years about it. My younger brother however, saw the fear in my eyes and knew I had witnessed something extraordinary that night.

My memory of that incident is clear as if it happened yesterday. Of all the really creepy experiences I had in that house, I will never forget what I saw... What I felt that night. Fear and certainty that someone else was in that room while I played contently with my brother.

My story ends here for now. More to come in the future. Thank you for reading, comments are always welcome.

Other hauntings by Phoenix83

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Phoenix83, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WhiteRing (5 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-03)
This story is well written especially the part of that suit-wearing dude. While I was reading, I can actually imagine that walking, sitting, briefcase down, sighing or deep breath, and the slow or sudden stare (I imagined 2 scenarios of how he looked at you).
All in all, this is great read
tanscaredofghosts (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-27)
Dear phoenix83,
Your story was really intresting. I can understand how it feels when you see or feel something paranomal and no one belive's you. Anyways it's good that spirit din't harm you.:)
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-26)
Did you ever have another encounter with him after that? Has he appeared again, not having to look at you or anything? Or has anything else happened that was really strange? I'm glad your mom believes you, because when they don't it sucks.
Phoenix83 (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-26)
Thank you for reading everyone! Ifihadyoux: I didn't feel a negative vibe at the time and as wish-not mentioned, I believe there was more of a "surprise" factor going on. He definitely noticed me and that's when I lost it. I was fascinated by him up to the point when he looked at me. My sensitivity to the house was much stronger than the rest of my family, except my mother. She believed what I saw as she had her own experiences that were fairly intense.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-25)
Phoenix83- That must have been something for a child to experience. I'm with the rest on maybe he wasn't there to scare or harm you. Just the "SURPRISE" factor. It happens quite often around my place.

Great story! Ready for more.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-25)
Those mean old sisters! Lol. Sounds like he isn't a bad spirit, maybe he just thinks he's alive and you're the ghost? Do you feel a real creepy, evil, etc. Vibe? I know you sense a negative one from what I gathered in your reading.
Phoenix83 (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-25)
Thank you for reading my story elnoraemily. My brother was facing me at the time and he remembers being very focused on my reaction. Too bad too, a fellow witness would have been a comfort.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-25)
That's a very detailed account! Was your brother facing away from him or was he just completely unable to see him at all?

Fascinating story. It doesn't seem like the man wanted to hurt you, but I would have ran screaming as as well.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: